Welcome to PatsFans.com

Can righties think for themselves?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +167 / 4 / -4

It strikes me as amazing that Kerry makes a fairly innocuous mistake, and it's a mistake only if you choose to interpret it like the right-wingers have chosen to interpret it. The Republican political machine immediately jumps on it -- clearly they were waiting for something, anything they could use -- and the story is picked up first by right-wing blogs and radio, then by the President himself in a clearly coordinated political strategy. That's all fine. That's politics. But, what's amazing is how the righties on this site, like true soldiers, immediately follow the lead. It's impressive in the same way the Nazis and Communists were impressive the way they blindly followed whatever their leaders told them. It's just too bad that some of these followers seem incapable of thinking for themselves. But, then again, the Repugs obviously did this to motivate their base, not to win any converts.
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +334 / 1 / -9

God Bless America

Kill Them Before They Kill You

Fight Them In Iraq Not In Baltimore

Dear God Father In Heaven Let Us Kill The Bastards Dead

God Is Great Kill
  3. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

A lot of ex military dislake Kerry due to his consistent history of slandering soldiers that goes back over 39 years. They bekieve this sort of statement is a freudian slip revealing his true feelings whihc are contemptious towards soldiers.

I found it funny that even as Kerry ckained he was misunderstood, many liberials on this board were in agreement about his contention that sokdiers are the dregs of society.
  4. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Freudian slips?

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

"You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror." --George W. Bush, interview with CBS News' Katie Couric, Sept. 6, 2006
  5. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Who would Jesus Bomb?
    What country would Jesus invade?
    Exactly how much of a tax cut would Jesus give to the richest 1% of Americans?

Get real....you've been had...and all for the thought of a tax cut, really....
  6. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You lefties are just lost at this point. With a fairly unpopular war going on and a basically inarticulate President, you guys should be kicking our behinds and yet you continually put yourselves in position to distance yourselves from mainstream America time and time again.

Cue Howie Dean's YEAHHHHRRRGGHHHHHH!!!!
  7. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +167 / 4 / -4

By the same skewed logic, I suppose many of the righties on this site can take credit for championing views that have led to the deaths of 3000 soldiers. If that isn't love, what is?
  8. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Not sure if you've been watching the numbers over the last 6 months to today. The Democrats had no chance to take the house 6 months ago. I heard no fear in the words of republican broadcasters.

Now I hear it differently: (From Larry King Live)http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0610/30/lkl.01.html

DAVID GERGEN, FMR. WHITE HOUSE ADVISOR TO PRESIDENTS NIXON, FORD, REAGAN AND CLINTON: All politics is local except when they're not and this is an election when they're not.

You know there is momentum on the Democratic side. There has been for the last few months. The Bush administration is in a trough. It hasn't been able to climb out and that's affecting races, not just the House, not just the Senate. There are some gubernatorial races that are being affected by this too. It's striking that there are more Democratic ads carrying pictures of President Bush than there are Republican ads carrying pictures of the president.

Laura INGRAHAM: I really don't know, Larry. I'm not a good predictor. I tend to think the media hype about how it's the Democrats are going to blow the Republicans off the face of the earth. I tend to think that that's been really over-blown. And I think the turnout machine is going to be pretty significant for the Republicans.

Maybe hold the Senate, maybe lose the House. But I think this hype is way, way over-done.

do you smmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeell what Laura Ingram is cooking?
  9. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +307 / 4 / -2

This is comical. Frauders is all bent out of shape because his stooge John Dopey may have well screwed up the free lunch the GOP has been handing them. HA! How funny. The Dems entire ticket is based on criticism, yet, the moment they are criticized, they can't take it.

Does somebody need tissue?

[​IMG]