PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can someone record the game for me please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PromisedLand

Virtual Internet Person
Reaction score
Saturday night's game will not be shown live here in North Carolina. While it will be rebroadcast on NFL Network and Sunday Ticket at noon the next day, my cable provider (TWC) doesn't offer either of those and I won't be able to go to a sports bar due to other plans at that time. I haven't really had a chance to see any of the other preseason games so far either.

So, if anyone is willing to record the game for me I would be happy to pay your costs plus a token of my gratitude. I prefer DVD but VHS is OK.

PM me if you are interested in helping out a long time poster.

Last edited:
I was prepared to offer to tape it for you. But, my nephew called and asked me to tape it for him.

He was coming over to watch it but he got a date with a chick he's been after. I guess he would rather try to get lucky than watch the game live.

Hope that someone else comes forward.

PATSNUTme said:
I was prepared to offer to tape it for you. But, my nephew called and asked me to tape it for him.

He was coming over to watch it but he got a date with a chick he's been after. I guess he would rather try to get lucky than watch the game live.

Hope that someone else comes forward.
Well, thanks anyway for thinking about it... and bumping the thread! :D

PromisedLand said:
Well, thanks anyway for thinking about it... and bumping the thread! :D

Bumping was my intention - I was going to PM you. But, if enough people have to look at this , then they will start feeling guilty.:rocker:

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't believe that someone with a DVR hasn't jumped forward and offered to record the game for you.

PATSNUTme said:
I can't believe that someone with a DVR hasn't jumped forward and offered to record the game for you.
Come on, someone jump forward! :D

Some people may just want to see you sweat before they come forward and record the game for you.

I have a feeling that someone with a DVR will do it for you.

Would it be illegal to DVR games and then post them on a site where people could download it? We get very few pats games here in Manila unfortunately.

smg93 said:
Would it be illegal to DVR games and then post them on a site where people could download it? We get very few pats games here in Manila unfortunately.
It's not illegal to record games for personal use so I would think it would be OK to make a copy for a friend (and we're all friends here, right?) as long as it was not for profit or rebroadcast. After all the friend will be receiving the entire broadcast including commercials. But I would think posting it to a web site would constitute rebroadcast and would thus violate copyright laws.

Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer and am not qualified to give legal advice. The preceding is just a guess.

I'll try to do it for you on VHS. E-mail me your postal address at [email protected].

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back