PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can we beat the Packers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thechris

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Well, can we? I'm still bitter about Super Bowl 31.

thechris said:

I am sick and grumpier than normal, but did you have to post this?

I didn't HAVE to. But as a sweet, clean Patriot fan, I was just curious as to what all the other Patriot fans on this board think about the upcoming game.

thechris said:
I didn't HAVE to. But as a sweet, clean Patriot fan, I was just curious as to what all the other Patriot fans on this board think about the upcoming game.

pooooooooooooooooop:p

Can we? Absolutely.
Will we? Who knows these days.

Green Bay, while no powerhouse of the league, is not the lame duck team they were last year. Like the Jets their season is showing promise at times, but unlike the Jets they have a statistically better Defense and Offense.

We have looked less than consistent coming out of our bye and they have gone 3-1.

They haven't beaten a team with a winning record.....but neither have we.

Packers have been bringing alot of blitz packages lately and having success with them, and AJ Hawk showed why he was a high pick last week against the Vikes. And even though they have a turnover ratio of -4, they are +1 in the last 4 games.

Anybody who thinks this is a cakewalk through Lambeau isn't paying attention. But I believe we sweep the NFC north this year.

I think this will be a close game, but I would like to see the Patriots pour it on against the Packers. I'm stilled ticked off for them laying down against the Jets in the last game of 2002. That knocked us out of the playoffs.

No. It is impossible for the Pats to win this game. OF COURSE they can win the game. And they will, i expect the pats to kick the poop out of the packers. In fact i will give it a Chad Johnson gurantee.

Don't forget what a crap-tastic league the NFC is...

PatsMan26 said:
i expect the pats to kick the poop out of the packers. In fact i will give it a Chad Johnson gurantee.

Now that's a good safety valve type of guarantee. :D

thechris said:

Yeah, I was pretty bitter about that game, too. I have to admit that they were a bloody good side though (the Packers). That Reggie White fella would be a pretty decent backup to Ty Warren. :D

I think we'll win. We really shouldn't underestimate the pride that the Pats players have.

"Can" the Patriots beat the Packers? They should beat the Packers and if they don't, the idea that the Patriots will get better and storm into the playoffs and on to a SB win fade farther away. They have to start getting better now and have to start with this Packers game. They need to be more physical, make fewer mistakes, have a good gameplan on both sides of the ball and make needed, in-game adjustments. Just look more liker the Patriots of 2003 and 2004 instead of what they've looked like too often this year.

BradyisGod said:
Don't forget what a crap-tastic league the NFC is...
Just a friendly reminder that the Packers are a team -- not a conference. Let's just win 'em one at a time please.

PatsSteve1 said:
"Can" the Patriots beat the Packers? They should beat the Packers and if they don't, the idea that the Patriots will get better and storm into the playoffs and on to a SB win fade farther away. They have to start getting better now and have to start with this Packers game. They need to be more physical, make fewer mistakes, have a good gameplan on both sides of the ball and make needed, in-game adjustments. Just look more liker the Patriots of 2003 and 2004 instead of what they've looked like too often this year.

EXACTLY. I hear echoes of Bill B. from All Those Patriots' DVDs. "OK Fellas. This is November. Thanksgiving is coming. This is when we need to be improving and playing our best football."

If ever there was a time to Just Do It, this would be a good time.

Digger44 said:
I am sick and grumpier than normal, but did you have to post this?
comon everyone, please accomodate digger, he is having a bad day and as everyone knows, the world does indeed revolve around him.

thewaylifeshouldbe said:
Can we? Absolutely.
Will we? Who knows these days.

They haven't beaten a team with a winning record.....but neither have we.

Minnessota was 4-2 when we beat them.

Bengals were 3-0. Jets were 1-0.

Seneschal2 said:
Just a friendly reminder that the Packers are a team -- not a conference. Let's just win 'em one at a time please.

No kidding, really? The point is that many people feel that the Packers are on the rise, getting to 4-5. However, the NFC is severley flawed, so going "up" may not be as impressive as it would be in the AFC.

Not sure how your statement fits in.

BradyisGod said:
No kidding, really? The point is that many people feel that the Packers are on the rise, getting to 4-5. However, the NFC is severley flawed, so going "up" may not be as impressive as it would be in the AFC.

Not sure how your statement fits in.
I just don't feed into the other teams records, conference or common opponents way of thinking. The game is about individual matchups and devising a gameplan which exploits the opponents weaknesses.

Ultimately, it comes down to the players executing that sound gameplan and not shooting themselves in the foot with the same sound gameplan.

No matter who the opponent is, we can lose every game on our schedule if we play sloppy football...and am confident we'll win if we play smart.

Simply stated, I'm more concerned about the Patriots developing some chemistry on D and Brady's comfort with the receiving corps, than I am with opponents records, etc. JMO.

Okay, I just finished watching my 1996 Patriots Season in Review on VHS and now I'm pissed. We must beat Favre! I wonder if Max Lane will be in attendance...

I'm not terribly confident about the Pats chances against anybody right now. They have played really crappy football the last two weeks, making the kind of mistakes mediocre football teams make when they beat themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back