PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can the Colts win?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanTheColtsFan

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Listening to WEEI, The Score, and FSN (Plus NE Tailgate) it would seem by the local media that Indianapolis has no chance tonight. Even watching Sports Reporters this morning, most are picking the Patriots.

While watching the game, what do I want to see as a Colts fan? What gives the Colts the best chance to win? Too many pass attempts by Brady? No pressure on Manning? Is this winable?

38-27 Patriots

There is no doubt that the Colts can win. This one is all about execution. I think of the different matchups, the Pats have the advantage except when the colts pass.

But if everyone executes, this one's going to be close.

Of course they can win. They've lost one regular season game in a year and a half. Everything being equal I don't think they will as the Colt WR and PK are the only matchups I like for them. But if they pressure Brady and force a key turnover or two they absolutely can win.

Yeah!,the Colts can win tonight of curse.But we play in home,-2º in Foxborough,6-1,awesome play....We have got that win this game!

I suppose they CAN win....if all the Patriot players wear blindfolds.

Of course they can win. I think you're expecting too much if the you want the NE media to select the Pats to lose given the team's history of winning both big games and games against Indy, coupled with the Pats coming off of a commanding victory.

I wouldn't expect the Indy media to pick against a Colts team which is 7-0, is headed by Peyton Manning, and exorcised its Patriots demons last year (unless it were the playoffs, of course).

Ceresco said:
I suppose they CAN win....if all the Patriot players wear blindfolds.
Do I think the Colts will win? No.

Should anyone be shocked if the Colts DO win? No.

Am I answering my own questions? Yes.

RyanTheColtsFan said:
Listening to WEEI, The Score, and FSN (Plus NE Tailgate) it would seem by the local media that Indianapolis has no chance tonight. Even watching Sports Reporters this morning, most are picking the Patriots.

While watching the game, what do I want to see as a Colts fan? What gives the Colts the best chance to win? Too many pass attempts by Brady? No pressure on Manning? Is this winable?

38-27 Patriots
sure the colts can win..the reason everyone is picking the pats is the same reason everyone used to pick indy in the playoffs...indy used to show flashy offense against denver and KC and people jumped on their bandwagon and pats showed a big passing offense on monday and everyone is picking them now...welcome to our world ryan, to be honest i wish everyone still picked the colts...

the pats seem to be better all around team on paper but matchups are hard to predict...i expect a much closer than most..in my personal opinion -if the colts get a lead it will be a lot of pressure on the pats so i expect the pats to throw more early than unlike the analysts who think we should just run the football and keep the ball away from manning-keep the ball away from the opposing offense IS the game of football against any offense -good or bad, i doubt any team says, "lets just give the ball back to the offense"
pats have to score pts to put pressure on peyton to come out his recent patient trend IMO
bottom line for the colts to win they need to get some kinda lead to put pressure on the pats which minn didnt do last week and i think the same thing for the pats so they can use the runnin game to close the game out rather than score pts.

Napolian will have tried every ploy he can this week to intimidate the refs. So you have a huge advantage out of the gate.

Well, off the top and obvious, I'd say it depends on the Indy run D.
Conventional wisdom says that if the Pats can run effectively, they will be o.k. Both teams can score points, but the Pats have a better D by all accounts. If the Colt's D can come up with a scheme to make the Pats O one dimensional, they could have a shot at winning a "shootout".
The consensus seems to be (among many), that we will see a big dose of Dillon/Maroney, and the Colts will not be able to handle it.
A couple of big plays early ( kick return/ turnover etc.) could help the Colts as well. I guess we all kinda knew all this already, but you asked.
Man, I can't wait for this one.

The Colts will only win if the Pats outthink themselves AND if their D sucks.

For example:
What I mean is if they come out spreading the field in a no hudde with 5 wide and it does not work.
If they tried this because everyone is expecting the run and they thought it would catch the colts offguard.
If they try something like that and it backfires, they might be down 14 before they start running the ball.
then they might be in trouble.

This is a classic of some trying to jinx their opponents.

By predicting them to win.

Kdo5 said:
This is a classic of some trying to jinx their opponents.

By predicting them to win.

You dont quit do you. I dont play silly jinx games.

There's only one thing that'll decide this game, and that's if our defence can stop Peyton. It's really that simple. If Peyton plays like he did agaisnt Denver (great D), then it really doesn't matter if they get stuffed at the line on every run and we throw 105 yard TD's every play.

That being said, I don't need to be reminded of how Peyton seems to have a weakness against our defensive schemes and philosophy. THAT being said, I don't need to be reminded by the other side that he handled it just fine last year. THAT being said, I don't need to be reminded that we were injured, and it goes on.

Should be a great game.

If I am a Colts fan I am looking at 2 things:

Can the Colts stop the run with 7 in the Box?

Can the Pats get pressure on Manning, without have to blitz (more than 4 on the Pass rush)?

If the Colts can do these 2 things they will have a good chance to win.

As always Turn overs and TO differential will be important.

patsfan13 said:
If I am a Colts fan I am looking at 2 things:

Can the Colts stop the run with 7 in the Box?

Can the Pats get pressure on Manning, without have to blitz (more than 4 on the Pass rush)?

If the Colts can do these 2 things they will have a good chance to win.

As always Turn overs and TO differential will be important.

Can the refs hand the Colts several ticky tack calls to appease overlord Napolian.

RyanTheColtsFan said:
You dont quit do you. I dont play silly jinx games.
Ofcourse you do. :D

And ofcourse the Colts can win. I am sick thinking that the Colts may be the under dogs. :mad:

Of course they can win. Indy has a great offense and can outscore almost everyone out there. You have to be very careful with the clock and don't give Manning a chance to win the game. The way the Pats beat Indy in the 2004 playoffs is the correct way to beat Indy. You either out score them (which is hard) or you keep them off the field. The key is pressure on the QB. That is the only way to beat Manning.

Although most of us would love to dismiss Indy and Manning, he is clearly one of the greatest QBs ever. I grew up watching the rise of Marino, Elway, and Montana. Manning is the best I have every seen. He will win the superbowl some day, no doubt. Hopefully it won't be for Indy.

RyanTheColtsFan said:
Listening to WEEI, The Score, and FSN (Plus NE Tailgate) it would seem by the local media that Indianapolis has no chance tonight.

Is this winable?
I don't see how the Colts could possibly win. I mean, Brady would have to throw for like four INTs or something to give them a chance, and even then we still might win. Probably need a fumble or two, but Dillon will run the ball most, and he doesn't fumble much. Plus our play calling is very good.

Nah, can't see it. Our WRs are snagging balls out of the air, and the Colts WRs don't adjust to the ball well. That would have to be reversed and I don't see that happening.

Nope, if we are within 7 points in the fourth quarter, there is no way we are going to lose, unless they let Patrick Pass or Kevin Faulk touch the ball, and that won't happen. Pass is happily on PUP or IR, and the Pats are too smart to let Faulk handle the ball in crunch time.

Give it up, man, Pats win. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back