Welcome to PatsFans.com

Can Brady now offer Financial Incentives to teammates for a Perfect Season?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by JoeSixPat, Nov 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +58 / 2 / -0

I've been waiting for a resolution to Green Bay's "Bounty Gate" saga... I've not heard that the NFL has comedown hard on them or even offered a slap on the wrist yet. Seems to me that judging by the NFL's silence its ok for Brady and the Patriots to do the same thing now.

Whether its $500, $5,000 or $50,000 seems to me the principle is the same... so if and when Goodell turns a blind eye to Green Bay's bounties - or otherwise slaps them on the wrist - then Brady should have the "all clear" to offer some good sized bounties to his lesser paid teammates to further inspire them to remain "perfect".

Brady can afford $50k "bonuses" to some of his lesser paid teammates. Maybe Seymour wants to kick in a few bucks too? The immortality they'd gain, not to mention the endorsement deals would more than pay for their investment.

I say this half tongue in cheek but given my expectation that the League doesn't care as much about the Packers and other teams breaking rules as they do about the Patriots, there's no reason why the Patriots shouldn't do the same thing the Packers are.

2. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +322 / 5 / -5

My understanding is that season-long incentives that don't involve specific teams or specific players have always been considered OK. In other words, if Brady were to offer his OLs new trucks if they go 19-0, that would be perfectly legal, as far as the NFL is concerned. If he had made the same offer before the season, it'd be OK. But it's not OK for him to make it dependent on, say, recording 10 pancake blocks against the Eagles.
  3. ColtinIraq

ColtinIraq Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

So - kind of like buying their pride or professionalism.
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2007
  4. PatsSteve1

PatsSteve1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

So if the Packers DB's had offered the $500 anytime they held ANY RB under 100 yards that'd be OK? The thing seems over blown but Goodell seems to go overboard anyway. The NFL is getting rule crazy.
  5. Brady to Brown

Brady to Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I don't think you should say anything on this matter.

Your QB does Birthday party's as long as the $ is right. :eek:
  6. AStack75

AStack75 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

[​IMG]
  7. Jr.

Jr. Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Less than a month remove from the Superbowl???!!!! Wow!!!! All the money Manning made over his career and what he was making at that moment, 200K for a SWEET 16???!!!! He Could Have Done it for free atleast
  8. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Didn't the Pats promise not to franchise Samuel again if he plays a certain percentage or they win a certain number of games?
    -----------------------------------------
    Management to agent," we won't franchise him if the team wins between eleven and fifteen games..."
    Agent - " That's great, we'll take it. He'll be in camp tomorrow"
    Management to BB- " Now go out and win all 16 so we can franchise him again"
  9. FrontSeven

FrontSeven Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Have you been under a rock your whole life?
  10. AStack75

AStack75 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If he plays 60 percent of the defensive snaps or New England wins 12 games, Samuel will not be franchised again next year.
  11. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +660 / 5 / -14

#61 Jersey

Well, it looks like our first-round draft pick is going to be spent on a cornerback then.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.