PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can Ty Law just go away??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno about that, there's alot of silly anti-Ty folks here.

And anyhoo, If you're looking for a reason why, I think it's LOYALTY. Ty was the MF-ing man for the Pats. Brett never was for the Jets or Vikings.

I just find hypocrisy amusing. It's God's gift to the cynical.

I just find hypocrisy amusing. It's God's gift to the cynical.

From one cynic to the cybiuc-master: Well that's a part of it, but just a part.

I feel like we owe alot to Ty.

All i care about is that he never plays for the Pats again. He may have had some success (may have) after he left, but all you need to know about him now, can be learned by watching the film of that last Jets game. The man had to hold everyone. He has NO speed left, and can't getaway with mugging people anymore. (except Moss on the last play.lol.)

Bye Ty. The Browns are calling, go feed your kids :rolleyes:

Ty Law the NFL player went on an NFL show and talked about the NFL? What a disgrace.

Ty Law the NFL player went on an NFL show and talked about the NFL? What a disgrace.

I know. Why would anyone in the league be interested in hearing from a guy who is going into his 15th season, has 3 SB rings and a bunch of probowls? Ludicrous I tell you.

The one-way love affair.

I don't know if we owe a lot to Ty since he was very well compensated for his time here, but I don't blame any player for trying to get the most money they can. The guys willing to take a hometown discount or take less to play for a winner are becoming rarer and rarer. The Tedy Bruschis of the world who will take far less than he could on the open market to play for the team that he loves and has built his family around are a dying breed.

What did Ty say? Basically that the Patriots had to be the team the beat in the NFL right now. Very complimentary of Brady, saying how he was always in the middle of the jumping around/getting pumped before the game which is often rare for a QB. Also mentioned Brady has been working with someone Ty knows as well, not sure if it's a strength coach or what but Law made him sound like the best in the business.

Well, if that's what he said, it's no wonder people here are all over him. The nerve!

Basically that the Patriots had to be the team the beat in the NFL right now. Very complimentary of Brady, saying how he was always in the middle of the jumping around/getting pumped before the game which is often rare for a QB. Also mentioned Brady has been working with someone Ty knows as well, not sure if it's a strength coach or what but Law made him sound like the best in the business.

You can watch it here...

Thanks for the info.

Law betrayed my trust last season :mad:

I don't want him back anymore.

Besides, we have physical corners in Springs and Bodden. Not sure what Law can offer that Springs can't at this point.

Just like Memorial Day opens the swimming pools, so ties the month of June to the usual Ty Law chatter here at Pat Fans.

'Tis the Season.

Ty was great in his time as a Pat. But he'll not play here again. If I remember correctly, he ended up with the Jets for about the same as he was offered, which was 24 mil for 4 years. Fed his family but at a price. IMO, if he had a do-over, he'd never have left.

The Jets will pay him whatever he wants.

Let him go there (again) and play .500 football for the rest of his career

Ty was great in his time as a Pat. But he'll not play here again. If I remember correctly, he ended up with the Jets for about the same as he was offered, which was 24 mil for 4 years. Fed his family but at a price. IMO, if he had a do-over, he'd never have left.

I'm not sure about that. Didn't the Pats offer more to him last year then the Jets? He was practically paying the Jets to play for them last year. There's something about the whole relationship that doesn't add up. It may start at BB.

I'm not sure about that. Didn't the Pats offer more to him last year then the Jets? He was practically paying the Jets to play for them last year. There's something about the whole relationship that doesn't add up. It may start at BB.

He and Bill mended fences. That said, while he left primarily over his feeling he was being disrespected financially he also left determined to prove a point - that it wasn't primarily the system in NE that led to success. It was the playuhs!!! Fell flat on his face in that respect as so many have.... That was something he and Lawyer both contended. And one of the reasons Lawyer had to leave after 2002, besides his own performance dropping off dramatically after just one ring, was he was vocal about it in the locker room and Bill couldn't tolerate that in a captain let alone one who wasn't producing on the field. Ty got to hang around longer because he was producing and he wasn't very vocal or a locker room leader.

That said, he made about what we offered him in 2004 over the next 4 years bouncing between NY and KC... But it often sounded like more initially... And unfortunately that also mattered to Ty. He's the classic cut your nose off to spite your face player. What really sucked about it was we could have used him and he could have used the rings...But the legacy card wasn't playable with Ty because if you asked him I think Ty thought he was a HOF lock when drafted....

Milloy had to leave because he was offered a take it ot leave it major salary decrease one week before the season started. Business is business.

We have a tradition on this board of poor-mouthing anyone who leaves.

Ty got to hang around??????????

Business is business and the team decided to lower costs by getting rid of Law and Milloy. However, to make believe that they weren't great players and great patriots is pretty silly.

Ty Law wanted to be treated better by Belichick. He wanted to be a prima donna. Belichick showed him who was boss. Belichick could have accomodated Law. Belichick decided not to. Belichick has accomodated others, just not loud-mouthed Ty Law, the 2nd best defensive back in the history of the patriots. They parted company and we haven't won a Super Bowl since he left. We are still building our secondary.

There are some here think that we were better off without Ty Law in these last four seasons. I'm not one of those folks.

He and Bill mended fences. That said, while he left primarily over his feeling he was being disrespected financially he also left determined to prove a point - that it wasn't primarily the system in NE that led to success. It was the playuhs!!! Fell flat on his face in that respect as so many have.... That was something he and Lawyer both contended. And one of the reasons Lawyer had to leave after 2002, besides his own performance dropping off dramatically after just one ring, was he was vocal about it in the locker room and Bill couldn't tolerate that in a captain let alone one who wasn't producing on the field. Ty got to hang around longer because he was producing and he wasn't very vocal or a locker room leader.

That said, he made about what we offered him in 2004 over the next 4 years bouncing between NY and KC... But it often sounded like more initially... And unfortunately that also mattered to Ty. He's the classic cut your nose off to spite your face player. What really sucked about it was we could have used him and he could have used the rings...But the legacy card wasn't playable with Ty because if you asked him I think Ty thought he was a HOF lock when drafted....

Milloy had to leave because he was offered a take it ot leave it major salary decrease one week before the season started. Business is business.

We have a tradition on this board of poor-mouthing anyone who leaves.

Ty got to hang around??????????

Business is business and the team decided to lower costs by getting rid of Law and Milloy. However, to make believe that they weren't great players and great patriots is pretty silly.

Ty Law wanted to be treated better by Belichick. He wanted to be a prima donna. Belichick showed him who was boss. Belichick could have accomodated Law. Belichick decided not to. Belichick has accomodated others, just not loud-mouthed Ty Law, the 2nd best defensive back in the history of the patriots. They parted company and we haven't won a Super Bowl since he left. We are still building our secondary.

There are some here think that we were better off without Ty Law in these last four seasons. I'm not one of those folks.

Read Patriots Reign. I never said they weren't great players. I fact since I could not stand the QB they were my boys and turned me into a lover of defense in the Parcell's years. At the end of the 2002 season when they did their player evaluations the coaches glossed over Milloy assuming he was unquestionable. Bill then challenged them to find A SINGLE impact play he had made all season. Much to their chagrin, they could not. That is why he was asked to take a pay cut. I'm sure Bill also hoped to light a fire under him. But that was not the case and he refused to take the cut all along and was cut at the last minute for that reason. Broke Bill's heart because like many of us he loved Milloy and what he potentially represented. Only he found out he wasn't as all in as he'd led everyone to believe. Lawyer even admitted as much after his first season in Buffalo. Said he was immature at the time and learned from the experience. Only by then it was too little too late. Which is why his career went downhill from the day he walked out that door.

Law never represented a threat in the clubhouse because he didn't care about the abstract, he just cared about Ty Law. He was never a mentor or emotional leader, just ask Herm... As long as he got paid he was fine. Tinker with his phony contract and he was berserk. That is also why Bill could forgive his outbursts. He knew it was strictly financially bruised personal ego doing the talking. And as I said Ty had continued to play at a high level. Even after he was injured Bill wanted him back, at a reasonable price, because he knew Ty would get after it because of that pride and within this system that would make a difference. I never wanted him to leave and would have welcomed him back at almost any point, as obviously would Bill have since he kept trying to sign him, until his off season act, like the player, finally just got old. But in 2005 they could not keep him at a cap hit of $12M and that was simply a fact.

And is it now a fact that we can't afford to pay Seymour and Wilfork $20M a year between them, and still pay Brady more?

Read Patriots Reign. I never said they weren't great players. I fact since I could not stand the QB they were my boys and turned me into a lover of defense in the Parcell's years. At the end of the 2002 season when they did their player evaluations the coaches glossed over Milloy assuming he was unquestionable. Bill then challenged them to find A SINGLE impact play he had made all season. Much to their chagrin, they could not. That is why he was asked to take a pay cut. I'm sure Bill also hoped to light a fire under him. But that was not the case and he refused to take the cut all along and was cut at the last minute for that reason. Broke Bill's heart because like many of us he loved Milloy and what he potentially represented. Only he found out he wasn't as all in as he'd led everyone to believe. Lawyer even admitted as much after his first season in Buffalo. Said he was immature at the time and learned from the experience. Only by then it was too little too late. Which is why his career went downhill from the day he walked out that door.

Law never represented a threat in the clubhouse because he didn't care about the abstract, he just cared about Ty Law. He was never a mentor or emotional leader, just ask Herm... As long as he got paid he was fine. Tinker with his phony contract and he was berserk. That is also why Bill could forgive his outbursts. He knew it was strictly financially bruised personal ego doing the talking. And as I said Ty had continued to play at a high level. Even after he was injured Bill wanted him back, at a reasonable price, because he knew Ty would get after it because of that pride and within this system that would make a difference. I never wanted him to leave and would have welcomed him back at almost any point, as obviously would Bill have since he kept trying to sign him, until his off season act, like the player, finally just got old. But in 2005 they could not keep him at a cap hit of $12M and that was simply a fact.

And is it now a fact that we can't afford to pay Seymour and Wilfork $20M a year between them, and still pay Brady more?

Not today we can't...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back