Welcome to PatsFans.com

Calvin Johnson runs a 4.33 in 40 yard dash!

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by HEY BRO! WHAT UP?, Feb 15, 2007.

1. HEY BRO! WHAT UP?

HEY BRO! WHAT UP? Banned

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Last edited: Feb 15, 2007
  2. zippo59

zippo59 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

We'd have to trade our entire draft to get high up enough to pick him. No one is worth that, especially a wide receiver.
  3. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

He'll be good, but I think he is more fast than he is quick/agile, and remember there are always 1 or 2 receivers who get hyped up big time with little payoff. Remember Braylon Edwards? Yeah that worked out well for the Browns. How about all those Lions receivers?
  4. RyanTheColtsFan

RyanTheColtsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Edwards played well his rookie year after dealing with injuries. This year he had 61 catches for 884 yards and 6 TD's. Thats with a bunch of scrubs throwing him the football.

The Lions... Charie Rogers was a bust. Its too early to tell on Mike Williams but if he can get rid of the injury bug, he should be a beast. All the physical tools. I dont think I have to explain how talented Roy Williams is.
  5. Remix 6

Remix 6 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Mike Williams doesnt have an injury problem..hes fast and overweight and lazy

Edwards put up good stats but he dropped a ton of balls
  6. RyanTheColtsFan

RyanTheColtsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Could have sworn Williams had injury problems. Thanks for the correction.
  7. everlong

everlong Rookie

Ratings:
    +158 / 1 / -1

#12 Jersey

He was get sitting on the bench while Josh McCown (QB) was getting catches in the passing game. That's how far down on the depth chart he is, in Detriot of all places.
  8. HEY BRO! WHAT UP?

HEY BRO! WHAT UP? Banned

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Charles Rogers was a better prospect coming out of college than Braylon Edwards. Rogers times were a lot faster at 4.3 and Edwards at 4.4-4.5 range. Mike Williams was not hyped up. He was in the news so much because he was constantly being critized on his slow 40 times, some have clocked in at 4.7 range. Mike Williams was good in college, not good in the pros. As soon as his rookie contract is up, I doubt any team will sign him. I hope he saves his money or invests it in Real Estate. With his work ethic, he will not be in the NFL long.
  9. HEY BRO! WHAT UP?

HEY BRO! WHAT UP? Banned

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Of course, no one is worth an entire draft. Unless, it's for L.T., Peyton Manning or Tom Brady.
  10. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

Mike Williams hurt himself missing an entire year of football. Missing an entire year that you can simulate with training and a poor work ethic caused him to get fat and slow.

They should put him at tightend(non-blocking of course). Put him in the slot full time.
  11. WhiZa

WhiZa Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

The difference between Johnson and Rogers/Williams is attitude. Johnson is a role model while the other two are just in it for the money.

Based on the Draft Value chart we could move up to #8 with our first rounders and #5 with the first 3 picks. There is a chance he would be at the #5 slot, but he's probably not worth 3 picks. If he falls to #8 you have to at least consider pulling the trigger!
  12. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

The point is, a high pick on a receiver doesn't translate into wins.
  13. upstater1

upstater1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +43 / 4 / -3

Depends on the receiver. They are few and far between.

But, this wide receiver is definitely the best I've ever seen in 30 years of watching college football. I've never seen anyone better. He plays hard, has incredible hands, can leap high, he's fast, run tight routes, has a real feel for where to be on the field, and he's high character.

The only thing that held him back last year, if you can call it that, was one of the worst QBs in college ball.
  14. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

You can pretty much copy and paste this scouting report for 1 receiver every year in the NFL draft.
  15. The Gr8est

The Gr8est Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

When Matt Jones WR Arkansas was drafted in the 1st round by Jacksonville he was coming off a combine where he ran a 4.37 at 6-6 238.

CJ is good, maybe great, but not worth trading our draft for.

I'd rather have our much needed influx at DB and LB than trade up for CJ.
  16. drew4008

drew4008 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Believe me, this guy's bust potential is so low it's not funny. If we got him, I don't even know what I'd do. He is head and shoulders the best prospect in this draft class. A Larry Fitzgerald with more speed.
  17. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I would be very surprised to hear that the Pats traded many picks for the chance...
  18. koolaid23

koolaid23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

he may not be worth our whole draft, but he has the potential to be a roy williams, larry fitzgerald, chad johnson type player....to me thats worth a hell of alot for a team like ours that dosnt have too many holes. 2 first round picks this year and maybe a second rounder for a weapon like that for the next 5-6+ years, plus add in chad jackson on the other side, sounds like the super bowl shuffle 2 or 3 more times.
  19. PatsWorldChamps

PatsWorldChamps Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

fasssssssssst.... too bad we cant sniff him
  20. PatsWorldChamps

PatsWorldChamps Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

heard he's a punk looking for a big signing bonus.... stay away BB... stay far away... take our picks at our slots... let someone else bust on the next moss