PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Calvin Pace or Vernon Gholston?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to Tennessee State and then going in the top 10? I don't think so, unless you get 30 passes broken up and 10 picks a year.

It doesn't matter where someone went to college. Randy Moss went to Div II Marshall for chrissake. People go to different colleges for alot of reasons. Some kids aren't recruited highly as HS athletes and bloom late. Others have responsibiltiies at home. Some fail academic requirements, or get into trouble in HS, like Deion branch and Randy Moss. What matters is how gifted you are athletically when your draft year arrives. IMO Cromartie is as physically gifted a cb prospect as has come out since DeAngelo Hall. Does that mean he'll be a superstar? Not necessarily. But your dismissal of his ability comes off as ill-informed.

Going to Tennessee State and then going in the top 10? I don't think so, unless you get 30 passes broken up and 10 picks a year.

It's not common, but it does happen. Demarcus Ware is a recent example of small-school prospect taken high based on pure raw athletic potential.

It's not common, but it does happen. Demarcus Ware is a recent example of small-school prospect taken high based on pure raw athletic potential.

The difference is that guys like Ware and Moss dominated their level of competition. Cromartie apparently did not. I really don't want to dive deep into this debate again today, but Cromartie is a workout warrior with name recognition. Taking him early in the first round is extremely risky. What he did on the field week in and week out should hold a lot more truth than an exhibition game that is stacked in the defense's favor, and a Scouting Combine.

I think DRC has potential. I'd love to draft him, but there's just no way I'd give him a first day grade over those other corners, Talib, Cason, etc, that have a much better on-field resume.

I think DRC has potential. I'd love to draft him, but there's just no way I'd give him a first day grade over those other corners, Talib, Cason, etc, that have a much better on-field resume.

What? DRC doesn't belong in the first round? Umm-kay. Stay off drugs. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back