PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cam Newton "Donkey Kong Suh" comments

they were college team mates at Auburn...i am sure everything is fine and some of ytou are blowing this way out of proportion
Suh went to Nebraska. I'll never forget the time he came onto the national stage in the Big 12 championship game where the heavily underdog Cornhuskers almost beat the Longhorns. I've never seen a single defensive player so thoroughly dominate a game like he did that night. Helluva defensive effort.

I highly doubt "everything is fine" between the two.

I'm pretty sure that Newton was trying to make a play on suh's first name, Ndamukong. Get it. Donkey kong. that being said, Newton is a tremendous athlete, but he is no Rhodes Scholar. He got kicked out of Florida for stealing a laptop.

I do agree with everyone else that if a white person had said that, Al Sharpton would be collecting a fee to be "offended" by the comment!

racism is the scourge of modern america

A pox on both Suh's & Newton's houses.

Suh went to Nebraska. I'll never forget the time he came onto the national stage in the Big 12 championship game where the heavily underdog Cornhuskers almost beat the Longhorns. I've never seen a single defensive player so thoroughly dominate a game like he did that night. Helluva defensive effort.

I highly doubt "everything is fine" between the two.

ah yes...was thinking of Nick Fairley

It doesn't matter what you say or the color of who says it. If it's fresh and gets clicks or views, that's what the focus of the day becomes, and it'll get drilled down and refined to keep it interesting ad nauseam. Your only hope is something else you hate less comes along quick enough to squash the story you really can't stand at all. My advice, step away from the TV for a few days.

It's been done before:

racism is the scourge of modern america

Things are getting better, james--but we've still got a long way to go.

I am proud of the fact that I don't share the same beliefs that my grandparents did, which is thanks to my parents. I think our modern generation has more tolerance than ever before, we just have some work to continue to do in order to make a difference.

I can definitely see how Cam calling Suh "Donkey Kong" has so naturally and so seamlessly turned into a `white people are bad and their grandparents were REALLY bad` thread.

The "monkey" insult for those of African ancestry is an odd one -- whites are more aware of it being an insult than blacks. I've heard it used in real life more than other anti-black racist insults, but I only recall one case of somebody publicly getting in trouble for it. (The "macaca" political rally incident.)

Things are getting better, james--but we've still got a long way to go.

I am proud of the fact that I don't share the same beliefs that my grandparents did, which is thanks to my parents. I think our modern generation has more tolerance than ever before, we just have some work to continue to do in order to make a difference.

i completely agree.......and i was semi kidding.........i dont have a very good sense of humor, supa

Am I the only one that hates Can Newton and thinks he's a ****y, overrated, selfish piece of garbage?

Am I the only one that hates Can Newton and thinks he's a ****y, overrated, selfish piece of garbage?

I'm not fond of him either, but I was at the Pats-Panthers game and Newton single handedly beat the Pats! They had him cornered on so many 3rd and longs and he escaped the pocket and ran for a first down too many times for me to remember. Then he hit two or three bombs. He is ****y and maybe a jerk, but is definitely a very good player plus, unlike the other running QBs he has the size to take the hits.

I'm not fond of him either, but I was at the Pats-Panthers game and Newton single handedly beat the Pats! They had him cornered on so many 3rd and longs and he escaped the pocket and ran for a first down too many times for me to remember. Then he hit two or three bombs. He is ****y and maybe a jerk, but is definitely a very good player plus, unlike the other running QBs he has the size to take the hits.

He's definitely a great athlete, I just think as a QB, he's overrated.

No. He's a punk. Pure and simple.

Obviously, Ron Rivera runs a very loose ship over there.

Imagine what Belichick would do to any Patriot player who went out of his way to taunt someone like Ndamokung Suh within hours of facing him.

This is the one and only time I've ever rooted for Suh. I hope he wipes that **** eating grin right off of the moron's face.

We agree ...

perlman-jpg.6961

View attachment 6961

Oh, great, now we're targeting the Jews???????

We Shall Overcome!!!!!! :D :D :D

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back