PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Calvin Johnson, Gaines Adams and Amobi Okoye admit to smoking Marijuana

well so many people have tried it. it doesnt say they are addicts or go on it often but at least tried it

at least they admit it..honesty as young men and 2 that i know( CJ and Okoye) are very good people and mature. idk much about Adams but hes laid back and all

i think admitting is shows honesty and maturity.

well so many people have tried it. it doesnt say they are addicts or go on it often but at least tried it

at least they admit it..honesty as young men and 2 that i know( CJ and Okoye) are very good people and mature. idk much about Adams but hes laid back and all

i think admitting is shows honesty and maturity.

Yeah it's not like they admitted to "making it rain"

I tend to agree with you but you just know this has to raise a few flags in some front offices around the league. Especially now with teams in addition to the players possibly being punished when that player screws up.

This is atrocious behavior that should knock them well down in the first round. It would serve that thug Johnson to see him fall to 24th over-all and that punk Adams to slip to 28th.

That would send a message to these kids that marijuana use will not be rewarded. I myself wouldn't touch the stuff if it wasn't for my severe glaucoma.

So they're like 90% of college students.

well this was for combine interviews so teams already knew before us

IMO, it shows ALOT of maturity to have the balls to be honest about it. Wow, they lit up a blunt. Just like most of us have done atleast once before anyway. I think it shows they're good people by admitting it. You can't expect some hot jock football star in a university to never have a blunt or alcohol waved in his face, you just can't. Anyone who thinks it affects them is just being ridiculous.

I too admit to having smoked marijuana.

OK, so obviously if myself or most posters on this board were running an NFL franchise this information wouldn't adversely affect those players standing in our eyes.

But you've got to assume there are some stuffier shirts than what we have here on this board who may decide if they have player A and player B ranked somewhat equally and player A is admitting to getting stoned occasionally, the safer pick is player B.

but whose locker did they find it in??

I am Sparticus. :)

I really doubt it's going to affect any of them except for mabye Adams. I mean Johnson is the golden boy of the draft, who is probably the best physical specimen at wr ever and is has a good repuation as a character guy. And isn't okoye a 19 year old college graduate? enough said there. Adams mabye but I don't see it

This is atrocious behavior that should knock them well down in the first round. It would serve that thug Johnson to see him fall to 24th over-all and that punk Adams to slip to 28th.

That would send a message to these kids that marijuana use will not be rewarded. I myself wouldn't touch the stuff if it wasn't for my severe glaucoma.
:D (ten characters)

but whose locker did they find it in??

what? who said anything about locker. they admitted trying/using marijuana at least once whenever/wherever at whatever age

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back