PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can Dan Morgan play 3-4 ILB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dryheat44

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
I've always liked his game, and have wondered if he could play in the 3-4. He seems to be aggressive enough. Since he's now a free agent, coming off several concussions, is it possible we could lure him here on a cheap deal? I don't think anybody's giving him a huge contract based on his injury history. He'd be our new Ted Johnson, allowing a nice veteran rotation.

Thoughts about Morgan if Bruschi and/or Seau retire (Seau appears to have a lot of gas left in the tank) If they both return?

Last edited:
I think Bruschi and Seau both return, they both love the game and have shown they still have something left. The only way I see them not returning is if they want to spend a lot more time with their family.

I've always liked his game, and have wondered if he could play in the 3-4. He seems to be aggressive enough. Since he's now a free agent, coming off several concussions, is it possible we could lure him here on a cheap deal? I don't think anybody's giving him a huge contract based on his injury history. He'd be our new Ted Johnson, allowing a nice veteran rotation.

Thoughts about Morgan if Bruschi and/or Seau retire (Seau appears to have a lot of gas left in the tank) If they both return?

Yes he can. He's 6'2'' 245-250 and hes better suited an inside player anyway. He has always been good at shedding blocks and making the big play. Reads offenses well and plays to the whistle.

His big knock is staying healthy which he has never been able to do.

Dan Morgan was credited with 25 tackles in Super Bowl 38 as a crazy good stat.

Theres no doubt he can play,my concern is that he Could be the Trent Green of linbackers.

I doubt he could last 3 games before getting hurt.

He should think about retiring before he winds up the poster child forwhat happens when NFL players hang on too long.

I doubt he could last 3 games before getting hurt.

He should think about retiring before he winds up the poster child forwhat happens when NFL players hang on too long.

But why would we need to pressure him to be out there every play? We dont need him to be THE guy we need him to be A guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing