PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can we end the "The Jets are the better team" talk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
All week all the media have said (even the ones who had the Pats winning) that the Jets are the better team and the Pats have Brady and Belichick. It is BS. The Jets have the names and the Pats have the unheralded rookies and other players.

Sorry, but I would take BJGE and Woodhead over Tomlinson and Greene right now. I would definitely take the Pats' o-line over the Jets' o-line. The Pats arguably have the better ILBs (did anyone notice Harris or Scott other than Harris was injured and Scott was biatching to the refs and both have been invisible for over a month). The Pats' safeties are better even before Leonard went down.

The Jets haven't beaten a playoff caliber team or a team with a winning record right now since week #2 vs. the Pats. The Pats are a far better team right now than they were in week #2.

Last edited:
Anyone who says that now should be berated loudly and repeatedly.

You do realize that most of the media is from New York, right? That won't ever end. Even right now, as we speak, the conversation is about how "we haven't seen the last of the Jets". Yeah, ESPN? I certainly hope not. Because I would love to see the Pats house the Jets again to the tune of 45-3.

All week all the media have said (even the ones who had the Pats winning) that the Jets are the better team and the Pats have Brady and Belichick. It is BS. The Jets have the names and the Pats have the unheralded rookies and other players.

Sorry, but I would take BJGE and Woodhead over Tomlinson and Greene right now. I would definitely take the Pats' o-line over the Jets' o-line. The Pats arguably have the better ILBs (did anyone notice Harris or Scott other than Harris was injured and Scott was biatching to the refs and both have been invisible for over a month). The Pats' safeties are better even before Leonard went down.

The Jets haven't beaten a playoff caliber team or a team with a winning record right now since week #2 vs. the Pats. The Pats are a far better team right now than they were in week #2.

And tight ends and receivers, Wes Welker vs. stone hands c'mon!
But the Jets do celebrate more after first downs, doesn't that indicate how good a player is?

And tight ends and receivers, Wes Welker vs. stone hands c'mon!
But the Jets do celebrate more after first downs, doesn't that indicate how good a player is?

I forgot to talk about the overrated Braylon Edwards. People talk about the guy as if he is an elite WR. He is the first elite WR I have ever heard of who cannot catch a catch right to him while he is wide open.

You do realize that most of the media is from New York, right? That won't ever end. Even right now, as we speak, the conversation is about how "we haven't seen the last of the Jets". Yeah, ESPN? I certainly hope not. Because I would love to see the Pats house the Jets again to the tune of 45-3.

And the rest of the media follow their lead.

I kind of like it when the media doesnt give the Pats respect, you know that gives Brady and BB that little extra motivation and you saw tonight what happens.

Atlanta is the new media darling ... it's all good ... less distraction.

I really thought the Jets time had arrived and picked them to win this game :bricks:

More than glad I was wrong,they just are not ready for primetime

I really thought the Jets time had arrived and picked them to win this game :bricks:

More than glad I was wrong,they just are not ready for primetime

I hope you pick against the Patriots between now and February 6.

They went into the playoffs as a wild card last year and were labeled the better team. My guess is they will fall off the radar for a week and be right back given Rex's response that both teams spanked the visitor at home and are now even. Not so much an end as a brief recess from that discussion.

On the plus side, I never thought I'd see Rex so shell-shocked at a media opportunity as he was at his post-game press conference today.

With the exception of Peyton, mighty Peyton, the impact of elite quarterbacks is routinely underestimated.

If anyone has watched the Jets play the last month or so, theyd realize how much of a fluke their record is...theyve pulled some crap out their behinds and should not be sitting with their current record. Fakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes