PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can we go Undefeated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stupid thread.

In Madden yes, in real life....NO!

More importantly, how good will they be in Madden?

:rofl:

We are stocked, and I think we can go to the Super Bowl if everyone stays healthy. But we are not going to go undefeated. Our schedule is simply too tough. If we draft some defense though, we could easily go 14-2 next year. :rocker:

19-0 I say yes......watch out shula

Are you serious? It's not even May yet.

On a serious note...what struck the change in the New England philosophy? Building up from within with character guys and adding little pieces from the outside. This year they seem to have turned into the New England Yankees.

Are you serious? It's not even May yet.

On a serious note...what struck the change in the New England philosophy? Building up from within with character guys and adding little pieces from the outside. This year they seem to have turned into the New England Yankees.

******ed comparison.

Salary cap + locker room full of leaders + laying down the law with problem children = anti-Yankees.

******ed comparison.

Salary cap + locker room full of leaders + laying down the law with problem children = anti-Yankees.

I was joking a bit, but the Pats spent a bunch on money this off season and Moss is due quite a bit too. Adding Moss and Meriweather is not in line with the character guys normally on the Pats' roster.

I was joking a bit, but the Pats spent a bunch on money this off season and Moss is due quite a bit too. Adding Moss and Meriweather is not in line with the character guys normally on the Pats' roster.

The Pats spent money that they had under the cap.

The kid stomped on a dude in a brawl, and then owned up to it, saying (paraphrasing): "I'm a leader on this team and I should have known better." The gun thing was not only perfectly legal but perfectly understandable.

Moss is a child in a man's body, just like Manny Ramirez. If properly motivated, Moss will still be elite. New England is the ideal place for him to do just that.

Worry about your own team.

There hasn't been a change in philosophy, it's a different expression of the same thing. We've always done what is best for the team. The AD pickup was a no brainer, as he's not just a great player, but also a very versatile great player, so he's the best possible fit for the Pats system (where even WRs can play DB). Everyone fit a need, and fit better than we could get from this year's shallow draft. You can't compare any nlf team, Pats or otherwise, to the Yankees. NFL teams have to contend with the salary cap, and you can only spend within it. Every team can spend the same amount. It's being diligent with your cash that makes the difference. We had lots of cap room, and since we couldn't draft to fill our needs, we went through free agency. Not typical for the Pats, but not a break in philosophy either.

Well, seems to me the Pats are re-loaded for another run. They traded for FUTURE draft picks, and now they're loading up for a run this year. Simply put, undefeated is stupid brownie points. This team is geared up to beat anyone's ass, thats all I care about.

Undefeated? I seriously doubt it, I don't think we'll ever see it again.

In the immortal words of TommyD4207, "Why not 38-0?"

I believe this team still has:

1) some quickly aging linebackers (Bruschi lost a step last year and Vrabel can't be far behind,

2) a secondary that seems to take injuries every year (Harrison, Wilson, Gay),

3) a starting cornerback who may or may not even be with the team (at least for the first 10 weeks)

4) an unproven full-season running back (Maroney split carries in college and didn't play the whole year last year),

and 5) injuries are always a concern for every team (Brady has NEVER been injured, and what if Thomas suffers a freakish 2nd-game-of-the-year Colvin-type injury).

The additions made in free agency have been great. Awesome, really. Taking a 4th round flyer on Randy Moss is just the icing on the cake.

But no team is perfect. And the most talent "stacked" teams don't always win (last year, the Chargers had more "talent" than the Patriots, the Rams had more talent than the Pats in 2001, and the 2006 Colts weren't as talented as the 2005 version).

This team is a favorite to win it all (along with the Colts and Chargers).

But undefeated? The fact that no one has managed a 16-0 regular season, much less a 19-0 complete season, tells me that it's ridiculous to even discuss this possibility.

Worst, it's ****y. And bad karma.

Enjoy what the Pats have put together. 2007 looks to be a heckuva year (against a heckuva schedule).

Didn't realize I couldn't use a word that means "arrogant" and is spelled using the first four letters of another word for "rooster." Geez.

In the immortal words of TommyD4207, "Why not 38-0?"

mmmm now your talking I mean In my mind this weekends moves make us a good front runner for the SB this year and next between randy and the 5 day one picks in next years draft(possible top 10)

I love this team and front office

To the original poster who started this thread back in April 2007....

You may have something there - Good prediction,Although nothing is in stone yet

You guys wont have much competition in the next 3 weeks

The Jets and Dolphins both blow and the Giants will be resting their starters to get ready for the playoffs, that game will mean nothing to them

But I think even you guys agree that its not the 16-0 that matters, its 19-0. 16-0 means nothing without 19-0. But you shouldnt have a very difficult time going 16-0

Stupid thread.

In Madden yes, in real life....NO!

Funny thing is, I was never able to do it in Madden but in real life.........well lets wait 6 more games before we finish this statement............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back