PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Calvin Johnson runs a 4.33 in 40 yard dash!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, if I were running the Patriots, I would just go Daniel Snyder in free agency and sign Adalius Thomas and London Fletcher. I'd make sure that Asante stayed (and if he didn't I'd sign clements). Then I'd feel free to trade up for Calvin Johnson. My whole draft? No way. I want to make a pick other than Johnson in the top 55. But two #1s, maybe a future #2 or this year's #3? I'd think about it.

I'm glad you're not running the team! You'd blow up our cap structure AND mortgage our future? It sounds like you have a Ph.D from the Matt Millen - Dan Snyder school of management.

Last edited:
I'm glad you're not running the team! You'd blow up our cap structure AND mortgage our future? It sounds like you have a Ph.D from the Matt Millen - Dan Snyder school of management.

$We have $30 million dollars to play with. Who are you going to give it to? Todd Rucci?

now now upstater, no need to dirty rucci's name he's the only patriot player i met shook hands with got and autograph and sold him his big screen tv real cool guy. Plus he couldn't stop talking about drew bledsoe loved parcells said carrol was over his head and said he never gotta good read on bellichick but claimed that he and drew went fishing all the time. Bledsoe even came here to lancaster for rucci's wedding. Right by my house he claimed he'd invite me to a cookout with drew but it never happened still great guy though.

Good story. My younger bro tells me a harmless story about hanging out with a former Pats lineman, but I can't go into details because everyone is so hung up about marijuana.

Calvin Johnson is probably going to be a great player in the NFL. But he's not worth trading a whole draft for. I think the Pats needs include LB/CB/WR and S. So that's at least 4 holes you need to plug and the rest of the picks will be double ups or developmental guys.

I think the Pats DO need to make a splash in free agency though. You simply can't address all your needs through the draft because half of those guys won't pan out.

Todd McShay on his ESPN chat wrap.

Todd (Akron, OH): Do you see the Browns trying to trade down to aquire more picks?

Todd McShay: I think they'd like to but so would most teams drafting in the top 5. The hard part is finding a trading partner. Most teams would rather not spend top 5 money on one player.

Todd McShay: For that matter, I would rather be the Patriots with picks No. 24 and 28 overall than the Browns with pick No. 3 (or 4).

---------------------

I think most teams feel that way.

One star player < depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back