PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can Patriots go undefeated and return to Super Bowl?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want 19-0. No, strike that. I want 37-1, 2007-2008. :rocker:

Ditto.

Nothing would be a greater FU to everyone. Nothing.

Of course I wouldn't mind going 15-1, 14-2, etc. But nothing beats 16-0. We've shown it's possible to do that in the regular season. Now let's complete the story.

To anyone who is "tired" of perfection, why?!? Do you like losing?

Losing the Super Bowl was not exciting to me.

Chasing perfection didn't make the O-line collapse or make the defense miss multiple sacks and picks. It didn't make the Giants catch incredible breaks.

The stress would be quadrupled over this year for the players and the intensity of the opposition would be magnified all year long.

There are too many trips to the west coast. I can see a loss to SD and maybe Seattle. And of course there is the annual obligatory loss to the Dolphins in Miami. This year was an exception because of their lousy team but they will be disciplined enough to hang on this year.

I will be happy with 3 losses and a SB win.

Think "Brady is my meal ticket for another 5+ years" like Bill does and don't draft players you don't need if there's other excellent talent available at a needed position ... like Bill doesn't.

Brady would be any coach's 'meal ticket' for the next 5+ years.

Should he do it the way the Colts have done it? Blow a bunch of money on a small handful of players, build through the draft and hope they perform before they can get a bigger deal elsewhere?
That's got them a bunch of 12 win seasons, a bunch of one & dones, and a single, solitary SB ring.

If not the Colts, then what other team is doing it better than the Pats since 2000?
What other team has won 3 out of it's 4 SB appearances?
What other team has been to 5 out of 7 of it's conference championship games?

Bill should start a new FU tour: FU to those who keep harping about perfection. Play his second stringers every game until the Pats lose. Only after a loss, put the first stringers back in.

Brady would be any coach's 'meal ticket' for the next 5+ years.
Should he do it the way the Colts have done it? Blow a bunch of money on a small handful of players, build through the draft and hope they perform before they can get a bigger deal elsewhere?
That's got them a bunch of 12 win seasons, a bunch of one & dones, and a single, solitary SB ring.

If not the Colts, then what other team is doing it better than the Pats since 2000?
What other team has won 3 out of it's 4 SB appearances?
What other team has been to 5 out of 7 of it's conference championship games?

I don't know. You would have thought the same thing about Peyton, but ask Jim Mora how that went...

Chasing perfection didn't make the O-line collapse or make the defense miss multiple sacks and picks. It didn't make the Giants catch incredible breaks.

Exactly. I don't see why people blame it on being 18-0. I guess at 17-0 the OL was fine, but when they hit 18 they all started sh!tting themselves.

Never going to happen. With a game at San Diego next year, the Pats are guaranteed at least one loss.

Last edited:
Never going to happen. With a game at San Diego next year, the Pats are guaranteed at least one loss.

haha. ok pal. no ones ever guaranteed a win or a loss. and what makes you think it gonna be against San Diego?? You have a great team, but considering weve owned you as of late, I think your line of thinking is a little off.

You're about 6 months early for Charger trolls.

Hey look it's the San Diego Chargers Super Bowl Trophy Case....

AlphaTrophyCase.jpg

Let's just take it one game at a time. :)

That's right! Like LT said, the Chargers would beat the Pats 9 times out of 10---errr make that 8 times--oh wait nope that would be 7, or are we down to 6? He probably was misquoted...

Maybe it did.

They were flat, coaching Oline, defense on the last drive (d played well, but this wasn't the Colts offense either).

I think a good case could be made that distractions and wasting a lot of energy in what would have been meaningless pre playoff games, caused them to relax when the phony goal was reached, and come out flat in the game that counted.

Yea, this thread is comical. Undefeated?? What an arrogant attitude.

Why is it arrogant? As a fan we want our team to win every game. This is not a new concept...

Why is it arrogant? As a fan we want our team to win every game. This is not a new concept...

Well then i guess every team in the NFL should think that way.

Well then i guess every team in the NFL should think that way.

Sure. Nothing wrong with fans feeling their team has a chance to win every game on its schedule...teams for that matter as well. But of course the Pats will take it one game at a time. With that one game at a time attitude, im sure they and most teams (at least the successful ones do) go into every game believing you can win.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye