PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cameragate website is up!!! Spreading the truth with fact

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me, or do all of you care way more about this than anyone else? Why can't we emulate our coach and our team and just move on and look ahead to next year?

No one's stopping you.

Is it just me, or do all of you care way more about this than anyone else? Why can't we emulate our coach and our team and just move on and look ahead to next year?

It's just you. :)

I think this site is very useful--we aren't the coach, we aren't hurting the team by acting as a defender of the Patriots. I've been defending them since this crap surfaced, it's a great idea to have a web site repository for those of us rabid defenders.

neuro, thanks for the input. I am thinking if John is willing, and if tomorrow brings new emphasis on this claptrap, we should organize the best quotes on a front page, which I'll have to figure out in the next few days, the weekend at the latest.

Great idea, and great work!

I think I have to shout a call for help here people.

We accept any help in any way possible.

Send me media emails to send the website addy too.
Send in your written referenced pieces.
Send us your questions and answers.
Send us anything you think belongs on the site.

Stay impartial - this is for truth and fact only.

Our job is not done...

Time to get this updated and spread far and wide...

This can be the way we make sure that truth and fact is told.

Perhaps, if Senator Comcast had read our material, he would not have made quite such a fool of himself?

In light of Senator Specter's ridiculous press conference, I would LOVE to see a little breakdown of his presser for all to see. Basically, in an unbiased fashion just take every point he makes during the speech and refute it with fact or statements made by Goodell. I haven't had a chance to listen to the press conference so I can't speak directly to the content, but from what I've read on here it was pretty brutal.

I think content like that on your sight might prompt a writer to do a little piece on Specter and the insanity that is his 'investigation'.

Just a thought...once again, fantastic work on the site.

I haven't contributed to the website so can't comment directly from that end. However, as a fan who has been effected by the 'spygate' proceedings and believes it to be an important issue that should be countered in any way possible, I might as well give an answer.

I've said this previously in numerous other locations, but I believe the biggest penalty, from an historic perspective, has nothing to do with draft picks and fines and everything to do with legacies and perceptions. In thirty years when I want to read about this dynasty, this fantastic collection of football players and football minds, I don't want to have to skip half the book because it's devoted to the witchhunt that is cameragate. I love the history of the game, I love reading about the great players and teams from the past. I absolutely do not want the Patriots legacy over this decade of dominance to be slaughtered because the media decided that Belichick is the devil. As I've said in the past, if this were the Bengals or Cardinals we would have seen a fine and a mid-to-late round pick and very little fanfare. I think the bias is despicable, the outrage is ridiculous and the media's reaction deplorable and defamatory.

I want to remember Brady, Brown, McGinest, Belichick, Law, Bruschi, Harrison and all the rest as they are: champions; and I don't want that memory destroyed, torn apart because of a friggin' rules infraction.

It's not that I disagree with that, but I am not one who ever paid attention to the media's opinion. The perception of cheaters is here to stay no matter how many sites you make, and you're only going to be perceived as ignorant homers. It sucks, but it's a fact of life. I was at the NFL Draft in NYC a few weeks ago with Pats apparel on and trust me, there is no convincing these other fans that we aren't "cheaters."

Hey fggsand - keep your eye on the fact that apparently the Commish or his spokespeople have stated that - contrary to the rules and memos they've sent out - taping signals is prohibited regardless of the location.

As you know the rules say otherwise - and don't even come close to prohibiting taping regardless of location.

This could backfire on Goodell in a big way IMO.

The rules are the rules - the Commissioner can't change them on the fly just because he will look bad in public when its discovered that he's allowed signal stealing and videotaping of signals to be legal in the proper location for years and to this day still hasn't changed the rule.

Saying one thing when he knows his own rules say otherwise is just plain dishonest, and puts all teams in a situation where they can no longer assume that the rules are, well, the rules, if Goodell can change them on a whim.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=82672

Under the "Framing the Context" section, there really needs to be a mention of Bill Parcells's comments about Bill Walsh:

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007...-engaged-in-funny-business-during-1980s-play/

According to Parcells, the 49ers claimed in two different playoff games that their headsets had gone out during their first offensive series. The 49ers and coach Bill Walsh were famous for scripting the first series of every game, so headsets really wouldn't have been helpful to the 49ers during their first series -- quarterback Joe Montana and the entire offense knew exactly which plays to run whether they could hear their coaches' instructions or not.

But claiming their headsets had malfunctioned would give the 49ers a competitive advantage because of the rule that if one team's headsets malfunction, the other team has to stop using its headsets. So, according to Parcells, Walsh could tell the referee that the 49ers' headsets weren't working at the beginning of the game. Then the referee would order Parcells and his staff to take off their headsets, too, and that would give the 49ers an advantage. Then, later in the game, once the 49ers had used all their scripted plays, Walsh would tell the referee the 49ers had gotten their headsets fixed.

Parcells didn't specify which games the 49ers did this in, but he seemed to be referring to the Giants-49ers playoff games after the 1985 and 1986 seasons. The Giants won both of those games

But in the press, Belichick=Satan and Walsh=Saint.

Needs to be in there, for sure.

Hey fggsand - keep your eye on the fact that apparently the Commish or his spokespeople have stated that - contrary to the rules and memos they've sent out - taping signals is prohibited regardless of the location.

As you know the rules say otherwise - and don't even come close to prohibiting taping regardless of location.

This could backfire on Goodell in a big way IMO.

The rules are the rules - the Commissioner can't change them on the fly just because he will look bad in public when its discovered that he's allowed signal stealing and videotaping of signals to be legal in the proper location for years and to this day still hasn't changed the rule.

Saying one thing when he knows his own rules say otherwise is just plain dishonest, and puts all teams in a situation where they can no longer assume that the rules are, well, the rules, if Goodell can change them on a whim.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=82672

It may take a staff of 20 to keep up with all the lies being spread around.

In light of Senator Specter's ridiculous press conference, I would LOVE to see a little breakdown of his presser for all to see. Basically, in an unbiased fashion just take every point he makes during the speech and refute it with fact or statements made by Goodell. I haven't had a chance to listen to the press conference so I can't speak directly to the content, but from what I've read on here it was pretty brutal.

I think content like that on your sight might prompt a writer to do a little piece on Specter and the insanity that is his 'investigation'.

Just a thought...once again, fantastic work on the site.

It's obvious that Senator Specter is clueless when it comes to "NFL gamesmanship". Maybe we should dig up some of these stories about the Eagles and Steelers from not too long ago, and then send them en masse to his office (with a cc to Peter King) so he can get some decent perspective about this. The man seems to think that the Patriots/Belichick are the origin of these wrongdoings, when it is clear that a lot worse things or at least comparable things have happened in the past. And nothing happened with that: no investigations, no punishments, no further questions, nothing.

But guess what? Isn't this yet another source for motivation to use for Belichick and the rest of the Pats coaching staff on the players? "You see this, guys...they won't let it die, they are out to get this team. No matter what you do, how great you play or how convincing you win, they'll keep second-guessing you. There's no way of pleasing them, so let's go out and dominate like only we can. They can't take that away from you!"

Haha, the fact that it's being called "Cameragate" in the first place is pretty funny in and of itself. Amazing. Not really. It's typical.

Last edited:
Haha, the fact that it's being called "Cameragate" in the first place is pretty funny in and of itself. Amazing. Not really. It's typical.

...as is losing for the NY Jets.

It's nice to see someone take a stand against all of the NFL conspiracy nuts out there that will not let this story die (www.tinfoilonmyhead.com). If it's not going to be killed off by a media that seems intent on keeping this story on life support, it's nice to have a resource that is the voice of reason in this debate.

...as is losing for the NY Jets.
Hahaha, right on cue... C'mon, can't ANY of you give me something I DON'T expect?!

Nobody does 'I know you are, but what am I?" as well as Pee Wee Herman than the majority of Patriots fans. Deflection is an art form for you people. As well as a science.
baghead.gif

I would love to have legitimate discussions, but they're really hard to come by.

I hate the '-gate" suffix. Any chance this whole thing could be called CameraHunt? It's closer to a witch hunt than it is to watergate

It's nice to see someone take a stand against all of the NFL conspiracy nuts out there that will not let this story die (www.tinfoilonmyhead.com). If it's not going to be killed off by a media that seems intent on keeping this story on life support, it's nice to have a resource that is the voice of reason in this debate.

Dude....two words for you:

Wide Right.....

Dude....two words for you:

Wide Right.....

Ouch man, talk about hitting below the belt ...

I was actually in Foxboro last year to watch you guys beat up on the Not-so-Super Chargers week two. Awesome game. With the Bills in the state of disarray that they're in, it was refreshing to watch a fully functional football team take the field. Fans were great too.

Last edited:
Ouch man, talk about hitting below the belt ...

I was actually in Foxboro last year to watch you guys beat up on the Not-so-Super Chargers week two. Awesome game. With the Bills in the state of disarray that they're in, it was refreshing to watch a fully functional football team take the field. Fans were great too.

Glad you enjoyed....

Thanks for the kind words, Gillette is a great place to watch football - now if you would only remove that dumbass site of yours and educate yourself about taping signals....all would be well. If you do - I will tell you how I really feel about the Bills and their fans (you might be surprised).

Last edited:
fantastic work on the website guys. Simply wonderful. I showed it to some people i know (big supporters of the asterisk club) and all they could say is "you can't sugarcoat it, cheating is cheating". Thanks to you, they've finally shut up.

As for a suggestion, an FAQ would be helpful. Typical questions with answers etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back