PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Camp Observations

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI, Bedard is putting a strong buy on Chandler Jones starting at LDE right out of the gate:

I think it's time for us (me) to adjust expectations for DE Chandler Jones. At this point, he's a starter. Not sure I see it changing

https://twitter.com/GregABedard/statuses/231490538304593920

Jones has been much stronger at the point of attack than I think even the Patriots anticipated.

https://twitter.com/GregABedard/status/231490828797890561

I really like the fact that the Pats top draft picks are getting rave reviews especially since some of the rookies I have been following around the league have been less than impressive.

Last edited:
Last edited:
so some more fights today at camp. I know that if this is happening at another camp that team is in disarray and when it's at your team's camp it's just good competition BUT I honestly don't think it's a coincidence that we went into this TC saying that there was an unprecedented amount of competition at every positon and it's been as chippy as it has been.

so some more fights today at camp. I know that if this is happening at another camp that team is in disarray and when it's at your team's camp it's just good competition BUT I honestly don't think it's a coincidence that we went into this TC saying that there was an unprecedented amount of competition at every positon and it's been as chippy as it has been.

Right, good point, but that said--I don't think we'll be seeing anything like that for a little while anyway; at least not with Belichick and Brady's comments to the team today after it happened.

I'm definitely starting to get concerned about Gronk. It's not that there are a ton of reports out there about him right now. It's that fact that the reports that are out there have mentioned things like the Brady to Gronk connection isn't there yet, Gronk is not Gronk yet, or Gronk doesn't look comfortable or fully recovered yet.

My concern is what is the issue, still recovering from the ankle surgery? And if so, when can we expect a full recovery. If he still needs recovery time, why would Belichick and the staff be fielding him for practice everyday. Sounds to me like he should be resting in the training room or on the sidelines rather than being rushed back to the early stages of training camp.

Maybe I'm just crazy, granted I haven't seen a practice this year, just wondering what everyone else thinks.

Not exactly what you're suggesting, but -- if our young tackles are a little bit questionable while our other receivers are even better, Gronk may stay in to block more.

I'm actually seeing reports saying his receiving has already come around and his blocking is still catching up.

I'm hoping the day off lets the players cool their heads a bit. Today Santonio Holmes got hurt (possible broken rib) because they were playing too rough, I'd be pissed if something similar happened to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back