PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Calvin Pace calls out Refs for loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triumph

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
"It was a fumble," Pace told The Post. "And again, the referees missed another one. You know what they're going to do? They're going to write us a letter about how they missed another call and what does that do? Nothing.

"I guess it's human error, so what can you do? We got a call that just ain't right. If it wasn't a fumble [Branch] wouldn't have gotten up and tried to run."

Pace then suggested that the Jets were playing against more than the Patriots' prolific offense.

"It's very disheartening, man," Pace said. "Guys were playing their hearts out against a very talented team and when people [the referees] make mistakes it costs you. What can you do, man It's terrible.

"Did that cost us the game? I don't know. Probably not. But there was a lot of questionable stuff that I thought wasn't right."

Asked what else he considered questionable, Pace said, "Some of the so-called pass interference stuff," referring to calls against Donald Strickland and Brodney Pool.

If it wasn't a fumble [Branch] wouldn't have gotten up and tried to run."

So what he's saying here is that if Branch was down by contact he wouldn't have gotten up and tried to run.

Maybe it would help if Pace watched an NFL game from time to time, you know when players try to run after they're clearly down all the time. Or when defenders pick up a ball on the ground that was dropped by someone who was clearly down and try to run with it all the time.

******ed.

"It was a fumble," Pace told The Post. "And again, the referees missed another one. You know what they're going to do? They're going to write us a letter about how they missed another call and what does that do? Nothing.

"I guess it's human error, so what can you do? We got a call that just ain't right. If it wasn't a fumble [Branch] wouldn't have gotten up and tried to run."

Pace then suggested that the Jets were playing against more than the Patriots' prolific offense.

"It's very disheartening, man," Pace said. "Guys were playing their hearts out against a very talented team and when people [the referees] make mistakes it costs you. What can you do, man It's terrible.

"Did that cost us the game? I don't know. Probably not. But there was a lot of questionable stuff that I thought wasn't right."

Asked what else he considered questionable, Pace said, "Some of the so-called pass interference stuff," referring to calls against Donald Strickland and Brodney Pool.

If it "wasn't a fumble", no Branch wouldn't have gotten up and tried to run it because he was down by contact the second Pace touched him. I am guessing the guy doesn't know the down by contact rule. The second a ball carrier has at least one knee down and a defender touches him, he is down by contact. At the point of the initial contact, Branch had control of the ball. He didn't try to change hands until after. I caught it in real time, but it was pretty obvious (to everyone except Jets fans and players and Phil Simms) in replay.

wow. love it. not sure why his idiocy brings me joy, but it does.

I hope he blames the refs for the fact that he's on vacation during the playoffs.

That is just plain hilarious, and Phill Sims fed it.

Branch was on the ground when he caught the ball and never got up.

There was no point between the time Branch caught the ball and the time the ball came out that it would not have been down by contact.

That was obvious in real time. Didn't need a replay to see that. I was mad BB had to waste a challenge on something so obvious.

What a ridiculous statement on a play that isn't even debatable or controversial.

If Pace wants to talk about the refs, he can ask them how it is that Revis is allowed to hold receivers on EVERY SINGLE PLAY WAY BEYOND 5 YDS.

This is why the JETS can't get over the hump in 43 seasons and counting. Rex may be a defensive X's and O's savant in comparison to Herm, but he enables his players to avoid accountability in his effort to keep pumping up their self image in the hope he can convince them they are destiny's children... Somewhere between Mangini's perversion of his own mentor's philosophy on accountability and Rex's aversion to it lies the formula the JETS have been searching for for decades. Unfortunately for the present generation of JETS fans their owner has his own spin fueled agenda that will never allow that organization to build a solid foundation for success. That (as much as Parcell's shadow) is why Bill resigned on a ****tail napkin and ran screeming from the renters of his beloved Meadowlands...

What a f@#$%^& baby...I guess he didn't mind it in the first quarter when Revis grabbed the back of Welker's jersey and held it for a solid 3 seconds without a call.

The most laughable part was his complaints about the pass interference calls. If they think those were questionable calls they should have tried playing the Colts in 2006. They would have a call against them every single play.

Pace is right, they did have a bad game I mean look at the 4 man wedge and clipping on the McKnight return and the illegal contact every passing down by Revis...and the things he's complaining about weren't even wrong! The PI calls were all PI and the fumble was CLEARLY down by contact.

Officials make mistakes, sure they missed things for both teams but what he's complaining about were as clear as you get when it comes to throwing a flag.

Moron.

Last edited:
Defense complaining about refs. Sounds like a Ravens team.
I wonder what the connection could be?

The funble in question was reviewed and the call overturned. That meant there must have been undisputable evidence that it wasn't a fumble (in the refs opinion). I wonder if he's seen the play again.

One of the those PIs called against them was a little almost tickytacky, but when you keep playing that aggreeisve style, sometimes it bites you.

Pace really is f***ing stupid!

The refs made a massive mistake, after looking at it with various camera angles, and after knowing the rules!

It was obvious once I saw the replay, I couldn't tell in real time (stream wasn't perfect quality), but once I saw the replay, I knew he was down!

Don't go blaming the refs for losing the game by getting a call right!

Yah, let's ask him how well the ref's did on that pass play in the end zone to Welker for the TD late in the game. He was blatantly mugged. Still astonished there was no PI call on that one. Had to settle for 3.

Sure, the ref's blew calls on the JESTs:bricks:

Calvin Pace is correct: the Patriots are Satanic cheaters and the Jets are pure little snowflakes to be admired for their perfection and individuality, and are indeed proof of the existence of God.

Time to pull out the fine memo pad, Roger.

Wow. He sounds like a regular poster over at Gang Green.

Last edited:
I thought gross and mass stupidity was confined to the Jets supporter base. I was wrong.

That illegal contact had in our favor was a PI from the JESTS on top of that that original call and the PI was not called :bricks:

Go cry some more Calvin. You guys are on "Pace" for another series of losses after the Miami game:)

Last edited:
Time to pull out the fine memo pad, Roger.

Yep, that was my second thought. My first thought was that this team is spiraling out of control very very quickly.

I'll sum this up as succinctly as possible...

Pace's officiating rant = EPIC FAIL :bricks:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes