PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can the Bills win the Season Opener?

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-Bone

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
I was checking out a Bills Board today and read some posts about how the Bills were going to beat us in the Season Opener.

Now I would love to know what they are smoking in Buffalo since that stuff must be fantastic to think that their team with the Loserman is going to beat us at home.

So, is anybody concerned that the Bills have a legitmate chance to beat us or should I stop wasting my time reading Bills message board posts?

T-Bone said:
I was checking out a Bills Board today and read some posts about how the Bills were going to beat us in the Season Opener.

Now I would love to know what they are smoking in Buffalo since that stuff must be fantastic to think that their team with the Loserman is going to beat us at home.

So, is anybody concerned that the Bills have a legitmate chance to beat us or should I stop wasting my time reading Bills message board posts?

3rd sentence.

Total waste of time...........game will be over by the 3rd qrtr.

Never treat any game lightly, however common sense tells me that this is their 1st game under a new coach, on the road, against a team superior to them in every facet of the game. Barring them getting a few huge plays, this one won't be close.

I guess you don't recall last year's game at Foxboro where the Bills were leading late in the game and we were lucky to beat them. They should be a little better than last year. Hopefully, we are much better, but taking them lightly is a recipe for disaster.

There is an old saying that starts off, "On any given Sunday..."

p8ryts said:
I guess you don't recall last year's game at Foxboro where the Bills were leading late in the game and we were lucky to beat them. They should be a little better than last year. Hopefully, we are much better, but taking them lightly is a recipe for disaster.

Our D was in the crapper at that point in the season and our running game was non-existent, we've certainly improved in those aspects. Plus Holcomb was hitting Moulds all night, and neither will be playing Sept 10th.

The December game is more indicative of what we will see in a couple weeks.

Bill B. said:
There is an old saying that starts off, "On any given Sunday..."

DITTO!! that's why they play the games.

I am a big Pats fan but live in western NY and in fact about 3 miles from Bills summer camp. They in no way stand a chance of even keeping this game close in the opening week.

T-Bone said:

Unless the Bills bring a time machine and they go back to 1992, they have no chance to win this game. Even if the Pats play mediocre, they will win this game. This is like Florida State opening at home vs. Akron. Deep down, they know it, too.

This is like Florida State opening at home vs. Akron. Deep down, they know it, too.

That sums up my feeling too.

I'd give the Jets a much better chance of beating the Pats than the Bills near zero chance. BB will 1st stop McGahee's running and force Loserman to play mistake free and win the game on his own. Fat chance.

Bills' D may be even better this year but the Pats O will outscore the Bills O.

I think they have a 10% chance of winning. The Pats, even without Branch and Jackson are just too good. Maybe with the Branch distraction, they can sneak into Foxboro and upset the Pats, but I doubt it. The way the Pats are playing, they look like they are:

1) Pissed off
2) On a mission

They obviously didn't like the way last season ended. I think they come out very emotional, and I expect the Pats to be ready to rumble. Not to take anything away from the Bills, they have a nice running game, a decent defense, but I think a lot of the Pats feel they have something to prove after the Bronco loss in the playoffs. I like the way guys like Brady & Dillon are responding, I've never seen Brady look so determined.

of course they can but i think it will not happens

Bills beat the Pats? THESE Pats? No F-ing way.

PatsWickedPissah said:
I'd give the Jets a much better chance of beating the Pats than the Bills near zero chance. BB will 1st stop McGahee's running and force Loserman to play mistake free and win the game on his own. Fat chance.

Bills' D may be even better this year but the Pats O will outscore the Bills O.
Concur, they switched over to a Tampa-style defense, they're starting a rookie S who Tommy will be looking off all night, and their O-line is in rebuild mode to open holes for McGahee against NE's own modest front seven - Ralph Wilson is already gulping antacids and will have a full medical team on standby.

I still have the feeling that this season is going to be one long, methodical display of dominance; that NE is going to put an end to the dynasty question once and for all.

And it will all start with the Bills.

Can the Bills win ? Of course they can. But it's very, very, very, very unlikely.

Only scenario I see is that the Bills defense stifles everything the Pats do and McGahee runs wild. I think maybe 1 of the 2 could happen but no way both do. Losman still hasn't convinced me of anything.

Losman still hasn't convinced me of anything

The only thing Losman has convinced me of, is it that the Bills made a big mistake in drafting him. Of course big mistakes in the draft are a Bills Tradition.

Every year, people scream at them to improve the OL and every year the GM ignores it. What a sad sad situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back