PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can anyone lose with honor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://boards.giants.com/forums/1/606032/ShowThread.aspx

honestly, I think it was the first time in a long time it was a good game by the refs....but thats just me.

there wasnt alot of pen. agains the patriots because they are a good diciplined team.

These people are PATHETIC. Absolutely pathetic. They're jealous, whiney, and act like little kids.

Ohhh boo hoo the refs called penalties on our team!!! Boo hoo!! The Patriots kicked our ass but we can't admit it because we're little *****es!!!

BOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

it wasnt a perfect game, but if anything the questionable calls pretty much balanced each other out.

no grounds for either side to whine.

this is what happens when you lose a tough game tho

These people are PATHETIC. Absolutely pathetic. They're jealous, whiney, and act like little kids.

Ohhh boo hoo the refs called penalties on our team!!! Boo hoo!! The Patriots kicked our ass but we can't admit it because we're little *****es!!!

BOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

You might want to read some of your fellow member's posts about this topic in previous games (ie. Indy vs. NE). This forum has been besieged by "whining" about penalties in the past. But then again, it happens on all team forums. However, you should recognize that your own fans arent above the same conduct.

go choke on some avocado tofutti and tacos, "dewd"

You might want to read some of your fellow member's posts about this topic in previous games (ie. Indy vs. NE). This forum has been besieged by "whining" about penalties in the past. But then again, it happens on all team forums. However, you should recognize that your own fans arent above the same conduct.

Please don't tell me you're being silly enough to compare the obscenity that was the officiating in the Colts game with normal officiating. For crying out loud, the officiating in that Colts game was so bad that Cowherd uses a comment of his about it as part of his promo series for his talk show.

Sometimes the officials really do screw teams over. They've hosed the Patriots in the playoffs twice this decade (horrible P.I. calls in the Denver loss as well), almost hosed the Steelers, and hosed the Seahawks in the Super Bowl. They hose teams like that even with their best crews, nevermind the regular season crews that aren't usually as good or as 'prepared'.

Last edited:
go choke on some avocado tofutti and tacos, "dewd"

It's past your bedtime Timmy. Night night.
And you were probably one of the primary whiners, right?

Please don't tell me you're being silly enough to compare the obscenity that was the officiating in the Colts game with normal officiating. For crying out loud, the officiating in that Colts game was so bad that Cowherd uses a comment of his about it as part of his promo series for his talk show.

Sometimes the officials really do screw teams over. They've hosed the Patriots in the playoffs at least twice this decade, almost hosed the Steelers, and hosed the Seahawks in the Super Bowl.

Im comparing the fans response to poor calls and/or perceived poor calls. Wilfork's poke in the eye was pretty blatant, as was the non-foul against Toomer. The point is, every team gets hosed now and then. Every fan base complains about it too.

I could care less. I wasn't a member of this message board then.

The Patriots are the best team in the league. So far, no one has been able to do a damn thing about it, and the Patriots have imposed their will on every team they've faced this year.

The bottom line is, people don't want to admit that. They NEED to find excuses, they NEED to do it. They can't help themselves, because they are weaklings.

The Patriots have been bent over and raped plenty of times by the refs this year, and don't even get me started about what's happened in the past. I might complain about it, but I will never blame it for a loss. That's just pathetic. The Giants lost because the Patriots kicked their ass, just like every other team the Patriots have played this year.

You know those stereotypical arrogant Patriots fans? I'm one of them. I will take every single window of opportunity to rub it in the faces of the teams we have decimated this year and their fans.

They would do it to me if the situations were reversed, so why shouldn't I do it to them?

We win, you lose. I can say that to the fans of 16 different teams this year, and I will continue to do so until the slate is wiped clean next season. That is what sports are all about. They're a contest to see who is the better man (or woman). So that's how I treat it as a fan. Sure, I don't contribute to the team winning or losing. But who cares?? I am on level ground with every fan that's ever lived in that regard.

Last edited:
Im comparing the fans response to poor calls and/or perceived poor calls. Wilfork's poke in the eye was pretty blatant, as was the non-foul against Toomer. The point is, every team gets hosed now and then. Every fan base complains about it too.

1.) You're the one who cited the Colts game, not me.

2.) The "non call" on Wilfork happened when other skirmishing was going on and seemed to be a case of the officials not seeing it. That's not poor officiating, it's what happens when scrums break out.

3.) That "Toomer" call could have been on anyone. The officials completely screwed up the explanation and even had it going against the Patriots at first.

Now, please go back and look at all the Patriots wins in the past, say, 4 years, and give us all a list of games where the opponents where hosed by the officials. Not an isolated call here and there, but a game lost where a blown call could have been considered a major reason why the loss occurred, a game where the team had to overcome a horrendous call to win, or a game that could well have turned out differently if not for the blown call. I'm confident that the Patriots have been the shaftee far more often than the opposing team has.

Last edited:
obsess much, Mexican towel boy?

I could care less. I wasn't around then.

The Patriots are the best team in the league. So far, no one has been able to do a damn thing about it, and the Patriots have imposed their will on every team they've faced this year.

The bottom line is, people don't want to admit that. They NEED to find excuses, they NEED to do it. They can't help themselves, because they are weaklings.

The Patriots have been bent over and raped plenty of times by the refs this year. I might complain about it, but I will never blame it for a loss. That's just pathetic. The Giants lost because the Patriots kicked their ass, just like every other team the Patriots have played this year.

You know those stereotypical arrogant Patriots fans? I'm one of them. I will take every single window of opportunity to rub it in the faces of the teams we have decimated this year and their fans.
They would do it to me if the situations were reversed, so why shouldn't I do it to them?

We win, you lose. I can say that to the fans of 16 different teams this year, and I will continue to do so until the slate is wiped clean next season.

You sound like an angry fan. I think the "typical arrogant Pats fan" probably wasnt a fan when the Pats sucked. And they sucked plenty in the past (like most every team). But, not every fan is going to rub your face in a loss. Obviously there's always the tools that do that. I prefer to win with a little dignity, but I doubt I'll have any impact on your view.

The two most blatant misses were Burress's offensive PI and Wilfork's eye poke. That's one on each team.

Meriweather tumbled over on the Giants' sideline, so there's a good chance SOMEBODY was guilty of a foul and they just got the number wrong.

1.) You're the one who cited the Colts game, not me.

2.) The "non call" on Wilfork happened when other skirmishing was going on and seemed to be a case of the officials not seeing it. That's not poor officiating, it's what happens when scrums break out.

3.) That "Toomer" call could have been on anyone. The officials completely screwed up the explanation and even had it going against the Patriots at first.

Now, please go back and look at all the Patriots wins in the past, say, 4 years, and give us all a list of games where the opponents where hosed by the officials. Not an isolated call here and there, but a game lost where a blown call could have been considered a major reason why the loss occurred, a game where the team had to overcome a horrendous call to win, or a game that could well have turned out differently if not for the blown call. I'm confident that the Patriots have been the shaftee far more often than the opposing team has.

And do you have a link for what you're saying impacted the Pats in the same way during that Indy game? Other than a few isolated calls here and there of course.

You sound like an angry fan. I think the "typical arrogant Pats fan" probably wasnt a fan when the Pats sucked. And they sucked plenty in the past (like most every team). But, not every fan is going to rub your face in a loss. Obviously there's always the tools that do that. I prefer to win with a little dignity, but I doubt I'll have any impact on your view.

Luckily, my sense of dignity has nothing to do with professional sports. It's entertainment. That's it. Seriously, that's pretty much what it's all about.

I will rub the success of my team in people's faces. I absolutely will. And I would expect the same treatment if the roles were reversed. It's all in good fun. I'm not angry, I'm actually quite happy. If I were angry in regard to my fanhood (as opposed to real life, in which I am as happy as can be because life is good), that would mean the Patriots were bad, in which case I'd have no right to rub anything in anyone's face.

I said nothing about making people feel bad about themselves or anything like that. We're talking about following professional sports teams here. It's not like I'm saying "Wow you suck as a person and are a horrible father, brother, friend, and any other role you might fill in your lifetime because my team beat your team."

I'm saying "My team rules. Your team sucks. Boo yah."

16-0 has obviously wounded Michargers brain past the point of recovery....don't worry though..there's a spot for you between the cauliflower and cabbage in Pedro's Supermarket in downtown Crackjuana

And do you have a link for what you're saying impacted the Pats in the same way during that Indy game? Other than a few isolated calls here and there of course.

Feel free to go back and watch the game, not that you should have to. I'm sure you watched the game and are fully aware of at least some of the terrible calls.

Luckily, my sense of dignity has nothing to do with professional sports. It's entertainment. That's it. Seriously, that's pretty much what it's all about.

I will rub the success of my team in people's faces. I absolutely will. And I would expect the same treatment if the roles were reversed. It's all in good fun. I'm not angry, I'm actually quite happy. If I were angry in regard to my fanhood (as opposed to real life, in which I am as happy as can be because life is good), that would mean the Patriots were bad, in which case I'd have no right to rub anything in anyone's face.

I said nothing about making people feel bad about themselves or anything like that. We're talking about following professional sports teams here. It's not like I'm saying "Wow you suck as a person and are a horrible father, brother, friend, and any other role you might fill in your lifetime because my team beat your team."

I'm saying "My team rules. Your team sucks. Boo yah."

I hear ya, but I dont think most fans (of any sport) have the same perspective. I think most fans internalize it and make it personal. Anyways, cheers on the season and I hope we square off again in the playoffs.

Ohhh look at the big bad Chargers troll with his chest bowed out feeling his oats.

By the way, how many playoff games has San Diego won lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes