PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can The Pats Afford To Match Jets Offer To Branch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zippo59

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
First of all, I don't know if they would even want to, because they might not think he is worth it or after all the crap he has pulled they just don't want him on their team. If this were true I think they probably would have traded him so they can put the thing to rest and get something in return.

I'm not a captologist, but for anyone who is, can the Pats afford to match the offer made to Branch by the Jets? According to PFT it is 36 million for six years. The guaranteed money and years of the deal is unknown so it's a little hard to tell, but what do people think? Could the Pat's afford it?

The Jets didn't make an offer.

Until they part with a 1st plus, it's all posing.

As far as their offer goes it isn't much more than we offered.

Maybe Deion will realize he's being hosed by his agent and hire someone to negotiate a contract with the Pats.

It depends on how the 'offer' is structured. We don't know how it is structured.

RayClay said:
The Jets didn't make an offer.

Until they part with a 1st plus, it's all posing.

I mean hypothetically. Deion Branch accepted the theoretical offer made by the Jets so logic would say that if the Pats made the same offer Branch would accept. I'm not saying the deal is legitimate, but if it was could the Pats match it?

RayClay said:
As far as their offer goes it isn't much more than we offered.

Maybe Deion will realize he's being hosed by his agent and hire someone to negotiate a contract with the Pats.

I think the biggest key for Branch to accept is that his salary increase begins this year instead of next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes