PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Camp observations from McHugh of Patriot Ledger

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's all good news. I'm particularly excited about how well certain rookies are doing (Mayo, Wheatly, Slater, Guyton...)

While you're linking to McHugh - his Patriots blog: http://blogs.townonline.com/patriots/
From Thursday's practice:
Best catch of the day went to side judge Philip McKinnely, part of the three-man officiating crew that has spent the past three days at practice. McKinnely snatched a Brady throwaway while monitoring the action from the sideline.
-----
From discussion about Rodney being voted dirtiest player again:
Last week, new TE Marcus Pollard acknowledged that he had formed a certain opinion of Harrison before he signed here as a free agent.

“I thought he would be the biggest jerk ever because he’s one of those guys you hate playing against and love to have on your team,” said Pollard, a 14-year veteran who has played with the Colts, Lions and Seahawks. “Now that I’m here, I understand that. Rodney’s the epitome of that. Tenacious football player, hard hitter, physical guy on the field. I thought he would be the same thing in the locker room. Far from it. He’s been a great friend. He’s introduced me to a lot of people. We talk about golf; we both love that a lot. So, we’ve got a lot in common besides both being in the league a lot of years.”
------
From Tuesday evening:
Trickeration: The media isn’t supposed to detail trick plays, but we’ll just say that fans witnessed Bruschi intercepting a pass intended for OL Dan Koppen and G Dan Connolly spiking the ball in the end zone after victimizing LB Larry Izzo on an acrobatic reception.

Last edited:
From Tuesday evening:
Trickeration: The media isn’t supposed to detail trick plays, but we’ll just say that fans witnessed Bruschi intercepting a pass intended for OL Dan Koppen and G Dan Connolly spiking the ball in the end zone after victimizing LB Larry Izzo on an acrobatic reception.

Keel over if you ever saw that in a game.

Ascribe it to comic relief
for highly stressed players.
Good psychology.

McHugh is a DEEPLY underrated Patriots beat guy, and has been for awhile.

I know he had 3 players behind the 8 ball....Ross who is on PUP...and Clement..who is injured..and was NOT too good when practicing..but Webster who is out now...was quite good when with Bryant in the first days of camp...so I think its a stretch to put him there...If he really stunk up the joint in his few days...yes I think warranted..but he did not..

Last edited:
From Tuesday evening:

Ascribe it to comic relief
for highly stressed players.
Good psychology.

Trick plays ARE detailed by fans attending Training Camp...

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=89486

"One fake FG where Hansen was holding, rolled out and threw a pick. Another one looked unintended where Cassel fumbled the snap, rolled out and threw a 25 yd TD to leaping FA Guard Dan Connelley falling backwards. Amazing."

Trick plays ARE detailed by fans attending Training Camp...

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=89486

"One fake FG where Hansen was holding, rolled out and threw a pick. Another one looked unintended where Cassel fumbled the snap, rolled out and threw a 25 yd TD to leaping FA Guard Dan Connelley falling backwards. Amazing."

we need to resort more to the gadget plays like we used to. anyone remember the adam vinatieri fake fg against st louis back in 04? troy brown wide open endzone. martz had no clue.

From Tuesday evening:

Didn't Ashworth catch a TD pass versus Tampa Bay back in '05?

we need to resort more to the gadget plays like we used to. anyone remember the adam vinatieri fake fg against st louis back in 04? troy brown wide open endzone. martz had no clue.

People seem to say that alot these days. :D

i dont know how someone can say Chad Jackson is not a bust because he is catching balls in camp...he will have to prove it on the field for me to say he is not a bust

True. But any good news is encouraging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing