PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can someone explain the Elisha Manning hype to me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
People here were saying wacko Flacco couldn't hold a candle to Brady. That turned out not to really be the case.

Manning is pretty good, I think we pats fans fool ourselves to think otherwise.

I haven't read through this whole thread, because honestly, from what I've read, most of it is silly. To say that Eli Manning is not elite, is a complete joke. What he did in 2007, and the 2008 SB proved he was an elite player. What he did that year, in the playoffs, on the road, against, at that time, better teams and QBs (Dallas & Romo won the division, Favre and the Packers had the best record in the NFC and Favre finsihed 2nd in the MVP I believe, and then Brady and the Pats....) was possibly one of the greatest playoff accomplishments I've ever seen, unfortunately coming against my favorte team in the SB.

This year, he is just a stone cold killer, especially in the 4th quarter. And to take that beating he took against the 49er's and and still be able to win, amazing. I hate the Giants and pray the Pats crush them. But to say Eli Manning is not elite, is just complete ignorance and homerism. He's proven himself on the biggest stage, he's come up big time and time again. And I hate it, I hate the Mannings. What he's done this year may even be more astounding, especially if he finishes off on top (God forbid).

You said this much better than me, I applaud your verbal skills!

I hope, hope, hope the pats can win. But I don't think it will be easy. I hope it will be, but I think Eli is a pretty darn good qb! And calling him Elisha doesn't take that away. His longer term record compared to brady is meaningless. Just like Flacco's was.

People here were saying wacko Flacco couldn't hold a candle to Brady. That turned out not to really be the case.

Manning is pretty good, I think we pats fans fool ourselves to think otherwise.

Ah, so we're going to base everything on the last hour of football that we saw. Good to know. Flacco is a pimple on Brady's ass and one 'okay' game while the GOAT was having the worst playoff game of his career isn't going to change that.

If Flacco showed he could hold a candle to Brady by leading his team to 20 points in a loss (while getting 3 turnovers), then I welcome a similar showing by Eli.

That said, Eli has probably been the best non-top 3 QB over the last 6 weeks or so.

I would have to agree. Calling Eli an ELITE quarterback is like calling my Camry a well tuned race car. Eli is clutch, not ELITE.

Not quite "clutch", either.... more like "opportunistic".
He will ALWAYS be Eli's little brother.
He will ALWAYS be the benefactor of Lady Luck.
He's a one-hit wonder just like big brother.

It's just strange to say he isn't clutch. He's led a lot of 4th quarter comebacks. He's pretty unflappable in the biggest moments.

It's just strange to say he isn't clutch. He's led a lot of 4th quarter comebacks. He's pretty unflappable in the biggest moments.

Yeah, yeah.
Opportunistic is my call.
9-7 tells me he's not so great. Where was "clutch" over seven losses??

Yeah, yeah.
Opportunistic is my call.
9-7 tells me he's not so great. Where was "clutch" over seven losses??

You get that it's a team game, correct? And that there are many clutch players who play on middlin' & even losing teams?

U mean Peytons little brother

You get that it's a team game, correct? And that there are many clutch players who play on middlin' & even losing teams?

As long as you're gonna play the switch-a-roo, we can talk about golf, tennis and ping-pong.

It used to be about 'Lil Goober, now it's about "team"? LOL

Eli is a great QB IMO. There are just a few QB's (Brees & Rodgers) who he isn't on the same level with. I dare any one of his ballwashing fans to make an argument on how Eli is the same class as Brady,Rodgers or Brees.

Eli is a great QB IMO. There are just a few QB's (Brees & Rodgers) who he isn't on the same level with. I dare any one of his ballwashing fans to make an argument on how Eli is the same class as Brady,Rodgers or Brees.

Eli is as good as 9-7. He makes the most of the post-season, but he'll always be mediocre in my mind.
TFB has NEVER stooped as low as 9-7 as a pro, and we as Pats fans would demand his head on a pike if he did.

So if 9-7 is "great", then there are a TON of "great" ones out there to choose from.
:rolleyes:

Eli is as good as 9-7. He makes the most of the post-season, but he'll always be mediocre in my mind.
TFB has NEVER stooped as low as 9-7 as a pro, and we as Pats fans would demand his head on a pike if he did.

So if 9-7 is "great", then there are a TON of "great" ones out there to choose from.
:rolleyes:

Methinks TFB "stooped" to 9-7 in 2002 when we lost the division to the Jests on a tiebreaker. Just sayin'

No matter how ignorant this thread is, the combination of 'Elisha' and that picture made me laugh hard.

...lol... Elisha Manning hehehe

This is not Highlander. There can be more than one.

This has devolved into the usual stupid epeen battle.

This is not Highlander. There can be more than one.

This has devolved into the usual stupid epeen battle.

What is highlander's eppeen battle? a vidya game?

I don't play vidja games. I never owned a television, let alone a 'console'.
Help an old bastidge out?
After that, then I'll blast ya, senile blather or no!

Who cares what he is. He's the QB the Patriots are facing in the Superbowl with command of a highly talented and explosive receiver corp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back