PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can we FINALLY AND OFFICIALLY DROP "In BILL WE TRUST" BS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
NEPatriot = REX RYAN.......................
dude you are most certainly a bandwagoner....................

Last edited:
Re: Can we FINALLY AND OFFICIALLY DROP "In BILL WE TRUST" BS ?

This is why we can't have nice things :p

Last edited:
If you continue keeping up your 'In Bill we trust' BS, Pats will never MAKE it to play off.

Ahhh, so THAT's why the Pats lost today. Because the posters on Patsfans.com trust him too much. Right on.

Seriously though- do you think that we have the capacity to impact the game in any way? I agree that Belichick's made some pretty crucial mistakes recently, but how I feel about them has no conceivable impact on how the team actually performs. Unless Belichick stops by here after every tough loss to give himself a Stuart Smalley-esque pep talk, you're giving us waaaay too much credit.

Today game was PATHETIC. Tom Brady played his worst game today. He read the blitz and all that BUT he couldn't connect his receivers. A lot of bad throws ! 3 GAME DELAY PENALTY on TOM BRADY. TOM BRADY CAME DOWN TO EARTH.

Mr 'future' and second chance, Joe Galloway, SUCKs. When we needed him, he failed miserably. He couldn't catch the ball when the ball was in front of him. So much for veterans.

Why the fck do we still keep Marony????

BB lost his killer instincts. Do you know why he did well in 01, 03, and 04 when we didn't have a good O team??? Because he got his ark kicked out of Cleveland Brown and Jets. He had something 'to prove' when he came to Boston.

When we gave him too much credit and didn't even bother to challenge anything he did, we got today game performance.

BB is all about 'future'. What kind of future are we going to have when we don't have a good present?

BB is all about 'cost management' but what he needs to understand is he still NEED to have the BEST players to execute the plans. If he wants to have the BEST players, he needs to PAY them.

Because he doesn't want to pay 'them' and gets his skinny ars on the field, we get this sh!tty performance.

Let me get this straight. We spent the entire training camp to work on the red zone and all we had was a 3 FG kicks?? You got to be sh!ttting me right?

We spent the entire training camp to practice with 'full pad' twice a day and all we had was a 3 FG kicks with TB???? It CAN'T BE RIGHT.

07 offensive team is almost the same as 09 and this is how we played our 2 games????

It's time we drop 'In Bill we trust' BS because you COULD NOT TRUST HIM WITH A PERFECT 07 SEASON and how you continue to trust him when we have question marks on D, offensive coordinator, and draft?

Screw what the bashers are saying, you're making sense. We didn't perform well today. Most importantly, the same mistakes and weaknesses that we had at the end of the 2007 season have reared their head again in 2009. We simply don't run the ball enough. We don't. Don't bother blaming Maroney because he wasn't terrible today.

The crazy thing is that whenever Maroney does get on the field, he's rarely ever used as a receiver. He's best in the open field and is rarely used there. Granted, I do not think that he's been a success here, but we should have found better ways to get such an athletic talent involved in the passing game.

I'm as frustrated as the next guy - but to be down on BB after all the success he's brought to Foxborough is a tad excessive. I remember feeling pretty similar after the 04 Steelers game (reg season)... things got back to normal soon thereafter.

I'll say one thing : if they'd lost 41-35, I'd be much, much more worried. The offense will be fine. Had the D blown it, I'd be much more concerned. Much.

Re: Can we FINALLY AND OFFICIALLY DROP "In BILL WE TRUST" BS ?

If I had an uneasy feeling about whether or not the players are always playing hard for BB anymore, seeing Light, Mankins and Koppen laughing it up on the sidelines at the end of the game just reinforces it. Two out of those three know that they won't be getting new contracts.

What makes it even stranger, IMO, is that none of them seem to be particularly good football players at this point in their careers. I gotta rewatch the game again (which will be painful), but my initial thoughts are that all three of them got manhandled today. Considering the opposition, that isn't entirely damning, but I'm starting to get sick of making excuses for them everytime they face a halfway decent defensive line. Maybe we just need new tackles, and the Vollmer era can't begin fast enough as far as I'm concerned. He's got a ways to go, but I've love to see him in there as a starter to open 2010.

Go to bed. You need some rest - badly.

I'm as frustrated as the next guy - but to be down on BB after all the success he's brought to Foxborough is a tad excessive. I remember feeling pretty similar after the 04 Steelers game (reg season)... things got back to normal soon thereafter.

I'll say one thing : if they'd lost 41-35, I'd be much, much more worried. The offense will be fine. Had the D blown it, I'd be much more concerned. Much.

I hear ya. I'm not trying to throw Bill under the bus. I appreciate everything that he did, and everything that he continues to do for us. But, the loss to the Steelers and the loss to the Jests are just night and day. Against the Steelers, we were banged up already, then lost Ty Law during the game, and were out coached and out played.

In todays game, we lost because we couldn't field a balanced offense. The Jests linebackers knew that the Pats O-line was rarely going to get in their face so they played with reckless abandon. They came after Brady because our guys rarely came after them. We only gave up 17 points. But we only scored 3 field goals. I think if two of those scoring drives ended in touchdowns instead of field goals, we could win today.

Lets call it like it is: Brady was not good today. He's not himself yet. Our goal isn't to just get Brady back up to speed, but to win games. It would help if we ran the ball.

We should trade BB to the Browns for Mangini, or better yet, coax Pete Carroll out of the NCAA. I bet Carroll would do wonders with the Patriots. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes