PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can we learn how to actually spell our Head Coach's last name for once?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I did not want to waste a post on this because its primarily a spelling problem and its a bit anal per say,but its out of hand.

In the past several posts mentioning our HCs last name I have seen spelling of his name like this...

BelichEck
BelLichick
BelEchEck
Belichik
Belechick

For gods sake his name is spelled B-E-L-I-C-H-I-C-K - thats Belichick

It does not take a brain surgeon to learn this

Now back to class children recess is over..... :D

Last edited:
Re: Can we learn how to actually spell our Head Coaches last name for once?

Well, in reality then we should REALLY be spelling it Bilicic, if you wanna get specific and historically correct :p

I did not want to waste a post on this because its primarily a spelling problem and its a bit anal per say,but its out of hand.

In the past several posts mentioning our HCs last name I have seen spelling of his name like this...

BelichEck
BelLichick
BelEchEck
Belichik
Belechick

LOL! It's one of my pet peeves too, but I never talk about it. Just as bad is the mispronunciation. His name is BelichIck, not BelichEck.

You would have been more correct in your title and post if you'd used the spellings:

Coach's
it's
per se
HC's
God's

It's a good thing that you're going back to class!

LOL! It's one of my pet peeves too, but I never talk about it. Just as bad is the mispronunciation. His name is BelichIck, not BelichEck.

Yeah I have that as a pet peeve too and I think its a bit of disrespect,illiterate or ignorance whatever category you put it in but now there have been several different types of spellings of his name,Its beyond tolerable anymore.

If you are a Patriots fan than at least know how to spell your f-cking coach's name correct or become a bears fan because Smith is an easier name to spell I guess :rolleyes: :D

You would have been more correct in your title and post if you'd used the spellings:

Coach's
it's
per se
HC's
God's

O.K. if you want to be technical about it ;) , But a coach's last name should be easy regardless,He has been here for 7 years.

You have trouble with punctuation. (For example, two of those commas in your last post should have been periods.) Other people have trouble with spelling.

Learn to live with it!

:D

Last edited:

Title of this thread:

<< Can we learn how to actually spell our Head Coaches last name for once? >>

COACHES?

LOL.

Oh, the irony.

For more background on this issue, you might talk to Matt Cassell, Willie McGuinnest, or the linebacking core. ;)

I'll just stick with "BB."

Title of this thread:

<< Can we learn how to actually spell our Head Coaches last name for once? >>

COACHES?

LOL.

Oh, the irony.

Fixed that,Now hopefully others fix it as well and make it a better educated forum :D

Well, in reality then we should REALLY be spelling it Bilicic, if you wanna get specific and historically correct :p

Indeed. Would it then have to change pronunciation to Beli-cheech? My Serbo-Croat is ropey, to say the least.

You have trouble with punctuation. (For example, two of those commas in your last post should have been periods.) Other people have trouble with spelling.

Learn to live with it!

I may be wrong on this, but I'm pretty sure your sentence isn't exactly grammatically correct, either. I don't think it's proper to put entire sentence in parenthesis. You could have written the sentence in one of two ways:

You have trouble with punctuation (for example, two of those commas in your last post should have been periods).

or

You have trouble with punctuation. For example, two of those commas in your last post should have been periods.

Now will someone please find something wrong with my post and correct me.

BelichEck
BelLichick
BelEchEck
Belichik
Belechick

Awesome. :)

While we're at it...it's not spelled C-O-W-B-O-Y-S, it's spelled V-I-C-T-I-M-S. (I hope.)

Indeed. Would it then have to change pronunciation to Beli-cheech? My Serbo-Croat is ropey, to say the least.

I have not heard the Serbo-Croat language in many YEARS.

Errr, I mean: It has been many years since I have been exposed to the Serbo-Croat language. :)

Can we include a homophone lesson in this thread? How about a lesson on the difference between singular possessive ending in an 's' and plural possessive? What about fewer vs. lesser? Oh, and can I add a footnote saying that a word being in the dictionary just means it's common rather than meaning it is a viable word (I'm looking at you, ain't).

As a random related thought, I love the filter on SoSH which changes misspellings of Buchholz to "I am an idiot."

Coach's
it's
per se
HC's
God's

Nice

Last edited:

Learn to live with it!

There's no excuse for failing to care about spelling someone's name properly. It's insulting.

BelichEck
BelLichick
BelEchEck
Belichik
Belechick

I think it's insulting people don't think I can spell bil bilecheck's name correctly.

And I love analysts that get confused between the two BB's, Bill Belichick and Brian Billick, calling Bill, Brian and vice versa.

I may be wrong on this, but I'm pretty sure your sentence isn't exactly grammatically correct, either. I don't think it's proper to put entire sentence in parenthesis. You could have written the sentence in one of two ways:

You have trouble with punctuation (for example, two of those commas in your last post should have been periods).

or

You have trouble with punctuation. For example, two of those commas in your last post should have been periods.

Your wish is my command. :D

"I don't think it's proper to put an entire sentence in parentheses."
or
"I don't think it's proper to put entire sentences in parentheses."

Erudite humor is fun. ;)

or

I'm tired. Please correct at least two errors in the part I bolded, thus saving me the trouble of doing it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes