PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can Someone Explain A Call To Me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheerforTom

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Near the beginning of the Denver/Pitt game, when Willie Parker fumbled and upon review the fumble was overturned. It was clear that as he fell he wasn't necessarily down when the ball jarred lose, but it was also clear that the ground hitting his wrist caused the fumble.

So if a player fumbles the ball because of the ground, but isn't 'legally' down yet, it's not a fumble?

I'm not challenging the call in any way, just trying to understand it. As far as I'm concerned, Denver deserves a few more crappy calls before the books are even ;). Thanks for any clarification

The player is down if any part of his body, other then the feet and hands, touches the ground. Technically he was down because his lower leg above the ankle contacted the ground, but the clearly visible contact was the forearm. Down by contact, good call. Too bad it wasn't more controversial for our friendly Bronco trolls.

Box_O_Rocks said:
Too bad it wasn't more controversial for our friendly Bronco trolls.

lol

Box_O_Rocks said:
The player is down if any part of his body, other then the feet and hands, touches the ground. Technically he was down because his lower leg above the ankle contacted the ground, but the clearly visible contact was the forearm. Down by contact, good call. Too bad it wasn't more controversial for our friendly Bronco trolls.

The right call was made. His forearm hit the ground before it came loose.

It was kind of silly that most every call today (both games) took forever and a day to settle. I guess at least the ref's are trying to make it right...from all the wrong they caused last week.

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl said:
The right call was made. His forearm hit the ground before it came loose.

It was kind of silly that most every call today (both games) took forever and a day to settle. I guess at least the ref's are trying to make it right...from all the wrong they caused last week.
I'd rather they made the effort like they did today then pulled the stupid stuff like they did last week. I just wonder what stories we'll hear out of Polian's competition committee this year?

Box_O_Rocks said:
I'd rather they made the effort like they did today then pulled the stupid stuff like they did last week. I just wonder what stories we'll hear out of Polian's competition committee this year?

I'm just glad this call was legit. I watched the game with the same guy that I watched the Pats game last week, neither of us understood the call and so the whole game he whined about that (crappy) call shifting the flow of the game. While they kinda deserve something like that, it's nice to hear they weren't favoured (again).

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes