PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can I get a little respect next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr.NathanDrake - You weren't the first person to say something nice about Jones. There had been others previously. Including myself in the Board's mock draft.

The idea that Bequette will be better than Coples is just your opinion and certainly not fact. The idea that BB was thinking the way you do is a huge stretch since Coples is going to be a DE for the Jets and not an OLB. Also, Coples was off the board to the Jets before the Pats 1st pick.

Many people said that Spikes would be a beast.. Not sure how that makes you so great..

And your threads on Ninkovich and Welker destroy any sort of credibility you might have had..

For once I concur totally.

1.Given the fact that none of these guys have played a snap, I wouldn't start getting smug because Your binkies got selected.

2. This just comes across as a smug 'victory' thread. Not really needed.

I posted on a few of your threads...now I didn't see a great deal of 'disrespect' from others...I saw disagreement. How you take it reflects more on yourself.

Last edited:
You could be wrong about everything and be highly respected. You could be right about everything and hated. If you keep starting threads before you think things through then you are not going to be liked. If you constantly start threads or constantly go against the grain and have controversial opinions you are not going to get respect.

My advice: Bit your tongue/keypad and don't post every controversial opinion that you have. Don't take it to heart when somebody disagrees with you.

You could be wrong about everything and be highly respected. You could be right about everything and hated. If you keep starting threads before you think things through then you are not going to be liked. If you constantly start threads or constantly go against the grain and have controversial opinions you are not going to get respect.

My advice: Bit your tongue/keypad and don't post every controversial opinion that you have. Don't take it to heart when somebody disagrees with you.

So I should have a sheep herd mentality like everyone? LOL!

If anyone here is not a fan of "going against the grain" then you are a fan of the wrong team!

Its fine to hype yourself when you are right. Its only natural, But I'd give you more respect if you were as upfront with your mistakes, and your Ninkovich opinion was a wrong as it could be, and you still can't bring yourself to admit it.

I did admit he isn't the worst starter.... but let's not act like he's a Demarcus Ware clone. Ninkovich is average at best. Not good. Not great. Just average.

BB drafting 3 players to compete for his playing time speaks volumes. If Ninkovich were as good as some ppl here think, the Pats wouldn't have just drafted 3 players to compete for playing time with him.

Another thing being neglected is that Ninko was a 34 OLB when I made that thread and didn't play much 43 OLB like he did last season (where he looked much better).

People wouldn't be complaining about our pass rush if Ninko were half as good as some ppl here think.

Pats fans complain about the pass rush, scream for BB to draft new pass rushers, and then defend Ninkovich. It's homerism at it's finest.

Last edited:

If anyone here is not a fan of "going against the grain" then you are a fan of the wrong team!

You see there you go with the 'You are wrong' attitude. I was only trying to help you out and you laugh at it like its ridiculous. Then when people do that to you, you get all insulted and feel as if you are not appreciated.

I think the best way to put it is this;

If you're going to go against the grain then accept people may disagree...and yes, maybe even ridicule you...and don't get all sensitive about it. IMO you overreacted to a few people's comments on your threads. Finally, don't act like a smug b*astard when you get a couple of picks right....especially a day after he's picked and we don't know if he's going to pan out.

FYI no one gives respect when demanded of it and youll be the one with egg on your face if you've jumped the gun and someone like Bequette does turn out to be a bust!

Stop making knee-jerk threads and you'll be on the right track.

I may go against popular opinion. But Ive consistently been correct in my projections while the people bashing me have been wrong. Can I get a little respect next year when I talk about draft picks?

*awaits sarcastic and smart ass replies*
"What I do want is for you to stand there in that girlie white uniform and with your prep school mouth extend me some freakin' courtesy."

Regards,

Wes Welker

I did admit he isn't the worst starter.... but let's not act like he's a Demarcus Ware clone. Ninkovich is average at best. Not good. Not great. Just average.

DeMarcus Ware is a Jack OLB in a 1-gapping 3-4 system. Rob Ninkovich is a SLB in a 4-3, a WOLB in a 3-4 2-gap, and a DE in a 4-3 nickel. HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY COMPARE THE TWO?

Name me better 4-3 SLB's that also can play DE in the Nickel. Only one comes to mind and that is Von Miller.

SLB is not some blitz crazy position. Your responsibilities on most plays will be the TEs.

So you were wrong about Ninkovich, Cunningham improved enough to be starting by the end of his rookie season and was hurt last year, you were one of dozens of people who liked Jones better than Branch (you act like you're the only one), you perhaps bandwagoned Pastdoer on Bequette.

Tons of posters love Spikes and think he's a beast and thought that when he was drafted.

Please post every thread where you were wrong. That I would respect.

Keep posting your opinion. If its well reasoned, people will acknowledge that.

These threads are about how each of us interprets the capability and performance of players. Something even coaches/media/fan debate vigorously. So without demanding uniformity, I for one welcome your postings, even if they r unorthodox, out-of-the-box, and thought-provoking.

Keep it up.

You don't deserve any credit for the Jones pick. If you had your way, the Pats wouldn't have had the pick that they traded up from in the first place. And two and a half weeks ago, you preferred Upshaw.
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/98/896889-i-hated-last-years-draft.html
1b) Traded to New Orleans. WHY? We sure could've used a big 34DE/43DT like Cameran Heyward or Muhammad Wilkerson that were available in this spot. 1 year later and a 34 DE like the two mentioned above is still a big need for the future. With Mike Wright, Shaun Ellis, G.Warren all likely to retire... it would be more comforting going into next year with a DE that has a year of experience rather than looking for another rookie in this years draft. This year by the way is lacking in 34 DEs. This is the 2nd year which we've started playoff games with Love and Deaderick. Yes both of them are serviceable, but both could also be upgraded. Wilfork was doubled in the SB, and nobody else on our DLine could make a play. BB traded this pick into the future, when we needed it for this past season.
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...09962-who-would-you-mad-about-bb-passing.html
Courtney Upshaw - Falling draft stock due to questions about his athletic ability. Jets apparently like him at #16. If they don't draft him, he could slip to us at #27. His game tape speaks for itself. The guy is a football player and has experience in a similar 34 scheme. Elephant OLB in our scheme, and can play with his hand in the dirt as a 43 DE. Wont be a superstar, but will be an upgrade over what we have now and a solid player for years to come.

Well I wasn't going to say anything, but I also deserve a pat on the back because I predicted that we would draft Jones, Hightower, Wilson, Bequette, the rugby playing hombre, Dennard and the WR whose name I can't remember. And I predicted it would be in that order.

Sure, I didn't tell anyone that this was my prediction and I never wrote it on the internet or elsewhere, but it shows that I'm a superubermega football genius who knows more than everyone else and I deserve respect d%#*!@t.

So, in summary, instead of gaining more respect by starting this thread he has, in fact, forced even more ridicule and disagreement on his own behalf.

Give me a pat on the back too because I made so many different mocks and predictions over the last 5 months I reckon I hit on just about every pick ;) Jesus. Mike Reiss put it best when he said that when analysing the draft, you make so many different predictions that your bound to hit on something.

Top work.

Last edited:
Can I get a little respect next year when I talk about draft picks?
Do you think that the deserve respect for this?
I brought up stats which showed how something like only 4/14 of our 2nd rd picks since 2006 turned out decently.
I replied.

For the record, and for the people who liked the post, I count 11 second-round picks since 2006 here

Patriots draft database, 2000 - 2010 - Boston.com

Since we cannot evaluate last year's picks yet, it is really 9, not 14.

I think Rob Gronkowski, Sebastian Vollmer, Brandon Spikes, Patrick Chung count as rather more than decent, and I believe the best that any general manager does with second-round picks over a period of time is about 50%.

Well I wasn't going to say anything, but I also deserve a pat on the back because I predicted that we would draft Jones, Hightower, Wilson, Bequette, the rugby playing hombre, Dennard and the WR whose name I can't remember. And I predicted it would be in that order.

Sure, I didn't tell anyone that this was my prediction and I never wrote it on the internet or elsewhere, but it shows that I'm a superubermega football genius who knows more than everyone else and I deserve respect d%#*!@t.

For posts like this, you have mine, UN. :)

27523_113641501992366_5566_q.jpg

You can use this as an avatar.

I don't think that you were more right than many others and I don't think they will be starting "look at me" threads. But this one can continue in a different location.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes