PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can someone, anyone, answer this question please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobs My Uncle

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
When was the policy against videotaping (an opponent whilst on the sideline) implemented?

I recall reading that this rule was implemented in '05 and the memo re-enforcing the rule policy sent out again prior to the start of the '06 season but can't find confirmation anywhere.

If these dates are in fact true then the Pats SB wins occurred PRIOR to this policy taking effect. If so why is this at all an issue?

Further, why haven't any of the hot shot Pats media folk done due diligence on the time frame element to this? It would seem that if one of these hungry media folk found out that this policy didn't take place until after the Pats SB wins they'd have a major scoop on this very media worthy story ..........

When was the policy against videotaping (an opponent whilst on the sideline) implemented?

I recall reading that this rule was implemented in '05 and the memo re-enforcing the rule policy sent out again prior to the start of the '06 season but can't find confirmation anywhere.

If these dates are in fact true then the Pats SB wins occurred PRIOR to this policy taking effect. If so why is this at all an issue?

Further, why haven't any of the hot shot Pats media folk done due diligence on the time frame element to this? It would seem that if one of these hungry media folk found out that this policy didn't take place until after the Pats SB wins they'd have a major scoop on this very media worthy story ..........

have you ever heard of a scoop being a positive story? never. only bad news sells. and the memo came out prior to '07. nobody cares about defending the pats, because that story doesnt sell.

I'd like to see this as well.

Multiple people have said that there was no rule against videotaping from the sidelines in place during the Pats' Super Bowls. Can't verify it myself, but that's the word. I'm surprised that nobody in the national media has picked that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes