Cam Newton to the Bills?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolinatony

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
As of now the first 5 picks are

1. Carolina: QB Andrew Luck Stanford Clausen is Not the answer

2. Cincinnati: WR A.J. Green Georgia T.O. will be gone and Ochco soon. Defense could be the pick.

3. Denver: Not a QB- spent 3 picks on Tebow

4. Detroit: CB Patrick Petersen LSU- very solid pick

5. Buffalo: QB Cam Newton Auburn

With the way Vick has been playing and the need to sell tickets I could see this. Thoughts?

As of now the first 5 picks are

1. Carolina: QB Andrew Luck Stanford Clausen is Not the answer

2. Cincinnati: WR A.J. Green Georgia T.O. will be gone and Ochco soon. Defense could be the pick.

3. Denver: Not a QB- spent 3 picks on Tebow

4. Detroit: CB Patrick Petersen LSU- very solid pick

5. Buffalo: QB Cam Newton Auburn

With the way Vick has been playing and the need to sell tickets I could see this. Thoughts?

At least with the current set-up ticket sales arent important, it all goes to the league and is then split equally among the teams.

As for drafting Newton, it all depends on how stupid/crazy teams are, I think the guy will get absolutely eaten alive in the NFL and has BUST written all over him.

I would have to let the bidders come calling.
Trade back for more picks, draft some lineman.
Go with Fitz at QB.

What good does it do to draft the QB if he is running for his life.
Not so sure Newton is the guy to face the AFC East 3-4 defenses 6 times a year.

They need defensive help more than a QB. Fitz is better than Newton will ever be, in my opinion.

Newton's mechanics are horrible. If they start him right away, they should have a QB coach working with him almost 24/7. Furthermore, he's not going to be able to run in the NFL like he does in college. To be honest, I'm not even sure why people are considering Newton a first round talent. He's a project, if anything.

Newton is in the same boat as Tebow as far as I'm concerned. Shouldn't go in the first, but probably will, to some coach that thinks he can make him awesome.

Last edited:
I really don't understand the hype around Newton as an NFL player. Tebow at least had the determination and intangibles that might help his development.

Newton is in the same boat as Tebow as far as I'm concerned. Shouldn't go in the first, but probably will, to some coach that thinks he can make him awesome.

Cam Newton might not be that great right now, but he is a pretty damn fantastic QB project. He is faster, bigger, more accurate, has a stronger arm and infinitely better mechanics than Tebow.

Ideally he'd be picked by an ok team in the middle/bottom of the first round and slowly developed at a comfortable pace. We all know that's not going to happen, though.

Last edited:

NO, NO, NO, Newton has a much better arm and mechanics than Tebow, he is bigger 6'6", and faster. I saw a mock the other day that had him going to the Dolphins for a full time "wildcat" offense.

Newton has the arm strengh to be a QB, I don't know if he can decipher a pro defense (Aubrun runs the same Urban Meyereske single read offense), but do not make the mistake that you can say Tebow=Newton, because the kid is "bigger, stronger, faster" (cue the six million dollar man theme music)................

NO, NO, NO, Newton has a much better arm and mechanics than Tebow, he is bigger 6'6", and faster. I saw a mock the other day that had him going to the Dolphins for a full time "wildcat" offense.

Newton has the arm strengh to be a QB, I don't know if he can decipher a pro defense (Aubrun runs the same Urban Meyereske single read offense), but do not make the mistake that you can say Tebow=Newton, because the kid is "bigger, stronger, faster" (cue the six million dollar man theme music)................

If throwing off your back foot is better mechanics, than I guess he does. BTW, Malzahn's offense and the Meyer offense are not even close to being the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes