PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can someone solve this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsWorldChamps

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
My friend and I are fighting about which company fired ron borges for plagiarism... does anyone know for sure?

Last edited:
My friend and I are fighting about which company fired ron borges for plagiarism... does anyone know for sure?

Don't know who owned it but, it was plagiarism central The Boston Globe. And I believe he was only suspended.

Borges was suspended (not fired) by the Boston Globe. Shortly after his return from the suspension he resigned. He covered boxing for a while elsewhere and eventually got a job with the Boston Herald.

Don't know who owned it but, it was plagiarism central The Boston Globe. And I believe he was only suspended.

He was suspended for two months, then he "retired"
Borges retires from Globe - The Boston Globe

His retirement is said to coincide with a hearing with the newspaper guild over his suspension...there is some speculation that he was going to lose his suspension appeal, and that his outside interests(mainly, boxing) wouldn't be affected by his work at the Globe.

The fact that he wasn't around again until last October may be that he was barred from writing locally until his contract expired, basic "non-compete" agreement.

Borges "retirement" was the Globe's way of letting him go out with a single hair of dignity. Though he didn't deserve it.

What kills me is that the jackass is back on local television and radio, plus he retains his NFL Hall of Fame vote. I don't read his articles anymore and otherwise avoid him. His face and the sound of his smarmy voice depress me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes