PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can the national media tone it down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TB=TD

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Brady has not accomplished anything yet. Neither has this team. Why can't they be more like Belichick and realize when a season begins and ends?

Brady has not accomplished anything yet. Neither has this team. Why can't they be more like Belichick and realize when a season begins and ends?
I think the more hyperbole they use, the more "epic" it makes it when a team "collapses". Or on the flip side, when a team has a few bad games and then has a couple good games they can play it off as a drastic turn around.

In other words, I think they exaggerate things because it just makes the headlines pop more and gets them more hits, now and in the future. Obviously there are other reasons for it, but that is a part of it in my opinion.

Last edited:
No, not possible, beyond the capacity of the media. All teams are either the greatest team ever or destine to miss the playoffs -- there is no middle ground.

The Jets and Bills are 2-0, go and let them have the attention!

I am happy for the Pats to fall under the radar!

Simple: because the media performs an entirely different role than the team does.

It is up to the coaching staff to keep the players grounded, motivated and focused; not too high after a win and not too low after a loss.

It is up to the media to 'sell newspapers'; taking the above approach would not make much business sense for them. Every win is the greatest ever and any loss is the end of the world because that is going to draw more readers, viewers and listeners, which will in turn create more ad revenue.

The solution is to be aware of that when you read, watch and listen to the media and their reports. And if you find sources that tend to over dramatize everything avoid them, while seeking out other sources that are more level headed and less prone to hyperbole.

Because that isn't their job.

The media has to talk about something. They won't take the Belichick approach because they're not the Patriots, they're the media.

The media screams in order to compete with the Big Screamer, ESPN.

Sanchez will have a better TD-INT ratio than Brady before the national media tones it down, especially with ass clowns like this running rampant.

Tom-Jackson-ESPN-NFL-Analyst.jpg

Tom Jackson thinks the national media is just great!

skip_bayless_projectile_vomit.jpg

Skip Bayless disagrees with your post so much his jaw dropped

merrill-hoge.jpg

Merrill Hoge represses a smile and laughter. He found your post hilariously preposterous and says it's difficult to not giggle with Schlereth teabagging him under the table.

(just to note, I'd rather have them showering us with praise instead of hearing their typical ******ed blather about the Pats. The national media is full of idiots just waiting to troll their audience and generate a bigger buzz.)

Last edited:
Yeah, why won't the media, whose job is to entertain and garner attention, be more like our headcoach and try to act in the interest of the Patriots by not exacerbating our offensive accomplishments thus far? I mean, it doesn't even make sense!! :rolleyes:

I'm sorry, but some of you are downright delusional.

It's what they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye