Status
Not open for further replies.

Ring 6

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
It is simply ludicrous to me to make that statement.
You can say they are a wild card team to make it to the SB.
---They cannot be any 'hotter' than any wild card team to make the SB.
Before winning their 3 CLOSE playoff games, they lost their last game of the year.

How about we tell it as it really is.
The Giants had a regular season that would give them no business being in the SB. They won their playoff games to get to the SB. If the Giants are "Hot" then every team to ever play in a SB was "Hot". Somehow, the idea of being on a hot streak has become the euphamism for "Surprisingly they made it through the weak NFC because at the start of the playoffs they appeared to stand no chance to even beat those teams".

The Giants are hotter because they've won 3 in a row and averaged a 5.6 point victory in the playoffs.

The Patriots aren't because they've only won 18 in a row and averaged just a 10 point win in the playoffs.

Get with the program, will you ? :D

Last edited:
Not to mention they tried numerous times to hand the game to Green Bay; INT that was fumbled back to Green Bay, leading to a score, the holding call on the TD run late in the game and two missed field goals.

Yeah, they are one hot team, a team of destiny; a team going for 19-0 isn't a team of destiny? I just don't get it.

Tomorrow can't come fast enough. The difference between the two teams is the Patriots know they belong there, the Giants with all their talking and theatrics (black suits, nice touch, kind of like when the Miami Hurricanes went to the NCAA Championship game vs Penn State and got off the plane in Army fatigues because they were going to war; how'd that work out?) are trying to convince themselves they belong there.

BIG difference.

Not to mention they tried numerous times to hand the game to Green Bay; INT that was fumbled back to Green Bay, leading to a score, the holding call on the TD run late in the game and two missed field goals.
The thing I love about that game and the media response is how the Giants "forced" Favre to make bad throws. Well Pro Football Talk had a picture of the OT INT (legit PFT stuff, is was the real picture) and Favre threw to the only covered guy. He literally had three open options (2 WR and a RB) that he ignored.

That's because he's Favre, "The gunslinger", aka, the guy who constantly tries to jam in a pass where he shouldn't........

When you play as average as the Giants have all year. Winning 3 in a row is a hot streak. Plus few people expected them to beat the Cowboys and Packers.

Plus the Patriots are playing "poorly" compared to them pasting people in the first half of the season(according to the experts)

I just hope the Patriots come out and spank them. I miss the 14 to 0 leads in the first 7 minutes and 28-0 by half.

It is simply ludicrous to me to make that statement.
You can say they are a wild card team to make it to the SB.
---They cannot be any 'hotter' than any wild card team to make the SB.
Before winning their 3 CLOSE playoff games, they lost their last game of the year.

How about we tell it as it really is.
The Giants had a regular season that would give them no business being in the SB. They won their playoff games to get to the SB. If the Giants are "Hot" then every team to ever play in a SB was "Hot". Somehow, the idea of being on a hot streak has become the euphamism for "Surprisingly they made it through the weak NFC because at the start of the playoffs they appeared to stand no chance to even beat those teams".

Personally, I'm much more impressed by a team who goes through wild card weekend, wins at Dallas and wins at Green Bay in subzero temperatures than a team who beats Jacksonville and San Diego.
Seriously, would it kill you to give the opponent credit once a year?

Of course the Giants are hot. How else can you explain the start of this hot streak: beating a team (Bucs) from the NFL's weakest division (NFC South) that starts a QB (Garcia) who has been a backup for the last few years, whose only receiver (Galloway) was hurt, and started a 4th string RB (Graham) playing only because three other RB were injured!

Obviously beating the Bucs is more impressive than beating the Chargers, Cowboys, Colts, Steelers, Jaguars, and every other team this year . . .

Personally, I'm much more impressed by a team who goes through wild card weekend, wins at Dallas and wins at Green Bay in subzero temperatures than a team who beats Jacksonville and San Diego.
Seriously, would it kill you to give the opponent credit once a year?

I had been predicting the Cowboys would go one and done since November (before their precipitous December decline), so color me unimpressed. The Bucs blow, and the game in Green Bay was wholly unimpressive for both teams (with the exception of Burress and some plays made by the Giants D, particularly Antonio Pierce). Both teams did nearly everything in their power to blow that game and the Giants simply made fewer mistakes coming down the stretch (or had more re-do's depending on how you want to paint that portrait).

Winning three games on the road to get to the Super Bowl is impressive as a whole, yet when you look at each game individually it proves less so.

Uh, and it was pretty cold in Foxboro, too, so that's a pretty ridiculous reason to cite why their run is more impressive.

I'm nervous because the Patriots haven't played any "hot teams" this year other than the 5-0 Cowboys, 8-0 Colts, 4 in row Bills, Jaguars aka "the team that no one wants to play" and the 8 in row Chargers other than that the Pats haven't had to deal with any "hot teams".

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes