PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can the Bears be beaten this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I bleed Patriots red for life but am in awe of the way those Chicago Bears are playing football almost by perfection just like it is taught in practice and the only power in a weak NFC - Their last 2 opponents have been beaten by a total of about 60 points which is incredible and were both totally dominating performances and left little doubt who the winner was going to be by halftime ..What is more scary about them is both teams were not BAD teams (Buffalo and Seattle) with Sea actually in the SB last year - They have not truly come close to losing yet and appear to be on thier way to at least a 14-2/15-1 maybe the first 16-0 season and the likely SB NFC Team at this point even after just 5 weeks,there isn't even a team close to them in talent in the NFC right now - they are locked in a crap teams division but have played decent teams (as mentioned) well too - We play them in a few weeks,I am hoping we are 10x better by then in the passing game to even have a chance to win.
There may be tougher opponents for them soon but the way that offense is attacking with Grossman looking like an MVP candidate and the entire defense literally destroying run and pass with what appears to be without giving even full blown effort,I don't see them losing anytime soon unless there is a total breakdown in an upcoming game or Tommie Harris gets hurt (Harris is the BEST DE in the league right now,bar none) - Now that Indy (who was picked as the 2nd best team in the NFL last week) has looked like an also ran with today's performance against the Titans,Chicago is a total team in a class by itself without barely any weak spots and from what I see is even better than the Bears team of 1985 if thats possible.​
IMO if we somehow can manage to make it to the big dance this year there is little doubt in my mind it will be a revenge game from SB 20 - they are likely the team to be on the other side waiting to play us.​

Yes..........

They almost lost to the Vikings. Of course they can be beaten.

PATRIOT64 said:
I bleed Patriots red for life but am in awe of the way those Chicago Bears are playing football almost by perfection just like it is taught in practice and the only power in a weak NFC - Their last 2 opponents have been beaten by a total of about 60 points which is incredible and were both totally dominating performances and left little doubt who the winner was going to be by halftime ..What is more scary about them is both teams were not BAD teams (Buffalo and Seattle) with Sea actually in the SB last year - They have not truly come close to losing yet and appear to be on thier way to at least a 14-2/15-1 maybe the first 16-0 season and the likely SB NFC Team at this point even after just 5 weeks,there isn't even a team close to them in talent in the NFC right now - they are locked in a crap teams division but have played decent teams (as mentioned) well too - We play them in a few weeks,I am hoping we are 10x better by then in the passing game to even have a chance to win.
There may be tougher opponents for them soon but the way that offense is attacking with Grossman looking like an MVP candidate and the entire defense literally destroying run and pass with what appears to be without giving even full blown effort,I don't see them losing anytime soon unless there is a total breakdown in an upcoming game or Tommie Harris gets hurt (Harris is the BEST DE in the league right now,bar none) - Now that Indy (who was picked as the 2nd best team in the NFL last week) has looked like an also ran with today's performance against the Titans,Chicago is a total team in a class by itself without barely any weak spots and from what I see is even better than the Bears team of 1985 if thats possible.​
IMO if we somehow can manage to make it to the big dance this year there is little doubt in my mind it will be a revenge game from SB 20 - they are likely the team to be on the other side waiting to play us.​

Not by NE. They'll destroy NE, that's my bet.

It's a long season and things can happen. There are ups and downs. The Bears are on an "up" right now and look unbeatable. There's no reason to get carried away until they start December 12-0.

The Chicago Bears will not lose at home, but have been shaky on the road. Expect the NY Giants to beat them at the Meadowlands.

Yes, it seems that they are peaking too early. It's a long season, and they won't maintain this level of play.

Andy

Nope .... Call San Diego immediately and tell them to stop the game going on now. Tell Denver and Baltimore to forget the game tomorrow night. This season's champion is already crowned. Cancel the rest of the season. The Bears clearly wont lose a game until all their starters retire. Give them the next 3 SB's and we'll start back with the 2009-2010 season. NOT!

Last edited:
We would beat them, I don't have much doubt about it. The bears are very over rated right now...They havent played anyone that good.

Green Bay = bad team
Detroit = bad team
Vikings = decent team won by 3 points.
Seattle= Last years League MVP Shaun Alexander didn't play, you could tell it hurt them.
Buffalo= not that good of a team.

Teams are never as good as they appear to be and never as bad as they appear to be. The Bears have weaknesses. We haven't played a Grossmen-led bears team and I'm sure Belicheck can confuse the hell out of Grossman who hasn't a full year under his belt.

The Bears can be beaten. I can see the Patriots doing the job in a few weeks.

TomBrady'sGoat said:
It's a long season and things can happen. There are ups and downs. The Bears are on an "up" right now and look unbeatable. There's no reason to get carried away until they start December 12-0.

Like the Colts a couple of years ago. Now THAT was a scary team!

PFnV

Ceresco said:
We would beat them, I don't have much doubt about it. The bears are very over rated right now...They havent played anyone that good.

Green Bay = bad team
Detroit = bad team
Vikings = decent team won by 3 points.
Seattle= Last years League MVP Shaun Alexander didn't play, you could tell it hurt them.
Buffalo= not that good of a team.

That's a real Murderer's Row.:rolleyes:

RayClay said:
That's a real Murderer's Row.:rolleyes:
O.K. Who have we beaten? The Bills (beaten 41-7 today) - The Jets (Beaten 41-0 today) - The Dolphins (1-4 and only win was against Tenesssee and by 3 points) - The Bengals (who cannot stop the run)
Our schedule has been no harder than that and we are applauding and excited at 4-1?- Can you say H-O-M-E-R​

Last edited:
I think this would be a good season to rectify what happened in the Pats 1st Super Bowl. :D

Yeah, the Bears look pretty invincible right now, but an injury here and there and they will look vulnerable again. Every team has a weakness (I admit I don't know Bears') and it's only a matter of time before another team figures it out. Each week opposing team builds on previous week to see what worked and what didn't and work to figure out how best to do it. Last year's Colts is a fine example. 13 teams tried to beat them and fell short. San Diego learned from the mistakes of those 13 teams and beat them.

Regular season is so long now it's almost impossible to go 16-0.

Michael said:
I think this would be a good season to rectify what happened in the Pats 1st Super Bowl. :D
Ya what he said.
I second that thought.
Payback!!

I think they'll end up as frontrunners. I'm expecting them to get burnt out towards the end of the season which will probably carry on into the postseason.

PATRIOT64 said:
O.K. Who have we beaten? The Bills (beaten 41-7 today) - The Jets (Beaten 41-0 today) - The Dolphins (1-4 and only win was against Tenesssee and by 3 points) - The Bengals (who cannot stop the run)
Our schedule has been no harder than that and we are applauding and excited at 4-1?- Can you say H-O-M-E-R​

Yeah I'm a Patriots fan. What's wrong with that?

I think any knowledgeable Patriots fan would be pretty happy with 4-1 going into the bye. Especially including a great win over Cinci and wins over all three division opponents.

What's your problem with that, Earthwind?:D

Colts teams have scared me way more than this Bears team.

I can see this Bears team losing early in the playoffs, maybe the first game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back