PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can the pats beat the colts in indy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcbee

Banned
Reaction score
Without a deep passing threat our passing game is shut down by their cover two. For some reason we can't/couldn't run on them. Their defense is too fast and maybe it's more susceptible to zone blocking?

On defense, I don't know, Manning is pretty tough. Of course if we had the right blitzing, put pressure on him, I think he folds. Rush with 3 or 4 and give him all day and it could be a long day.

But of course, the Chargers are next. I'm looking forward to it.

No matter what happens, I will still root for them. I will feel bad if they lose. But oh well.

Yes,we can.Why not?

Last edited:
firstly lets get past the chargers..if that happens
indy in indy will be very tough IMO...i know we will all say manning in playoffs,pats had 5 turnovers etc etc..
but that team is so familar with us and our style of play that there are no surprises anymore from our defense for manning i think so it will be difficult to just disguise coverages and beat them..also the fact that indy is unbeaten at home and has the most momentum now considering no one gave them a chance to stop larry johnson or beat the physical ravens D they will be extremely confident..
i personally would be very nervous playing indy in indy ..just my 2 cents

Brady is unbeaten in domes and on artificial surfaces.

Brady only has 1 playoff loss (and would still have that record should they make it to Indy next week).

Brady is 2-0 in the dome vs the Colts.

Yes, they can win in Indy.

What he said.

Brady only has 1 playoff loss (and would still have that record should they make it to Indy next week).

If we manage to beat the Chargers, we should be able to roll over the Colts.

+1. Let's get past the Chargers first.

IMO, the Patriots pass games more against m2m than zone. Zone they have guys that can find the seams. When they Played Indy earlier this year the Patriots pass game just wasn't quite as good as now although it can syill struggle at time. The Patriots can beat Indy at home they just have to play well.

My two most recent Pats-Colts memories involve the Patriots incapable of stopping the Indy offense. screw making them punt, forcing them to accept 3 was an accomplishment.

then again those last 2 games weren't in the playoffs. getting peyton in the playoffs changes things a bit. though i believe those 2 games were in NE. bah, who knows.

I do think the Colts will be caught off guard next week when SD or NE actually plays a competant offensive game. Maybe after playing KC and Balt they'll have forgotten that defense doesn't always come that easily.

Can the pats beat the colts in indy?
Are these threads for real. Pathetic.

Mcbee......hmmmmm........name sounds familiar.....oh yeah!
Oh well, guess you're just spoiled if you want anything more than that."
_________

"Deion Branch is more his speed. That's where his real feelings lie.
Maybe she dumped him b/c he's yesterday's wonder boy. This year isn't working so well. The shutout was what put her over the edge. That and she didn't like him sleeping with Deion Branch's photo under his pillow.
Maybe she'll ask for Rivers' phone number?"
_________

"OK, you're right. The pats should keep 6-10M under the cap, not sign any FAs. Their 30+ year old RB, and washout WR corps are really doing well. The OL is looking steller.
The important thing isn't to win a SB. It's to keep the salary well under the cap. Bravo."

"So much sturm and drang. So much sound and FURY.
Bottom line, are the Pats going to the SB? No. The best they can hope for is to not be embarrassed in the playoffs and to not lose anyone long term to injury.
Who cares who they sign, re-sign, whatever."

"Not a ravens fan. I'll probably root for the Chargers in the playoffs though. I like everyone there except LT."

(And then the GRANDADDY of them all!)

"It ended with a whimper and a thud. Eeking out a 'tough' win agains the Lions and getting blown out by the phins.
It's over.
New wonder boy will be Philip Rivers / Drew Brees. Brady will feel like a red-headed stepchild and sulk with his hot girlfriend (who will probably dump him like yesterday's newspaper now that he's no longer a 'celeb'). Brady probably retires after this year or next.
BB won't be able to take the stress of mediocrity and will probably retire after next year.
Yes, you'll call me a troll, but I think I'm right.
I hereby relinquish all rights as to calling myself a Pats fan. For this year at least."

You're that guy? The guy who made all those statements within the past 5 weeks? And you're talking about how the Pats would play Indy next week?

This is really, really, bad reasoning. Before last year, Brady had never lost a playoff game. Brady would also be 1-1 in the dome had the Pats not stopped James on the goal line, that's how close it was.

Is this serious? Can the Patriots beat the Colts at the RCA Dome? The Patriots play better on the road and on turf. We are talking Brady vs Manning for a championship. Are you kidding me???

I would be so psyched to see it. So would CBS.

Without a deep passing threat our passing game is shut down by their cover two. For some reason we can't/couldn't run on them. Their defense is too fast and maybe it's more susceptible to zone blocking?

On defense, I don't know, Manning is pretty tough. Of course if we had the right blitzing, put pressure on him, I think he folds. Rush with 3 or 4 and give him all day and it could be a long day.

But of course, the Chargers are next. I'm looking forward to it.

No matter what happens, I will still root for them. I will feel bad if they lose. But oh well.

Of course we can't win, but it's a moot point since we can't beat San Diego either. Let's just give up and go home. Why even bother?

Last edited:
The top 4 defenses in the NFL are
1. Baltimore
2. New England
3. Chicago
4. Indianapolis!!!

Also, how strange that IF we win the Super Bowl, our final 3 games will have gotten steadily easier!

perhaps i dream too much but an eventual game Pats @ Colts could be won by us: 10 points margin

i feel that we will be very well prepared for that game and Peyton does not look recently in his best shape

but: now the Bolts

it will be tough in 10 hours win there

Go Pats !!!

Avanti Patrioti !

This is bravo sierra. We're going against a team with significantly more talent and numbnuts in his mother's basement wearing his underware is worried about next week? Most unbiased thinking men think they'll be no next week for the Pats.

Let's not give fodder to the Dolt Head, OK?

The Colts Defense is starting to play well at the right time, so they might have that mojo .. I just think the Ravens were vastly overated, thought Im not sure I would want the Pats to have play them.. First lets take care of SD, then I will talk Colts..

Well as to Schmessy, it appears Brady is over Branch. I think he has a new crush on Gaffney. Hey, whatever works.

As to my "fan" status, I'm a pats fan from way back. I just can't quit them. So it's kind of like being disgusted with your kid. You can want to kick him in the ass but at the end of the day, he's still your kid and you can't quit on him.

preach the word, shmessy

Mcbee......hmmmmm........name sounds familiar.....oh yeah!
________
"You're right but you're spitting into the wind here.
The pats will get crushed against jacksonville and be lucky to win against Tenn.
Then they'll lose in the playoffs' first round. Badly.
Oh well, guess you're just spoiled if you want anything more than that."
________
"OK, you're right. The pats should keep 6-10M under the cap, not sign any FAs. Their 30+ year old RB, and washout WR corps are really doing well. The OL is looking steller.
The important thing isn't to win a SB. It's to keep the salary well under the cap. Bravo."
(And then the GRANDADDY of them all!)
"It ended with a whimper and a thud. Eeking out a 'tough' win agains the Lions and getting blown out by the phins.
It's over.
New wonder boy will be Philip Rivers / Drew Brees. Brady will feel like a red-headed stepchild and sulk with his hot girlfriend (who will probably dump him like yesterday's newspaper now that he's no longer a 'celeb'). Brady probably retires after this year or next.
BB won't be able to take the stress of mediocrity and will probably retire after next year.
you're that guy? The guy who made all those statements within the past 5 weeks? And you're talking about how the Pats would play Indy next week?

shmessy to the rescue.
peyton is in big trouble if the dolts face pats next week. colts run defense is in huge trouble if they play chargers next week.
the point is, somebody STILL has to beat the patriots.
"superior team" mean zip.
patriots, if ANYTHING, are known for beating better teams. on the road. on the field. the opponent has to deal with our Players & our Schemes on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes