PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can Hernandez break Ben Coates 1994 TE record of 1,174 yards\?

Status
Not open for further replies.
if Hernandez can average close to 100 yards per game..... Then I say absolutely.:)

put me down for Yes

With RM gone he has a great chance.

as long as he is healthy all year, absolutely.

Last edited:
I think Hernandez could do it. Probably not this year though. I think he will be a Gates type of Te.

I strongly doubt that Hernandez ever blocks as well as Gates. Hes much smaller.

With RM gone he has a great chance.

I think Moss being gone lowers his chances personally.

I just don't see the underneath stuff being as open as it has been, although my guess is Brady takes a ton of deep shots in the next 2 or 3 games

I think Hernandez for a 4th round pick was excellent value. In the 2nd round I'd still rather have Gronk because he is an all-around TE who also makes impact with his passing game. Getting BOTH? Wow that is TE nirvana. BB appears to have hit the jackpot twice in the 2010 draft in the TE category.

I think Hernandez easily gets 800+ yards receiving this year which would be one of the best starts for any Pats rookie TE ever.

I think Moss being gone lowers his chances personally.

I just don't see the underneath stuff being as open as it has been, although my guess is Brady takes a ton of deep shots in the next 2 or 3 games
I think they will also use AH as a wide out on top of TE. So he could have many more chances.

I think they will also use AH as a wide out on top of TE. So he could have many more chances.

I also think he will have more chances. They'll need him as a play maker out there as much as possible. The catches won't be easy though (ie his long catch against the Bengals). Teams will use that safety they had on Moss to cover or double cover Hernandez. He'll need to find more ways to get open.

You guys are talking about the Pats team TE record right? Because Tony Gonzalez has 3 season with more yards.

Re: Can Hernandez break Ben Coates 1994 TE record of 1,174 yards ?

NO, Coats was Bledsoe's only real pass catching threat.

This is the only fact that matters. The answer is NO!

However... Hehehe! Hernandez could be a totally awesome pro bowler!
Jeez! Like that's all the Pats apponents need... Hernandez on one side and Gronkowski on the other. WooHoo!

You guys are talking about the Pats team TE record right? Because Tony Gonzalez has 3 season with more yards.

Yeah, its the Pats record. But Hernadez will shatter TG's record as well.

Can Hernandez break Coates' record of 1,174? Answer: Yes, if he gets 1,175 or more yards. I hope that helps. :)

This new math is driving me crazy ! :bricks:

As long as he doesn't make the SI cover he has a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes