PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can we be the Bad Guys Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
we have to keep our composure and do what won us 3 superbowls in the past. The pats didn't run their mouths before those games did they? Yes, we lost tonight, and it hurts pretty bad. We take pride in being a classy organization and we do not want to stoop to the jets level.

Oh c'mon, are you serious with this sh!t?!

Whats classy about pointing at the opposing team's bench after running up the score?...or mocking the 'flying Jet' celebration?...or Welker's interview?...or Brady's comments about Hard Knocks?...or recording your opponent's practices sessions (something Mcdaniels learned from his days in NE apparently)?..or the Dancing in SD in midfield?

Get off your horse. The rest of the league, the media and the others on the Pats bandwagon may be fooled by the good guy act but you know the Pats talk the talk as much as anyone else.

Whats classy about pointing at the opposing team's bench after running up the score?...or mocking the 'flying Jet' celebration?...or Welker's interview?...or Brady's comments about Hard Knocks?...or recording your opponent's practices sessions (something Mcdaniels learned from his days in NE apparently)?..or the Dancing in SD in midfield?

Get off your horse. The rest of the league, the media and the others on the Pats bandwagon may be fooled by the good guy act but you know the Pats talk the talk as much as anyone else.

There's nothing classy about any of what you mentioned. Compare the patriots team to the rest of the NFL. Do you think any other head coach would have benched a star player for breaking the rules before a playoff game? Don't tell me to get off my high horse, I never said the pats were perfect. And honestly dude, you sound like a jets fan, go to jetsinsider if you want to troll.

Look everyone, another Jest goon who has no clue what spygate was. Comparing saying Brady hates the Jests to Cro saying "**** him" "He's an *******." I could go on but you're not worth it.

Haha this clown is totally a jets fan....notice everything he mentioned as "unsportsmanlike" were incidents affecting the jets. Grow up kid, you only make your fanbase look worse than already does by trolling like this. And if the patriots are not a classy organization, I am at a loss for words as to what to call the jets organization.

Yeah, I did a great job of concealing my Jets-dom. :rolleyes:

Of course I'm a Jets fan genius. I'm not interested in trolling just look at my join date. I've been reading/lurking these boards for years and for the most part enjoy it. I finally get around to posting a decenting opinion and I'm a troll? HA!

Look, I never said I agree with what the Jets' players said or any of the smack talk but to completly ignore the Patriots' behavior as an organization is just being a homer.

How about building up our offensive and defensive lines and otherwise get quality players? There is no need to change the culture around here. Just stay in the game and hope everything breaks your way in 2012.

What you failed to mention was that all of those acts were in response to what somebody had done or said previously. There's a big difference between being the instigator and being the one who responds.

You seriously think that nobody in the NFL does or says something (such as pointing, for example) after a score or a big play? It's the opposite; it's extremely rare when an NFL player doesn't do something like that.

How is it that things like the flying jet celebration or the lights out celebration are totally sportsmanlike - but responses to them are unsportsmanlike? Those celebrations are F-U's to the opposing team; why is it okay for teams to do something like that but not okay for opponents to respond? That's just plain hypocritical.

As for running up the score in the second meeting, that was a response for what the Jets had been saying all week and all year. Again, if you have a problem with one you have to have a problem with both - and if anything you should have a bigger problem with the instigator.

Personally I'm not a fan of smack talk and showboating either. But come on, to compare what those responses to what the Jets have been doing and saying for two years is a bit of a reach.

But hey, congrats to the Jets; they backed up all that talk and walked the walk. Outperformed the Pats; didn't make mistakes; and capitalized on the mistakes the Pats did make.

Oh yeah, like benching welker for one or two plays is the reason we lost this game. Get real man, we got outplayed in every aspect of the game. Benching welker had nothing to do with the loss. NOBODY breaks the rules in New England and goes unpunished. This is how they have done things for a while now, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Are u saying if Brady made those comments, hoyer starts the game? Maybe brady should have been benched for saying he hates the jets. Common you cannot be this naive.

What you failed to mention was that all of those acts were in response to what somebody had done or said previously. There's a big difference between being the instigator and being the one who responds.

You seriously think that nobody in the NFL does or says something (such as pointing, for example) after a score or a big play? It's the opposite; it's extremely rare when an NFL player doesn't do something like that.

How is it that things like the flying jet celebration or the lights out celebration are totally sportsmanlike - but responses to them are unsportsmanlike? Those celebrations are F-U's to the opposing team; why is it okay for teams to do something like that but not okay for opponents to respond? That's just plain hypocritical.

As for running up the score in the second meeting, that was a response for what the Jets had been saying all week and all year. Again, if you have a problem with one you have to have a problem with both - and if anything you should have a bigger problem with the instigator.

Personally I'm not a fan of smack talk and showboating either. But come on, to compare what those responses to what the Jets have been doing and saying for two years is a bit of a reach.

But hey, congrats to the Jets; they backed up all that talk and walked the walk. Outperformed the Pats; didn't make mistakes; and capitalized on the mistakes the Pats did make.

Translation, "But..but..they did it first! Everyone does it! Why do I have to get in trouble?"

My point was not that everyone is not doing it or that its only wrong if the pats run their mouths. My point was that you can't call out the Jets for running off at the mouth while trying to call the pats a 'classy organization' when you have team captains being just as classless as the jets.

Take a look at JI or TGG sometime. There is thread after thread from members that do not approve of the talk. I think its pretty stupid all the way around. Everyone should shut up and play football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes