PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can someone sell me on Matt Light at LT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better to have a pessimistic view be wrong on game day, than an optimistic one.

Tremendous game by the whole of the o-line with Matt totally owning Abraham.

Yeah, Kontradiction, go post on Patriots Planet or somewhere else. Leave this site.

Sure...

Here: http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...419-sacks-given-up-each-left-tackle-year.html

and...

Here: How Many Sacks Each LT Gave Up (Because it interests me) - WalterFootball.com Forums

And here is this year's list, which doesn't even take in account QB hits: Sacks Given Up By LTs (Updated Weekly!) - WalterFootball.com Forums

Yes, I know it's Week 3. Hopefully we'll see him improve today and John Anderson won't constantly be in the backfield. As for the 2007 list, I'm having a little bit of trouble locating it but I'm still looking so give me some time.

Check your sources it is a freaking message board, if you want to believe the stats of a fan so be it, but personally more reliable stats will do for this fan.

That oughta help, eh?

Yeah, Kontradiction, go post on Patriots Planet or somewhere else. Leave this site.

You have got to be kidding me. Please tell me you're joking.:D

He's quite capable of having an opinion here, as we all are--thanks to Ian.

I am sure Kontra would be the first to tell you that Light had a great game.

He finally shaved that Village People moustache and really came to play today

He's the Reverse Sampson!

I didn't get the memo from Ian that you were put in charge of who posts here and who doesn't.

Well you have yet to prove me wrong yourself so how about you(mod edit) kiss me. How's that sound, chief? Welcome to the ignore list.

As for Light, I said it time and time again in the gameday thread, in the chat room, and now in this thread. Light did a damn good job today. Much better in the last two weeks. He completely mauled Abraham which is exactly what I wanted to see from him. Unlike other people here (cough MARONEY HATERS cough), I wasn't rooting against him to succeed today or any other day. He just didn't look all that hot in the first two games of the season. Today, however, someone lit a fire under his ass and the only time Abraham even breathed on Brady, he only managed to get two fingers on him. I noted in the chat and in the gameday thread and the chat that his improved play was the reason that Brady got so much more time to throw the ball today and it paid dividends.

I want to see this Matt Light for the rest of the year. If Matt Light plays like he did today, he might earn himself an extension and Sea Bass might be forced to wait another year. Just top tier play by him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Check your sources it is a freaking message board, if you want to believe the stats of a fan so be it, but personally more reliable stats will do for this fan.

You're more than welcome to put up stats that contradict my stats if you can find them. This is a two way debate here. Somehow, I have a feeling that you won't be able to find them though.

Light had a great game today, though I don't think he's a top left tackle consistently. If they're not going to call holding, you should take advantage of it and he did.

He just didn't look all that hot in the first two games of the season. Today, however, someone lit a fire under his ass and the only time Abraham even breathed on Brady, he only managed to get two fingers on him.

I think it was you Kontra.

I think it was you Kontra.

Good. I'll post threads like this every week if the players respond the way Light did today. Next week: can someone sell me on Tom Brady at QB? ;)

Good. I'll post threads like this every week if the players respond the way Light did today. Next week: can someone sell me on Tom Brady at QB? ;)

Might wanna get that one rolling today...

Matt Light did very well today .... it was unusual :)

:rofl:

Well we may need you to do another post on Light next week since we've got a really big challenge with the Ravens.

I think the game plan really helped out too. A more balanced approach means the DL has to respect the run and they can't always attack. Running the ball also lets the OL go after those DL for a bit.

That's not to take anything away from Light's performance, or the OLs. But I think Dante and the entire coaching staff also deserve some credit for today's performance.

yes light did pretty good today, and im his biggest critic....but hes definitely in his last year at left tackle here tho, he did hold like crazy and we r fortunate they didnt call it...very unusual yes

Last edited:
I gotta give the devil his due; Light & the rest of the OL had an overall VG game today.

A couple of caveats:
- The Falcon's D looked an awful lot like Mike Smith's D while he was DC of Jax: no pressure by blitzing, vanilla scheme, deep safeties. No wonder Brady picked them apart.
- Also, John Abraham looked lethargic, weak & slow. IOW, he was Atlanta's version of Derrick The Invisible Man Burgess.

Light's - and the entire OL's - biggest test, poss. of the entire season, comes next week. They, and the Receivers, and the RBs, and the QB, and the Play-Callers, all must be on their very best behavior vs. a Ravens D that not only will shut you down, but also will intimidate & try to injure you, too. Light & the OL must absolutely match the intensity & meanness of the Murderers, and hope that our own D can limit Flacco & Co. enough to eke out a victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back