PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can We Get A New Forum For Religious Discussion?

shirtsleeve

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
This is a plea to Ian and the mods on this and all boards. Can we please get a forum established for religious conversation? This forum used to be a pleasant refreshing one. One where people came to de-stress and have light hearted conversation after the serious business of the other boards here. A happy little place to take a break and have a laugh. It no longer is such a place.

This is NOT an attack on those of us with religious bent and a real need to share same. I understand and appreciate you. But it is my opinion that such conversation is dragging this particular board down.

The obvious solution to the uneducated such as myself would be to add a forum for such conversation.

Just my two cents.

In the meantime I will continue to ignore all religious threads and posts and try to bring the lighthearted side back to this board whenever I post here.

2nd the motion.

Absolutely agree.

While I appreciate that sharing your religious experience is an entirely valid use of this forum and that it is equally appropriate for others to challenge it, there is no doubt that it is coming to dominate the forum.

A plea to the posters. Really, it is not necessary for every new thought/religiously inspired youtube URL to command a new thread. One or two should be sufficient.

I have the feeling that there are no mods active on this forum, but, if there are, would it not be right to amalgamate some of these threads?

There actually is very little religious "discussion" happening here. It's mostly one person living out his addiction and pushing it on others through covert campaigning. I see no reason why a separate forum should be established for or because of 3 to be 4. A better solution would be to enact policies aimed at eliminating multiple threads deemed obsessive in nature, no matter what the topic. Or, a "sticky" thread could be established for religionists and religionism where the rants can be consolidated. OR, how about merging religion with the political forum?

Last edited:
I'll support this request! Religion like Politics should have their own place.

Aye. :agree:

Count me in too! I really would like them in different forums!

:bricks:

Oh HELL yes.

Thanks for the support, now if we could just get a mod to read it!

Could we just get a firewall that prevents 3 to 4 from accessig his own PC installed?

shirtsleeve said:
This is a plea to Ian and the mods on this and all boards. Can we please get a forum established for religious conversation? This forum used to be a pleasant refreshing one. One where people came to de-stress and have light hearted conversation after the serious business of the other boards here. A happy little place to take a break and have a laugh. It no longer is such a place.

This is NOT an attack on those of us with religious bent and a real need to share same. I understand and appreciate you. But it is my opinion that such conversation is dragging this particular board down.

The obvious solution to the uneducated such as myself would be to add a forum for such conversation.

Just my two cents.

In the meantime I will continue to ignore all religious threads and posts and try to bring the lighthearted side back to this board whenever I post here.

grogan2767 said:
Could we just get a firewall that prevents 3 to 4 from accessig his own PC installed?

Grogan, what your take on Catholics?

I love them. Do you think they are going to Hell id they are trusting in Mary for forgiveness, or if they are trusting in their own good deeds for salvation, and don't beleive in being born again, and think they have to pray the rosary to get their sins forgiven?

Does Jesus fogive them and let them into Heaven if they are trusting in their own good works, and think they should go to Heaven?

I love Catholics.

3 to be 4 said:
Grogan, what your take on Catholics?

grogan2767 said:
I love them. Do you think they are going to Hell id they are trusting in Mary for forgiveness, or if they are trusting in their own good deeds for salvation, and don't beleive in being born again, and think they have to pray the rosary to get their sins forgiven?

Does Jesus fogive them and let them into Heaven if they are trusting in their own good works, and think they should go to Heaven?

I love Catholics.

Catholics believe in Jesus, Grogan. Catholics are going to Heaven, Grogan

Catholics believe in God, are they stupid, Grogan?

3, Many Catholics are Catholic in heritage only ,3,

And you obviously know theology. Most evangelicals believe that Catholics have it seriously wrong enough for them not to be saved. I' acgtually heartened by the fact that you think they are going to heaven. I think if there is a heaven, Catholics would be there, BUT it would have nothing to do with believing in Christ.

If there is a god, he is not the god of the Bible in any way.

3 to be 4 said:
Catholics believe in Jesus, Grogan. Catholics are going to Heaven, Grogan

Catholics believe in God, are they stupid, Grogan?

grogan2767 said:
3, Many Catholics are Catholic in heritage only ,3,

And you obviously know theology. Most evangelicals believe that Catholics have it seriously wrong enough for them not to be saved. I' acgtually heartened by the fact that you think they are going to heaven. I think if there is a heaven, Catholics would be there, BUT it would have nothing to do with believing in Christ.

If there is a god, he is not the god of the Bible in any way.

you are backpeddling Grogan, i thought God didnt exist?

Catholics are Catholic in heritage only??? gee, thats too insulting to Catholics. You are wrong to assume that "most evangelicals believe that Catholics.....not to be saved"
i will admit, there are some, the Right Wing Southern Baptists i mentioned earlier that i dont agree with, go on with that stuff. thats why i am not a Baptist, for the Bible says belief in Jesus is the main point. And Catholics believe in Jesus, even though YOU tradh them by saying it only a heritage thing.
certainly not in Boston, where i spent much time.

But im confused, Grogan. How can you say you think Catholics are going to Heaven if the idea of Heaven is STUPID?

whether you love them or not, Grogan, are Catholics stupid for believing in Jesus and in Heaven?

I don't rule out completely the possibility that there is a god. I would have to be all knowing to do that, which I am not. I do however rule out the Bible. The Bible is clearly false. The God of the Bible is a nasty, vengeful, wrathful, angry, jealous monster. He is a beast and a nightmare. Thankfully HE does not exist.

The Bible is a joke.

3 to be 4 said:
you are backpeddling Grogan, i thought God didnt exist?

Catholics are Catholic in heritage only??? gee, thats too insulting to Catholics. You are wrong to assume that "most evangelicals believe that Catholics.....not to be saved"
i will admit, there are some, the Right Wing Southern Baptists i mentioned earlier that i dont agree with, go on with that stuff. thats why i am not a Baptist, for the Bible says belief in Jesus is the main point. And Catholics believe in Jesus, even though YOU tradh them by saying it only a heritage thing.
certainly not in Boston, where i spent much time.

But im confused, Grogan. How can you say you think Catholics are going to Heaven if the idea of Heaven is STUPID?

whether you love them or not, Grogan, are Catholics stupid for believing in Jesus and in Heaven?

grogan2767 said:
I don't rule out completely the possibility that there is a god. I would have to be all knowing to do that, which I am not. I do however rule out the Bible. The Bible is clearly false. The God of the Bible is a nasty, vengeful, wrathful, angry, jealous monster. He is a beast and a nightmare. Thankfully HE does not exist.

The Bible is a joke.

and dont forget the Torah, as the first 5 books of the Bible is also the Torah.

per Grogan, the Torah is a joke.

Jews hold the Torah sacred, at least practicing Jews do.

so therefore, per Grogan. Jews are not only "stupid", they are a joke.

You, mister, may very well be, the dumbest man on the face of the earth. Please for the sake of the plaent don't procreate. If you already have give them up for adoption.

3 to be 4 said:
and dont forget the Torah, as the first 5 books of the Bible is also the Torah.

per Grogan, the Torah is a joke.

Jews hold the Torah sacred, at least practicing Jews do.

so therefore, per Grogan. Jews are not only "stupid", they are a joke.

grogan2767 said:
You, mister, may very well be, the dumbest man on the face of the earth. Please for the sake of the plaent don't procreate. If you already have give them up for adoption.

bag of flaming poo to fling is empty, huh?

tough guy. trashing those who believe in God. real impressive.

i Nominate

nem

as Religious Forum Moderator.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back