PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can find a real WR in the draft??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
We now have 2 converted QB into wr , both made plays last night... But why cant this team find a solid WR in the draft, not since deion and david have we had one... I was pleased with Stenback, last night.. he also made some blocks... Eldeman is a wes welker clone..

Brandon Tate says HI..

I still think we will see some innovation from Edelman this year...

I have a better question, why can't we draft a pass rushing OLB or DE.

How about a reliable young BIG short-yardage running back instead, so that 3rd and short does not have to be a passing down? I'm not talking all-world ability here, just size and strength plus an ability to hold onto the ball. A poor man's Mike Alstott or a better Heath Evans?

Last edited:
There's a kind named Gerhardt who is really tearing things up this year.. I'd love for the Pats to draft him. He should be a late 2nd or 3rd round pick after all the juniors declare.

trade sanders..Move up in the draft and get the best and most economical ($$) DE and OLB in the draft...If we can get them in the top-10/15 we should do it. How can Banta-Cain be our best Pass Rusher and Green is not coming back..
We have Tate, Edelman and possibly Nunn to look at..

How about a reliable young BIG short-yardage running back instead, so that 3rd and short does not have to be a passing down? I'm not talking all-world ability here, just size and strength plus an ability to hold onto the ball. A poor man's Mike Alstott or a better Heath Evans?

I have no ******* clue why we let Big Heath go.

No need to look. Edelman is the new #3 wide receiver. Brady loves him.

Vrabel, Phifer, Bruschi, McGinest, Johnson etc. What do these guys have in common? They could get to the freaking QB.

My key areas of importance

1. A frigging pass rushing beast.
2. A proper feature back.
3. A wideout.

I believe both Pierre Garcon and Austin Collie went undrafted.

I believe both Pierre Garcon and Austin Collie went undrafted.

Collie went in the 4th round (pick 127), about where he was predicted to go. Garcon went undrafted.

I think Tate will be great for us in the long run, and I'm not unhappy with the pick.

But the guy I was hyping all last offseason as a 3rd-4th round WR was Mike Wallace, who Pittsburgh took #84 one pick after Tate. Through 9 gaves he has 26 receptions for 454 yards (17.4 average), and has been huge for Pittsburgh in the clutch. It would have been great to have that kind of 3rd WR option this year.

I think Tate will be great for us in the long run, and I'm not unhappy with the pick.

But the guy I was hyping all last offseason as a 3rd-4th round WR was Mike Wallace, who Pittsburgh took #84 one pick after Tate. Through 9 gaves he has 26 receptions for 454 yards (17.4 average), and has been huge for Pittsburgh in the clutch. It would have been great to have that kind of 3rd WR option this year.
Or we simply could have kept Stallworth or Gaffney?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots