PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can Someone Answer This Question ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsRule

Banned
Reaction score
Why on earth was Kansas City so hot to trot for Herm Edwards.

This guy has done nothing in his career to warrent being sought after.

Am I missing something here,that team looked like the Jets tonight only in red.

Maybe it was from four years ago, when the Jets beat the Colts in the playoffs 41-0.

The Jets have turned out to be better off without him, and the Chiefs haven't improved since he got there.

He talks a good game during post game interviews so I would imagine he's really convincing during job interviews with team owners.

cause he is a loser

He sucks, how the hell did he have the balls to leave Green in. The guy didnt manage a first down till very late in the second quarter.

During is tenure, the Jets's won (when they won) "in spite of " Edwards not "because of" Edwards. God did he blow this afternoon....Indy loads up the box so instead of going 4 or 5 wide what does he do?...he keeps pounding it...STOOOPID!!!

Last edited:
Why on earth was Kansas City so hot to trot for Herm Edwards.

This guy has done nothing in his career to warrent being sought after.

Am I missing something here,that team looked like the Jets tonight only in red.

His great clock management?

I suppose it's because they had a "players' coach" in Vermeil and wanted someone similar. I'm sympathetic to the idea that you don't need an Army Drill Sergeant to win, but obviously it helps if that person can coach football (for instance, by reacting appropriately to what is happening on the field in the course of a game).

Has anyone seen enough of KC this season to explain to me how on earth they kept Denver out of the play-offs? On the evidence of that game alone, I would sack Herm tomorrow.

Last edited:
I suppose it's because they had a "players' coach" in Vermeil and wanted someone similar.
I certainly think there's that, and they were already familiar with Lovin' Touchin' Squeezin' Hermie Baby as a coach. (DB Coach for 5 years)

Interesting Hermie-Baby trivia from Wikipedia:

# Edwards was signed by current Chiefs General Manager Carl Peterson as a rookie free agent with the Philadelphia Eagles in 1977. Peterson served as the Eagles Director of Player Personnel at the time; twenty-nine years later, Peterson signed Edwards as the Chiefs' tenth head coach in 2006.

And after tonight.... alas (for us Dolt haters) this Wikipedia entry needs to be changed.
# Edwards is undefeated in the playoffs against coaches he has previously worked for, but winless against those he has not.

I don't think anyone can really answer that question... but I can try: I'm with the guy who suggested that he could probably slide through a job interview the way he slides through a press conference.

But seriously, we can't find 32 guys in a country of 300 million who are good and smart enough to figure out how to gameplan and call plays in an important football game???

He sucks, how the hell did he have the balls to leave Green in. The guy didnt manage a first down till very late in the second quarter.

(to further increase your point) it was actually late third quarter when they got their first 1st down

Nobody knows.

I truly don't believe he knows what play action pass is. Fine let the Dolts load up the box, play into it and hit your receivers that I gotta believe are wide open somewhere. At least Herm had Ty save this game from being a complete blow out.

I had a bad feeling about the game, when Vinitraitor's kickoff bounces into, and out of, the end zone - one yard before going out of bounds.

Then, when the Dolts' defense resembles a goal-line stand, KC's first 2 plays are straight-ahead dives. No flea-flicker, no play-action, no yards.

I then proceed to shut off the TV. Nothing to see here, folks.

"You play to win the game." Hello? Herm, you instead coach to not lose the game. Big difference, you coward. Thanks for absolutely nothing.

I will give Herm credit for one thing then bash him. THE DEFENSE (MAYBE JUST TY) TOTALLY CONFUSED PEYTON FOR THREE QUARTERS!!! The defensive gameplan worked!!! They had the Colts right where they needed them to be and the FREAKING OFFENSE COMPLETES ONLY TWO PASSES TO A WR IN THE WHOLE FREAKING GAME!!!.

Herm singlehandedly destroyed one of the most dangerous offenses in the NFL. Next year the Oline will be officialy past prime, there are no more WR, the QBs have a combined age of 422 (Jet fan trigonomitry). This aging group had a spark left this year, but it just went out. Herm wins 5-6 games next season as Gonzo walks away to join the Pats for a ring and LJ is left standing there with waisted talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back