PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can the Bears be beaten this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
edgecy said:
Yeah, the Bears look pretty invincible right now, but an injury here and there and they will look vulnerable again. Every team has a weakness (I admit I don't know Bears') and it's only a matter of time before another team figures it out. Each week opposing team builds on previous week to see what worked and what didn't and work to figure out how best to do it. Last year's Colts is a fine example. 13 teams tried to beat them and fell short. San Diego learned from the mistakes of those 13 teams and beat them.

Regular season is so long now it's almost impossible to go 16-0.
I know the Bears' weakness. It is playing from behind.

If that team gets behind by 10 points, maybe even 7, I don't see them playing the same way.

It is very easy for Rex to use the play action and launch bombs to Berrian when they are up by 14. I want to see them behind 7-0 or 10-0 and pull the same crap they did today. They are far from invincible.

Their offense is very confident though. If something goes wrong and they lose some of that big play confidence, they are just like any other good defensive team.

I am not too worried about those bratwurst inhaling idiots.

Of course they CAN be beaten. I expect also that will be beaten in the regular season just as the 1985 Bears were. The question is whether they peak during the playoffs or several games before.

Personally, I think the AFC champ should be favored over the Bears if they should get to the Super Bowl. There are some very strong teams, including the two playing tomorrow night, the pats and the super chargers.

Keegs said:
I know the Bears' weakness. It is playing from behind.

If that team gets behind by 10 points, maybe even 7, I don't see them playing the same way.

It is very easy for Rex to use the play action and launch bombs to Berrian when they are up by 14. I want to see them behind 7-0 or 10-0 and pull the same crap they did today. They are far from invincible.

Their offense is very confident though. If something goes wrong and they lose some of that big play confidence, they are just like any other good defensive team.

I am not too worried about those bratwurst inhaling idiots.

Good luck finding them down by 7, 10, etc. That defense is absolutely freakish.

Yep it looks like the 2000 Ravens defense, version 2006.

Plus that run game is a mirage. You put them up against a defense like Atlanta's or San Diego's and Thomas Jones won't gain 75 yards. Those teams should have the secondary to control Muhammed/Berrian too.

Don't fall for the Bears hype. Remember Indy last year? O my they might go undefeated. My how scary. Then they lost to Pitt in the playoffs. Also, Rex Grossman is a PRETENDER.

It's only October. Let's wait 'til we have some January football under our belts before we send the da 06 Bears to Canton.

PATRIOT64 said:
O.K. Who have we beaten? The Bills (beaten 41-7 today) - The Jets (Beaten 41-0 today) - The Dolphins (1-4 and only win was against Tenesssee and by 3 points) - The Bengals (who cannot stop the run)
Our schedule has been no harder than that and we are applauding and excited at 4-1?- Can you say H-O-M-E-R​
It is difficult to have an intelligent discussion when someone blatently misstates the facts that a child could verify for themselves. You are claiming that most people here are blindly lauding the Patriots for being 4-1, when a casual perusal of the board shows that is nonsense. Many people are happy to be 4-1 (why wouldn't one be?) and believe the team is getting better as the season progresses as is their pattern, but need to improve even more to win the SB. Very few are handing the Patriots the Lombardi.

Yet in the face of that, you equate the two teams' schedules yet somehow claim the Patriots are being being b*llwashed here whereas it was you and you alone who predicted a possible 16-0 season for the Bears, even though history has shown that is incredibly unlikely.

You are also equating solid blowout wins with invincibility, which ignores the history and nature of the NFL. Remember in the last playoffs when the Pats looked invincible against the Jags, but then lost to the Broncos? Who looked pretty darn good against us then lost to the Steelers the following week. No, the reality is that winning and losing in the NFL is vastly more complex and subtle than you think.

The Bears DO look like a good team.

But...

How healthy is Rex Glassman going to be?

Yes, Griese (sp) is a good backup qb... but, the Bears CAN be beaten.

Every team can be beaten. This is why they play the game.

Last edited:
ATippett56 said:
The Chicago Bears will not lose at home, but have been shaky on the road. Expect the NY Giants to beat them at the Meadowlands.

I'll second that. Even if they get past the 2 NY teams back-to-back at the Meadowlands, they still have the 3rd of 3 consecutive road trips in Foxboro. We'll make the 72 Dolphins happy :)

The Bears played really well yesterday and after the first quarter were utterly dominant against a team that many of us were beginning to think were not too bad.

The key though was that in the first the Bills had their chances. They dropped a pretty simple interception chance while the receivers (one to Peerless Price) let loose chances that would have given them a bit of momentum and had the loopy fake punt run play that cost them three points.

Had they managed to get on the board first it might just have been a different situation, but once the Bears jumped to 13-0, heads dropped quickly and there was only one winner.

So my point - there is one - is that the Bills had chances to get into the game, or at the very least not to hand it to the Bears on a plate. But they blew them, and the game was gone real fast.

This is a very very good team - certainly the most complete team out there - and if you want to beat them you have to take your chances. We will get our chances and others will too, but only a top par performance is going to get a W.

There's a silver cloud here. With the Bears palying as well as they are our other (Seahawks) draft pick will not be number 31 or 32.

ironwasp said:
The Bears played really well yesterday and after the first quarter were utterly dominant against a team that many of us were beginning to think were not too bad.

The key though was that in the first the Bills had their chances. They dropped a pretty simple interception chance while the receivers (one to Peerless Price) let loose chances that would have given them a bit of momentum and had the loopy fake punt run play that cost them three points.

Had they managed to get on the board first it might just have been a different situation, but once the Bears jumped to 13-0, heads dropped quickly and there was only one winner.

So my point - there is one - is that the Bills had chances to get into the game, or at the very least not to hand it to the Bears on a plate. But they blew them, and the game was gone real fast.

This is a very very good team - certainly the most complete team out there - and if you want to beat them you have to take your chances. We will get our chances and others will too, but only a top par performance is going to get a W.

There's a silver cloud here. With the Bears palying as well as they are our other (Seahawks) draft pick will not be number 31 or 32.
you also have to remember that the Bears have caught every possible break so far this season.

I've seen over 5 dropped Grossman interceptiosn, fumbles that bounce right into their hands, pass int. calls that are shaky, not many calls on their defense........

I wish i would see more screens run against there really aggressive team but whatever.

I think they are getting too much credit but of course they are great.

ironwasp said:

you also have to remember that the Bears have caught every possible break so far this season.

I've seen over 5 dropped Grossman interceptions, fumbles that bounce right into their hands, pass int. calls that are shaky, not many calls on their defense........

I wish i would see more screens run against there really aggressive team but whatever.

I think they are getting too much credit but of course they are great.

Last edited:
The Bears look to be a really good team right now, but anyone can be beaten. That's one of the great things about the NFL-you just never know.

Yes, by us. We get them at the end of a 3 week road trip. Of anyone, we have the best chance of beating them. The rest of their schedule is really easy. St. Louis may actually beat them as well.

Wasn't that the big discussion last year with the Colts.

How it looks like they are going to go all the way...

Lets not hand over the championship just yet. They started out fast, lets see if they end the season the same way.

Michael said:
I think this would be a good season to rectify what happened in the Pats 1st Super Bowl. :D

well said-i'm with you

2004 Playoff game against the NFL highest scoring offense (Colts). I believe they had the highest scoring offense in league history. This game made me real nervous and was hoping we would at not get blown out. I couldn't believe we them to only 3 points. Let me say one thing. When the playoffs start, we are all 0-0. Anyone can get beat and experience is what matters. Let the Bears steam roll everyone, we will find a way to beat them as we always do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes