PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can Ty Law just go away??

Status
Not open for further replies.
No not today. :)

Today, we could only pay 2 of the 3. A Brady extension likely could be crafted so as to not cost additional 2009 cap money. And I think we believe that Wilfork could be extended if the team were willing.

Not today we can't...;)

No not today. :)

Today, we could only pay 2 of the 3. A Brady extension likely could be crafted so as to not cost additional 2009 cap money. And I think we believe that Wilfork could be extended if the team were willing.

Well, maybe he could if as DI says we were willing to do some things to make some otherwise unecessary room...

What you don't get also is any Brady (or Wilfork or Seymour, etc) deal crafted this year under an expiring CBA will have issues to be dealt with that won't exist in 2010 when he will have less remaining amortization and there may be no cap or there will be a new CBA with more expansive amortization and no salary and guarantee limiting rules.

I'm certainly glad that someone understands what the new CBA will look like, and that there is someone who understands the new terms with regard to player compensation. You might drop AD an email.

Well, maybe he could if as DI says we were willing to do some things to make some otherwise unecessary room...

What you don't get also is any Brady (or Wilfork or Seymour, etc) deal crafted this year under an expiring CBA will have issues to be dealt with that won't exist in 2010 when he will have less remaining amortization and there may be no cap or there will be a new CBA with more expansive amortization and no salary and guarantee limiting rules.

Last edited:
I'm certainly glad that someone understands what the new CBA will look like, and that there is someone who understands the new terms with regard to player compensation. You might drop AD an email.

Actually I think Bill and Bob have a pretty good idea how it will work out if it works out at all, and as well as a pretty good grip on how to proceed in case it doesn't. Which is why I'm not hell bent on telling them what they have to do or not do right this minute...

That's the understanding or the grip I have on it. And based on their overall track record versus anyone's in the media or on this message board, I think more of us should have bottom line faith in their grip... Doesn't mean you don't discuss it or toss ideas around, but obcessing about it well in advance and making proclamations and drawing imaginary lines in the sand is just a little too OCD for me.

I like taking it one season at a time. And hopefully one day soon we can return to enjoying them that way, too.

Is Game One this Sunday, or are you really enjoying sifting through the news from the OTA's?

Personally, I believe the the perception of the the ability to absorb compensation in 2010 affects 2009 roster, extension, trade and signing decisions.

Actually I think Bill and Bob have a pretty good idea how it will work out if it works out at all, and as well as a pretty good grip on how to proceed in case it doesn't. Which is why I'm not hell bent on telling them what they have to do or not do right this minute...

That's the understanding or the grip I have on it. And based on their overall track record versus anyone's in the media or on this message board, I think more of us should have bottom line faith in their grip... Doesn't mean you don't discuss it or toss ideas around, but obcessing about it well in advance and making proclamations and drawing imaginary lines in the sand is just a little too OCD for me.

I like taking it one season at a time. And hopefully one day soon we can return to enjoying them that way, too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back