PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Campaign for Pete Mangurian as offensive coordinator

Status
Not open for further replies.

maverick4

Banned
Reaction score
Pete Mangurian - Official New England Patriots Biography

Mangurian is the current Pats tight end coach with a long resume. Prior to the Pats he spent 3 years under Dan Reeves as Falcons O-Line coach and also as offensive coordinator, and also was a head coach at Cornell for a few years. He also coached tight ends and running backs under Reeves with the Broncos.

It would be nice to have an older, more experienced, and mature offensive coordinator. I firmly believe that despite putting up video game stats the past few years, that McDaniels was a reason we never won a ring due to his play calling.

Last edited:
If there's going to be a campaign for him, can we call him the "Mangurian Candidate"?

Mangurian is the current Pats tight end coach with a long resume. Prior to the Pats he spent 3 years under Dan Reeves as Falcons O-Line coach and also as offensive coordinator, and also was a head coach at Cornell for a few years. He also coached tight ends and running backs under Reeves with the Broncos.

It would be nice to have an older, more experienced, and mature offensive coordinator. I firmly believe that despite putting up video game stats the past few years, that McDaniels was a reason we never won a ring due to his play calling.

Are you sure it wasn't the defense not being able to get off the field or just making a play? I mean, if we have to blame something......

I really can't believe that in the Super Bowl McDaniel called that helmet catch. (sarcasm here).

McDaniels will be missed because he is good. BB will find someone else of the same quality, or do it himself. I'm not qualified to argue that Mangurian is the guy, but BB is immenently qualified to make that call and I will gladly accept his thumbs up or his thumbs down on any of the internal (or external) candidates.

McDaniels is not the reason why we haven't won a SB in a couple of years. In 2006, he had Caldwell/Gabriel/Gaffney as WRs. It was incredible how far we went and how close we came to going to the SB with that offensive crew. The defense failed us in that Indy game.

Last year, even though I felt that our offense tried to go deep too often agains the Giants D when our offensive line couldn't hold the DL long enough to let the play develop, we still were leading with a minute to go. The Giants had a drive for the ages that included the greatest catch in Super Bowl history. Can't fault McDaniels for that.

The guy is a good OC and is now given a chance to be a HC. I think we'll be fine. I'm sure Belichick knew this was coming and I am confident he has a plan.

Hmm.. So the defense not stopping the Giants offense had nothing to do with it? So Hobbs getting called for a BS face guarding call and Kelvin Hayden raping Caldwell in the end zone and not being called had nothing to do with it?

Sorry man, but its clear your bias against McDaniels has you ignoring 2/3 of the game. Mainly the defense and special teams.

You also seem to not understand that Brady had the final say on plays based on what he saw from the defense. And that, while McDaniels sent the plays in, Brady changed things as often as not.

Ho Hum. I choose to let Bill Belichick select his offensive coordinator without benefit of my input and hopefully yours. We don't know crap compared to Belichick.

Ho Hum. I choose to let Bill Belichick select his offensive coordinator without benefit of my input and hopefully yours. We don't know crap compared to Belichick.
No, let's start a gung ho campaign over someone we know nothing about!

If there's going to be a campaign for him, can we call him the "Mangurian Candidate"?

I came in here to make this joke, so I'll just leave now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots