PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can the Pats go TWO SEASONS undefeated in a row?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is well within the realm of possibility. I wouldn't be surprised in the least bit if we were to go 19-0 again next season.

It seems to me that next year Brady should be a lot tighter with Moss / Welker / Gaffney. I don't see any reason why the Pats shouldn't be BETTER on offense next year.

On defense, sure we'll lose a couple of players (Asante?). I think Seau will be back for one last year. I also think that our success will draw some veteran pro bowlers on the cheap, who just want to win a SB.

As such, I think we'll end up with an equal or stronger defense next year.

IMO, the Pats will be a BETTER team next year. Thus, if they have been so dominant this year, there's no reason to believe it won't be equal or even better next year.

rogers-767958.png

Won't Mercury Morris be my neighbor

Merry Christmas, cardigan sweater vests for all.

There's no way we'll go undefeated again, if we can do it this year. We're probably losing Colvin, Stallworth and Samuel. I think that the loss of Colvin will be tougher than is thought now. Stallworth hasn't shown alot, but I think that if Moss wasn't here, he would have been huge. Moss is no lock to be here either.

The Pats had close calls against a few lesser teams, and were lucky to pull them out.

They are contenders still next year, but this year is special and won't be duplicated.

First of all, this "again" stuff is nice, but the Pats haven't gone 19-0 yet THIS year, to be technical.

Second -- yes, the team could be approximately as good next season as it is this year. It can't be as good THREE seasons from now, for cap reasons, but NEXT year is still doable. That was a good point above about Brady still having the potential to get better with the receiver corps, and of course Maroney can still get better as well.

Third, it's been a pretty lucky year. A few games could truly have gone either way. What's more, the injuries have been relatively mild in magnitude and pretty well spaced across the season and roster. How many player-games have there been of eye-roll JAGs starting or playing near-starting roles like nickel CB (e.g. Rivers, Spach, Baker, Eddie Jackson)? I think it's been a lot fewer than in prior seasons, when both the secondary and the WR corps were routinely decimated.

Fourth, it's likely that the Colts are going to do something to reload, even if it means deviating from their traditional lack of reliance on FAs. That's just two games (one regular season, one postseason), but it's still a consideration.

So don't be shocked if the Pats are the clear class of the league again next year. But even so, don't look for two straight years of 19-0.

Last edited:
I doubt the Pats will have a prefect season next year. They have a lot of west coast trips to make (granted against some pretty weak competition) next year plus I'm sure they'll be getting a bunch of prime-time games like they did this year (because love 'em or hate 'em, the Pats bring in the dollars).

I'm hoping for 13-3 thereabouts.

There's no way we'll go undefeated again, if we can do it this year. We're probably losing Colvin, Stallworth and Samuel. I think that the loss of Colvin will be tougher than is thought now. Stallworth hasn't shown alot, but I think that if Moss wasn't here, he would have been huge. Moss is no lock to be here either.

The Pats had close calls against a few lesser teams, and were lucky to pull them out.

They are contenders still next year, but this year is special and won't be duplicated.

I don't think Pats will go undefeated. But, Ravens games was the only game we were lucky to win. Philly game was close. But, had they scored. There was plenty of time on the clock for Pats to score.

Stallworth isn't a big loss. Given depth at wr position. Would probably allow pats to sign Gaffney. Don't forget we got nothing from Dave Thomas - TE and Chad Jackson - WR. I'm not writing them off yet. Offense won't break records. But, will be very good.

If we cut Colvin. Which I don't think will happen. That frees up enough money to keep Samuel. I think Samuel walks. Colvin stays. We already have Colvin's eventual replacement for 09 in A.Thomas. We won't be able to replace Asante's production immediately. But, we can draft the top cb in this draft. Other than Asante. Defense could actually improve. Can we replace the production of Bruschi/Seau? We can afford a reasonably priced free-agent at that position. Just a hunch. Victor Hobson from Jets. He's a free agent. They have J.Vilma and D.Harris. Not going to get much playing time there. And, can draft an ilb with 2nd rounder. Meriweather will be better. We will get more production from Seymour. 2nd year back from a knee injury. Colvin will be healthy. If we pick the right cb in the draft. Defense isn't going to be awful.

Please let this jinx thread die.

This cannot be a football fan, it just can't.

Lets enjoy the Holidays first and worry about this next year please!

Lets enjoy the Holidays first and worry about this next year please!

We still have one more game this year too.:bricks:

Let's wrap up 2007, then it's the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes