PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can Fins beat Colts in Indy? I want No. 3 seed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tunescribe

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Now that we have a chance to get the No. 3 seed, I hope BB goes for it. That means pulling out all the stops to beat Tennessee and HOPING Miami beats Indy. I know the latter is a long-shot; maybe BB helps Saban with a few tips? I just think we have a better chance in Baltimore than in San Diego, provided we get past the first round, of course.

Consider these second-round outcomes: If we beat the Ravens and Indy beats San Diego, we host the AFCC vs. the Colts. At home, in the cold (snow?) with Maroney and Dillon vs. that defense ...

On the flip side, seeing the Colts going back to Baltimore in a playoff game would be classic.

i think we will have seed n.4

i do not expect a MIA win @ IND

but...let's hope...

It all comes down to whether BB believes the third seed is achievable and preferable to the fourth seed. If he's content to sit at No. 4, he'll rest our guys. Or, maybe he goes for it (or not) depending on how the Dolphins are doing against Indy. Too bad both games are at 1 p.m.

imho BB will play the starters in Nasville the first quarter, then...stop...

he will think at the first (and not the last) 2006 play-offs game

and for me it will be the correct way to act

i am very happy about our season- 11-4 ! wow...

grandi Patriots !

just worry about our game and our future..no need to calculate what might happen ..its a recipe for failure...too many ifs., if miami beats indy, if we get 3 seed , if we beat baltimore...

at this pt we should be willing to play anyone so BB will and should do what he thinks best to win 3 games...

It all comes down to whether BB believes the third seed is achievable and preferable to the fourth seed. If he's content to sit at No. 4, he'll rest our guys. Or, maybe he goes for it (or not) depending on how the Dolphins are doing against Indy. Too bad both games are at 1 p.m.

While I don't like the idea of the coaches thinking about seeding (read: they should play EVERY game to win - that Miami game we intentionally threw at the end of last year sucked!), it's fun for fan spec!

("Spec", by the way, means "speculation". There was some confusion on that earlier in the year on this board!)

If the playoffs started today, we'd be the 4th seed and we'd play Denver at Foxboro.

The Jets (assuming they win tonight) would travel to Indy in the #6 @ #3 matchuo, correct?

If both of those assumptions are true, I would much rather be the #3 seed and host the Jets as opposed to Denver.

Shanahan & Cutler in the playoffs scare me a lot more than Man-gina and Pennington!

ADPF

I think we'll be the 4 seed because Indy will beat Miami at home. Either way, it is going to be a very tough 2nd round game for whichever two AFC teams are going into SD and Baltimore. They are clearly the 2 teams playing the best football in the league right now.

If I had to pick which one I'd rather play in the second round - give me San Diego. Rivers is playing terrible and will be making his first playoff start. Plus, they are still coached by Marty and if it is a close game he will have them playing scared and conservative - he doesn't know any other way. And with a QB who is suddenly completing 33% of his passes of late, he probably has no choice.

If it snows in phoenix, MIami will beat Indy.

Hey, with global warming don't bet against it. We haven't seen one flake yet in the Boston area.

Well...If Jason Taylor sacks Manning a few times they may pull him so he don't get hurt.
Miami can win that game. Depends on if they have any pride I image

Miami is just the kind of team Indy does NOT want to play with what is at stake for them. Indy might get a 1st round bye with a win but they might also have to play thier starters against a team that is playing with nothing to lose. What if they lose a starter or two?

IMO, I think BB will accept his fate as the #4 seed and let Matt Cassell play let the starters watch the game from the sidelines. I bet heath Evans has 20 carries and Bam Childress and Jabar Gaffney have 8 catches each.

Unless, the Colts get behind early and the Pats can move up to the #3 seed with a win.

If it snows in phoenix, MIami will beat Indy.

Indy lost to Houston and Houston a hell of a lot worst then Miami.

I expect BB will keep Brady in for a half; give Brown some rest and give Jackson a chance to try to work out some feel with Brady and for Gaffney and Thomas to continue to develop their rapports. Rest anybody who is ailing - e.g., continue using RB by committee until Heath Evans gets a bucketload of carries in the second half. It will be like the 3rd week of pre-season where guys who could use some reps Andrews, Sanders and maybe Harrison get reps in the secondary; Marquise Hill might get into a highlight reel even (trying to catch Young, likely).

I do think Miami can win in Indy by pressuring Manning into wishing it was the next week. Frankly, I'd be more concerned with Baltimore in round 2 than Denver at home in Round 1, so I'm happy with a 4 seed (I'm happy with any seed; yesterday looked like classic Pats).

Miami can beat Indy, not saying that they will, but they can. If Ronnie Brown is back healthy and Harrington does not make mistakes, their defense is good enough to limit the Colts scoring.

But, we have to beat Tenn before that means anything.

Well the Colts are in a tailspin. I don't think it's farfetched to think the Phins might win by a figgie.

Pats game against Titans is far from a gimme. The Tites are one of the hottest teams in the NFL right now. Vince Young is scary.

Here's what would suck: Miami beats the Colts and we lose to Tennessee. I really want to get that third seed. I think we have a better shot at the SB going through Baltimore in the second round than San Diego.

BB is going to do what best for the team....Rest player who are bang up and give player some playing time.....Maimi can beat the Manning....There are pro....playing for there jobs and self respect.....Noway Maimi is going to lay down.....GO PATS!!!!!:rocker:

A lot of this speculation should wait until tonight's Miami-Jets game. If the Dolphins win, it might galvanize them more to help them play better against the Colts next week.

I stated this on another thread, but if the Colts do lose to Miami, we should play to win and try for the three seed. It would help us avoid Denver at home, send Denver to get slaughtered in Indianapolis, and could lead to us hosting the AFC title game against Indianapolis (if we went to Baltimore and won, and San Diego chokes at home against the Colts).

Bob G

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye