PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Calvin Pace NOT A Dolphin

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Pats can convince Pace to take a below market deal like they were able to get Adalius Thomas and Rosey Colvin to do, I am all for it. If he is looking for $20 million guaranteed, I think I would pass.

No, Pace played an OLB in a Whisenhunt 3-4, so I do not know whether the OLB duties somehow did not include setting the edge and pass-rushing, though the latter is highly doubtful. But you tell me the differences.

When we're talking about 20M guaranteed money, my Calvin Pace chant might get a little tinny. But I'll worry about it when I see offers at 20M guaranteed, rather than agent talk of 20M guaranteed.

PFnV

What has Calvin Pace ever really done to earn that kind of money?

Easy decision to pass on him for big bucks

I'd pass for that money too, but if he fits the bill they can convince him I think. I'm not putting much hopes into it, it looks like Miami wasn't to good with his demands either/

I'd pass for that money too, but if he fits the bill they can convince him I think. I'm not putting much hopes into it, it looks like Miami wasn't to good with his demands either/

It looks like he's trying to leverage his one good year into lifetime security. Nothing wrong with that, but from an employer point of view, I'd be a little wary in dealing with the guy and his "demands".

I'm guessing Parcells was of a similar frame of mind....

Too much money and I hope to god the Jets sign him....It will put them in cap hell and gives us a better chance to grab Ohio State guy:rolleyes:

I found an update.:)

===================================

Free agent LB Calvin Pace returned to his home in Atlanta after meeting with the Jets over the weekend.

He's mulling the Jets and Dolphins' offers. The Bengals want to bring Pace in for a visit, but their meeting was only tentatively scheduled. The 27-year-old pass rusher should have a decision early this week.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

Edit: I posted a link so that Ponyexpert Dude won't wish me death. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye