PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cam Cameron....18-37 @ Indiana..Are they serious?

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsfaninpa

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
A Bo Schembecler disciple as an offensive coach. I lked Bo. But, him and modern day offense shouldn't be in the same book. Oh, he went to college to coach and failed 18-37. Went to the Chargers and was handed a boatload of talent. Led the league in scoring. Then in the playoffs. He wanted to show everybody how smart he was by spreading the ball around. Unfortunately for Charger fans he forgot to give the ball to the best football player on the planet. Color me happy he's in Miami. In the words of John McEnroe; "You cannot be serious!"

I don't think anyone should describe the 2002 Chargers as "a boatload of talent" and be allowed to get away with it. And there didn't seem to be much wrong with his offense this year or the year before, or the year before that. And, as we all know, coaching in college is much different from coaching in the NFL. Maybe he's not a good recruiter? Maybe he's not a rah-rah guy?

He did make bad playcalls late in our playoff game. And he's presiding over what looks to be a mess of a roster. But I think the primary reason he won't be successful in Miami is that he'll be competing with Belichick and Mangini each year, and if Mangini keeps it up those look like long odds. Even Jauron up in Buffalo accomplished more than anyone thought this year. In a way, Cameron is stuck with a situation much like the one he had in Indiana, stuck with a franchise that is, at this point, second rate against the big boys.

Just to let you know, Indiana averages about a 3-9 season every year. That record would come out to about 4-8 each season. Indiana isn't Penn St. and Michigan, or even Minnesota. Give him a shot... all he has to do is get the offense clicking, since Capers is a great DC.

Look at it this way. If he's any good, it's a minus for SD. If he's not, it's a minus for Miami.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye