PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can someone answer this??

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
for all those who think about this running up the score nonsense .please answer this. 4th and 1 . is it classier to hit a FG or give the other D a chance to stop them on a QB sneak on 4th and 1.?
And if the skins think the game is over why is campbell out there running to score a TD ? and now they run an onside kick . why ?? Now with 20 secs remaining from their 1 yard line campbell is still throwing the ball . Why ??

and if you want to talk history...go back to the 2004 season and look at those peyton games..how many times they ran up the score on the lions and saints.i dont think colts did anything wrong and neither did the pats.

Re: Can someone answer this ??

for all those who think about this running up the score nonsense .please answer this. 4th and 1 . is it classier to hit a FG or give the other D a chance to stop them on a QB sneak on 4th and 1.?
And if the skins think the game is over why is campbell out there running to score a TD ? and now they run an onside kick . why ?? Now with 20 secs remaining from their 1 yard line campbell is still throwing the ball . Why ??

and if you want to talk history...go back to the 2004 season and look at those peyton games..how many times they ran up the score on the lions and saints.i dont think colts did anything wrong and neither did the pats.

This is just pre-emptive agony on your part because on some part what others think really bothers you. Just stop. Bill doens't care. The team doesn't care. They ran up the score because they are saying a big FU to all the whiners who said their 3 point SB wins were in question because of taped signals. Fine, now they can all question 40 point wins.

Fine, now they can all question 40 point wins.
Agreed!
One thing they won't say anymore is that TB is just a system QB.
How many years has he had to put up with that crap?

to your question:

i think kicking the field goal is dishonorable. that is cheap and running up the score.
that said, going for it with a deep vengeance is not really what Politeness Man had iin mind!!!! :cool: :rocker:

What is classy is to have your #2 QB score the TD.

If the only garbage we have to listen to for the rest of the games pertains the Pats running up the score, we should be very, very happy.

I paid big bucks for shrimp and sirloins, parking, tickets, beer...not one of the guys from the tailgate complained about "running up the score"...what do you think we sat in that ice locker for three hours for? Little Sally Plays Patty Cake football?

I remember Denver blasting us at home 20 years ago something like 44-10...don't remember any silly willies complaining about "they ran up the score"...I just remember being MAD...well, TODAY was a HAPPY day.I'll take 52-7 EVERY SINGLE GAME.

Last edited:
Of course the issue is that posters on this board have criticized the colts for years. Why? Because the colts kept Manning in to pad his stats and run up the score.

Of course the issue is that posters on this board have criticized the colts for years. Why? Because the colts kept Manning in to pad his stats and run up the score.

Seems to me that today we were padding the stats of Cassel and Eckel, not Brady.

This is one of the most puzzling things I've ever seen. How can any team ever argue that only ONE team should stop trying to score? Dallas wants to call a timeout but expects us to turn it over? Redskins want to try their damndest to score points in a hopeless game but want us to just play dead? Really wtf is wrong with people. It's all envy, period. Ignorantly trying to create flaws or issues that don't exist

Agreed!
One thing they won't say anymore is that TB is just a system QB.

He was for a while. I think when he made the transition there were some people who refused to see it. He also didn't have the weapons to highlight the transition to something you had to notice.

tomase adds more
http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/patriots/
… check out the game log for the Colts in their 31-7 victory over the Panthers today. Unlike the Patriots, who converted a pair of fourth downs and were still throwing 30-yard passes in the fourth quarter of their 52-7 victory over the Redskins, the Colts took a different approach.

On their final possession, which began with 9:40 remaining, backup quarterback Jim Sorgi threw a 9-yard pass to Reggie Wayne. Indy than ran on 10 straight plays before Sorgi threw an incompletion on fourth and 12 from the Carolina 25.

In fact, of the Colts’ 16 plays in the fourth quarter, 13 were runs.

It’s an interesting juxtaposition, to say the least. Then again, maybe it isn’t. To quote an e-mail from a bottom-line Patriots fan: “So the Colts have class and we have none. What’s your point?”

i guess he didnt listen to BB when he said they were limited to running 3 Wr's sets.

I guess the Pats are supposed to play "tea party" in the forth quarter now! this is friggin FOOTBALL!!! These guiys get paid lots of cash....as a fan, i want to see FOOTBALL played every freakin minute of the game! this is not POP warner football...this is real PRO FOOTBALL!! Does every team, player get ripped for playing for playing their hearts out? Are records not made and broken because a team or player is playing better than everyone else? I don't remember Payton or Dungy getting ripped like the Pats are when they were on their run for records! are we gonna have to feel bad after every game we win now? This stuff is getting highly annoying!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes