PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can someone please tell me why..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Game planning is absolutely the answer.

The Pats never put all of their eggs in one basket. This is the reason why they don't bring in bad seeds like Terrell Owens or Randy Moss. There is no reason to.

I remember last year someone suggest that the Pats basically give up all their day 1 picks for Reggie Bush. Hmmm . . . Bush v. Maroney, Jackson, AND Thomas. Sounds like a good deal to me. :rolleyes:

He was given the opportunity partly because Watson is out of the lineup but it's got to be a little scary for opposing defenses knowing that the Pats have 4 dangerous TE's who can block and catch as well as this crew does. Yep, I said 4.....I throw Vrabel in there for good measure. He's a not so secret weapon on offense nowadays but he's due for a TD catch anytime now.

After the JEST game last year, DCs (A) realize they must try to cover Vrabel, or (B) are complete idiots.

Did anyone see the replay of the Jacksonville game on NFL network? After Thomas caught the TD, guys on the Jacksonville sideline could be heard asking "who is that guy?" Pretty funny stuff.

:rofl:

Because every game is different and the opposing D has different weaknesses we can exploit, and every game different players are focused on.. kinda like using the no huddle offense, can't do the same thing every time, Brady will get killed.. we have so many weapons, difficult for teams to predict what we will do and who will be key. Just having him on the field, makes the D think they have to cover him.
To be specific, the reason David Thomas did well in the Jax game is because they were weak at safety due to injuries to Deon Grant and Donovan Darius, and their linebackers are not the greatest when it comes to coverage. Consequently the two tight ends that played that game totaled number one and three in receiving yards.

The reason David Thomas in particular and our tight ends as a whole did not do well against Tennessee is that they have very good coverage linebackers, particularily in David Thorton, who is essentially a very large safety. Chris Hope is also a very good strong-side safety, and between the SS and the Will you basically have the primary cover guys for the tight end.

Joker is NEVER a homer....Joker is STILL a big Steve Grogan fan

Joker KNOWS good players

Dave Thomas is a rookie....he has an undeniable pedigree...Vince Young would have thrown him 100 balls this season if he was on Tennessee....one more time, he's a rook....next year I firmly believe Dave Thomas will be a better than Dallas Clark reciever for the Pats.

This year....well...let's wait and see...Watson is dinged up a bit...you HAVE to love Thomas's hands, man....he's money every time

I sometimes see thread titles and wonder if people have actually watched this team over the past few years

I remember last year someone suggest that the Pats basically give up all their day 1 picks for Reggie Bush. Hmmm . . . Bush v. Maroney, Jackson, AND Thomas. Sounds like a good deal to me. :rolleyes:
:rofl:

Remember when Mike Ditka did that to get Ricky Williams -- traded half of the Saints just to get Ricky. Wow. Talk about putting all the eggs in one basket. :bricks:
What's good ol' Mike doing these days??

I get down on my virtual knees every day and thank Heaven we have a coach who knows how to play today's NFL game, and knows how to do it well.

//

Remember when Mike Ditka did that to get Ricky Williams -- traded half of the Saints just to get Ricky. Wow. Talk about putting all the eggs in one basket. :bricks:
What's good ol' Mike doing these days??

I get down on my virtual knees every day and thank Heaven we have a coach who knows how to play today's NFL game, and knows how to do it well.

//

Ol' Mike runs a restaraunt in Chicago as well as color commentary for Bears games.

To be specific, the reason David Thomas did well in the Jax game is because they were weak at safety due to injuries to Deon Grant and Donovan Darius, and their linebackers are not the greatest when it comes to coverage. Consequently the two tight ends that played that game totaled number one and three in receiving yards.

The reason David Thomas in particular and our tight ends as a whole did not do well against Tennessee is that they have very good coverage linebackers, particularily in David Thorton, who is essentially a very large safety. Chris Hope is also a very good strong-side safety, and between the SS and the Will you basically have the primary cover guys for the tight end.

Yet we were still able to squeak out 40 points without a noticeable contribution from Thomas.

Yet we were still able to squeak out 40 points without a noticeable contribution from Thomas.
By scoring touchdowns instead of kicking field goals, not turning the bal over, and taking advantage of Tennessee's #2 and #3 corners, Hill and Finnegan.

I sometimes see thread titles and wonder if people have actually watched this team over the past few years

I guess I missed this one.

It was just a question, goat. Other posters didn't think it was so lame.
I got a few informative replies, in fact.
Where's yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back