PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can Joe Horn be a "Pats type" player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is not a better player than Aiken (assuming he returns) and Washington at 4 and 5. If we add one, make it Ventrone.

How about CJ and a #2 for Boldin? Feasible? CJ gets a new start and Boldin is the longer term answer to Moss' age. I think the Cards give CJ a shot because he is on the cheap and Fitzgerald has a whopper contract. That would still leave Gaffney as a 40 catch #4 WR I believe.
People giggled when I said go for Shockey for a #two (which we have two) and a #six. A healthy Shockey is better than what we have.
DW Toys

Shockey can't shut up, and he freelances his routes. He also cries about having to block. There's no way he's better than what we have when it comes to fitting this team.

Shockey can't shut up, and he freelances his routes. He also cries about having to block. There's no way he's better than what we have when it comes to fitting this team.
I agree..Shockey is no Patriot ever..I think one of the reasons the Giants surged at the end was no big mouth Shockey..

I've always thought Horn was overrated. So he pulled a cell phone out of a goal post and all of a sudden he's a superstar. BFD.

NOOOOOOOOO.... Horn is like Johnson is like Owens is like Glenn is like Irving (Fryar)... don't need that here.

NOOOOOOOOO.... Horn is like Johnson is like Owens is like Glenn is like Irving (Fryar)... don't need that here.

I don't like Horn, but you know who else's name would have been on that list 18 months ago.

Maybe I missed something, but when did the Pats have a need to pick up another receiver? Especially an over the hill look-at-me diva that thinks he's still a #1 guy?

At this point of his career Horn has the attitude of a Chad Johnson with the skills of a Charles Rogers.

Last edited:
I don't like Horn, but you know who else's name would have been on that list 18 months ago.

Thats true, but to be honest I never thought of Moss as a loudmouth primma donna like the others listed. I never really knew much of Moss before he joined the Pats other than he had a couple of great seasons with the Vikings and then slacked off playing for a team he knew was going nowhere.

He never really stuck out his neck and made a fool of himself like the others listed... imo.

Thats true, but to be honest I never thought of Moss as a loudmouth primma donna like the others listed. I never really knew much of Moss before he joined the Pats other than he had a couple of great seasons with the Vikings and then slacked off playing for a team he knew was going nowhere.

He never really stuck out his neck and made a fool of himself like the others listed... imo.

I agree, we're just talking about reps here.

he might be an option for the browns, but i do think the cowboys will take a look at him and maybe seattle. the jets prob will also, i dont think the pats will take him

he might be an option for the browns, but i do think the cowboys will take a look at him and maybe seattle. the jets prob will also, i dont think the pats will take him

I'd actually be down if BB was actually thinking of taking a shot at Joe Horn. Horn just doesnt seem to be a BB type player. Think about it, BB has never taking a prima donna player. Some people might say Corey Dillon and Moss are prima donna's but honestly, both of them just wanted to WIN. They used some stunts to go to a winning team. UNLIKE Horn, CJ, etc who all make it all about themselves.

And I've never seen BB to get a player that is all about himself.

I'd actually be down if BB was actually thinking of taking a shot at Joe Horn. Horn just doesnt seem to be a BB type player. Think about it, BB has never taking a prima donna player. Some people might say Corey Dillon and Moss are prima donna's but honestly, both of them just wanted to WIN. They used some stunts to go to a winning team. UNLIKE Horn, CJ, etc who all make it all about themselves.

isnt he the guy who pulled out the cell phone after scoring a td? he seems like an attention whore to me and i agree that is not a BB type player

Wasn't what Chad Johnson wanted was just to go to a winning team?

the tennessean newspaper is reporting that horns agent contacted the titans, and THEY didnt even want him. now there's a team that needs some vet experience at wr. So im guessing, and hoping that we wouldnt even consider him.

There are no positives about signing Joe Horn.

From a football standpoint or a personality standpoint.

I heard that Herman Moore and Antonio Freeman were also available.

I really think we should bring those guys in first.

Why do we think we need another receiver?

If we are desparate, then bring back Troy Brown. I don't think we are desparate.

Moss, Welker, Gaffney, Washington, Aiken, Jackson. If you don't like those bring back Bam Childress. Actually, I like Ray Ventrone and CJ Jones better than Jackson and I don't really like them.

K. Washington seems like a good #4 potential, and I have a nagging feeling Jackson gets a another year of tryouts.

I actually just heard that Shawn Jefferson and Wayne Chrebet were looking for a team. we should jump on that one imo

Why do we think we need another receiver?

If we are desparate, then bring back Troy Brown. I don't think we are desparate.

Moss, Welker, Gaffney, Washington, Aiken, Jackson. If you don't like those bring back Bam Childress. Actually, I like Ray Ventrone and CJ Jones better than Jackson and I don't really like them.

Agreed. I think the Patriots are set ay WR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back